Holland | Rumors

JohnnyRotten

TB Lurker
Credits
:hide: Now ..................Don't shoot the messenger. Just heard a rumor or two yesterday.
1) YRC is looking to close Bestway in '07.
2) PSE is a done deal for Yellow.

Thanks Junior.
This was alledgedly a done deal before the election but for obvious reasons it was kept on the QT.:nutkick:
Now all you "Teamsters" will see how important it is for everyone to Vote!!
What a **** poor turnout.
For those of you that voted for change thanks:1036316054: .
For those of you that voted to keep things the same:duh: why?
For those of you that didn't vote shame on you.
Maybe next election you will remember this one..................NOT!!
What's it gonna take ?...............AHHHHHHHHHH ..... never mind "IT'S a lost cause.

Unfortunately I am still hearing rumors about the fate of the Holland expansion terminals after the 1st of the year. I hope that Tyson J. fights as hard for them after the 2 year agreement is up.

I was at an LTL stop last week & the shipping dock had Roadway & New Penn backed in and Holland & Yellow were waiting for a door.

Well they have opened up two new terminals in PA to give them full coverage in the last couple of months in PA. The 2 being Dubouis and Bedford. I do not see them openning these two up to just close down the NorthEast. Just my thoughts!!

last year when they were to close albany now in same barn as yellow putting the same amount of bills on the street as yellow and twice as many outbound yellows operation compaired to hollands in albany is a joke

last year when they were to close albany now in same barn as yellow putting the same amount of bills on the street as yellow and twice as many outbound yellows operation compaired to hollands in albany is a joke

You and Yellow are supposed to haul different freight (long haul vs short haul). long haul freight market keeps shrinking less being shipped across country. Look on the corporate website at revenue per ton for Rdwy and Yell versus the regional carriers.
http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nsd/yrcw/reports/3Q06_stats.pdf

2631 you don't get it. Having all carriers at the same shippers dock is exactly what they won't. Don't think for a minute that 1 or 2 carriers of YRCW would get all the frt that the 4 you mentioned were picking up. If you've been around any time at all you know how merger frt works. The Bestway rumor is old. These guys are working their rear-ends off trying to make this co survive. As a Holland man in ME I hope they make it. A lot of good men. Like the last post states, the regional group is making a difference. And to all you people who thought Holland would fold like a cheep suit- Happy holiday's. GRIZZ

Now ..................Don't shoot the messenger. Just heard a rumor or two yesterday.
1) YRC is looking to close Bestway in '07.
2) PSE is a done deal for Yellow.

Thanks Junior.
This was alledgedly a done deal before the election but for obvious reasons it was kept on the QT.:nutkick:
Now all you "Teamsters" will see how important it is for everyone to Vote!!
What a **** poor turnout.
For those of you that voted for change thanks:1036316054: .
For those of you that voted to keep things the same:duh: why?
For those of you that didn't vote shame on you.
Maybe next election you will remember this one..................NOT!!
What's it gonna take ?...............AHHHHHHHHHH ..... never mind "IT'S a lost cause.

Oh yea I forgot the rumor #3 UPS Freight will have a white paper contract which will set the table for YRC,UPS,etc. to make conscessional demands in the master freight and UPS's contracts:duh:

Unfortunately I am still hearing rumors about the fate of the Holland expansion terminals after the 1st of the year. I hope that Tyson J. fights as hard for them after the 2 year agreement is up.

I was at an LTL stop last week & the shipping dock had Roadway & New Penn backed in and Holland & Yellow were waiting for a door.

So what are you saying?

You'd rather see one carrier doing all this with one truck?

What about the 3 other drivers and their jobs?

Oh yea I forgot the rumor #3 UPS Freight will have a white paper contract which will set the table for YRC,UPS,etc. to make conscessional demands in the master freight and UPS's contracts:duh:

You'll never see concession in the UPS master in reguards to anything that happens in freight or UPSF.

Different animal all toghter

So what are you saying?

You'd rather see one carrier doing all this with one truck?

What about the 3 other drivers and their jobs?

No!! I would rather see more union carriers on the street. But its not about what I would rather see.

Its about YRC having 4 of its companys making a p/u at the same stop at the same time, sharing the account, servicing the same areas.

The way I see it, PSE is short haul & regional freight. ABF is doing very good with it right now. Once Yellow has their PSE operation up & running it just might have an effect on some of their other companys.

Don't you think that the New Penn & Holland drivers are concerned about Yellow cutting into their business? The same way ABF linehaul drivers were concerned about the PSE cutting into their work. Which it did !!

Like johnnyrotten said....Don't shoot the messenger

Pse

2631 you don't get it. Having all carriers at the same shippers dock is exactly what they won't. Don't think for a minute that 1 or 2 carriers of YRCW would get all the frt that the 4 you mentioned were picking up. If you've been around any time at all you know how merger frt works. The Bestway rumor is old. These guys are working their rear-ends off trying to make this co survive. As a Holland man in ME I hope they make it. A lot of good men. Like the last post states, the regional group is making a difference. And to all you people who thought Holland would fold like a cheep suit- Happy holiday's. GRIZZ

GRIZZ.. I have been around for a long time (too long) and I know a little about partnerships & synergy. I'm not sure what you mean by merger frt.

My comment about the 4 YRC trucks at 1 LTL p/u was aimed at Yellow's upcoming PSE operation. # 2 on johnnyrotten's post

I hope that you are right about YRC wanting their companys to compete for the same business.

And I do hope that the Holland & New Penn drivers are not hurt by Yellow's PSE operation. Most of the bottom New Penn Teamsters & just about all of the Holland expansion Teamsters are former Red Star men. And I would hate to see them have to start over again at Yellow for 75%.

GRIZZ.. My comment about the 4 YRC trucks at 1 LTL p/u was aimed at Yellow's upcoming PSE operation. # 2 on johnnyrotten's post

I see your concern over the PSE operation. The one thing that Holland and New Penn have going for them is their service and the how long they have been doing this. Correct me if I am wrong but the PSE drivers are not to go over 200 miles away correct?

If that is the case, they would have a hard time trying to service a 500-600 mile run next day. Holland does this day in and day out next day. And most likely New Penn does to. As long as we keep our standards up they will not be able to compete with this.

Besides that there is always non-union companies trying to get our buss. and we are still here.

GRIZZ.. My comment about the 4 YRC trucks at 1 LTL p/u was aimed at Yellow's upcoming PSE operation. # 2 on johnnyrotten's post

I see your concern over the PSE operation. The one thing that Holland and New Penn have going for them is their service and the how long they have been doing this. Correct me if I am wrong but the PSE drivers are not to go over 200 miles away correct?

If that is the case, they would have a hard time trying to service a 500-600 mile run next day. Holland does this day in and day out next day. And most likely New Penn does to. As long as we keep our standards up they will not be able to compete with this.

Besides that there is always non-union companies trying to get our buss. and we are still here.

Hey JJ, we agree on this one.

Hold Tyson J.'s, Ken H.'s, and Jim H.'s Feet To The Fire!

:USA: O.K. the election is over, and Jim H. has won again! Now let's hold his feet to the fire along with Ken H. (the "early" UPS negotiations), Tyson J. (the UPS Freight one terminal dog and pony show in Indianapolis), and make sure that NO DEALS are made with UPS or YRC or ABF!

Even though only 2 out of 10 of us Teamster members voted, we still have to rally 100% of the members covered under the UPS and Freight contracts, and get as much rank and file involvement in the negotiations as we can! Let's make sure that Jim H, Ken H, and Tyson J. do not think we are going to roll over and die when they offer us the next "best contract ever" in the UPS and Freight Contracts!

We need to show the CEOs of UPS, YRC, and ABF that we will all stick together when it comes to voting down bad contract offers with concessions and deals. Let's move ahead now and keep our core Teamster crafts in Freight and Small Package STRONG!