Yellow | Rumors

serta

TB Veteran
Credits
Thought there was a rumors link before, but oh well heres a new one.
Anyone here of the Big R looking for a new land/terminal down at the PA/MD border? Also, a carlisle/harrisburg driver told me A UPS guy was touring their facility.

I heard from one of our roadies saying the same thing about the UPS guy @ 135. Could they might be rethinking about 153 or 120 fo service to the NE corridor frt.

rumor

:bananalama: I no there is a yellow terminal at the pa md border..... already, they moved in there about a year ago.......after they sold the little 24 door termainal they had in willamsport md. They have 170 door's or so now. And they are still just running city frieght, like the did before at the 24 door terminal. It's at the state line......in pa.

are we talking buy the whole thing ( I hope) or just one term because if its buster brown i say hell yes !! get us away from that raider dollar bill....

mechanic said:
are we talking buy the whole thing ( I hope) or just one term because if its buster brown i say hell yes !! get us away from that raider dollar bill....
No just harrisburg. And only a rumor, that we know of.:batman:

serta said:
No just harrisburg. And only a rumor, that we know of.:batman:

You know how rumors go...LOL.

I heard we are buying the Big R terminal, and then combining York and Hrs together in Carlisle.

But then again, I also heard they were planning on taking the break bulk away from NBR and putting it back in HRS....which would be in Carlisle...which makes sense as far as getting the job done(since NBR sucks)...but it doesn't make financial sense..since they dumped all that money into NBR's terminal.

I talked to a co-worker last night, and he said there was a rumor about buying the Big R terminal floating around before UPS bought us....so we will just have to wait and see...as with all rumors....they are just rumors until they become reality...or just float away....LOL

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:

I heard we are buying the Big R terminal, and then combining York and Hrs together in Carlisle.

But then again, I also heard they were planning on taking the break bulk away from NBR and putting it back in HRS....which would be in Carlisle...which makes sense as far as getting the job done(since NBR sucks)...but it doesn't make financial sense..since they dumped all that money into NBR's terminal.

I talked to a co-worker last night, and he said there was a rumor about buying the Big R terminal floating around before UPS bought us....so we will just have to wait and see...as with all rumors....they are just rumors until they become reality...or just float away....LOL
Glad to be I heard the same but just to many rumors going around. Ups buys us and all of the sudden they are going to buy every terminal and piece of property available. As far as NBR what terminal was not messed up when they opened. Especially a breakbulk.

Can't believe Big R would ever sell Carlisle, where would you put all that work, although stranger things have happened......:poster_oops:

TheBigR said:
Can't believe Big R would ever sell Carlisle, where would you put all that work, although stranger things have happened......:poster_oops:
Well the rumor is about 50 miles south.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:

I am glad to see you are on the fence now UPSF.

Well, I can't really see it happen. Their big thing is to turn cheshire(107), and would never be able to do it if they moved 50 miles down the road. Some wonder how they turn it now. Of course, the way we waste money on most of these bed jobs now would say that couldn't give a damn any way.

serta said:
Thought there was a rumors link before, but oh well heres a new one.
Anyone here of the Big R looking for a new land/terminal down at the PA/MD border? Also, a carlisle/harrisburg driver told me A UPS guy was touring their facility.

Has anyone else heard that The Big R might be moving Carlisle down the road and building a 700 door facility around exit 15 on 81 that would include Haggerstown?

You know how rumors are :wink1:

Heres one I've been hearing lately, and it struck me odd that a chicago guy heard the same. Rumor is that 120 will be getting a lot of its freight flow back within a year or so.Any one hear this? Also, someone in Akron told one of our guys that ago wasnt happy with the change in the East and that the guy who planned it was out on his butt. Any you boys out there confirm this?

I have heard there is no one in AGO in charge anymore. All is in Overland Park...For lack of better words just peons in AGO now. Just office type work in AGO.