TForce | rumour about Averitt purchase

I've heard alot of rumors lately. It's probably true that U.P.S. wants to buy someone else but I would think that they would get through this transition first. just an opinion.

stldude44 said:
Is Averitt considered a large Company?

Averitt is a very large company and very respected in the southeast.. thats the kicker though, wouldn't UPS want to purchase a nationwide carrier?

southerngrits said:
Averitt is a very large company and very respected in the southeast.. thats the kicker though, wouldn't UPS want to purchase a nationwide carrier?
Well, atleast now I know they are a large company. Thanks, But as far as trying to figure out UPS strategy any thing could be possible.

southerngrits said:
SG,
I'm aware of who Averitt is. I think they're considered a small regional carrier in comparison to some of the others though.

Just on the road alone I heard Estes,OD,Conway, and before FedEx bought them, Watkins.

We'll just have to wait and see, maybe the major acquisition will be over seas.

UPS will purchase something Green.
It will have Yellow letters
It will already have a labor agreement
It will be the perfect fit for this company
It will be UPS having a piece of the Household moving business.
It will be UPS having a piece of the Portable Storgae business.

Averitt is pimple compared what their next purchuse will be.

Remember you heard it here first, and T251 said it.

Teamster251 said:
UPS will purchase something Green.
It will have Yellow letters
It will already have a labor agreement
It will be the perfect fit for this company
It will be UPS having a piece of the Household moving business.
It will be UPS having a piece of the Portable Storgae business.

Averitt is pimple compared what their next purchuse will be.

Remember you heard it here first, and T251 said it.
UPSF aka. Overnite does household moving and it also has portable storage units.

gater said:
UPSF aka. Overnite does household moving and it also has portable storage units.

I feel it just mite be several different regional carriers to fill the spaces we do not currently run direct!

IT might have the letters A.B.F.in it!Nation wide.Green.Portable storge units.Already union.And very profitable too!

Heard from the superdog on the dock in SLC that a carrier that covers wyoming and Montana is being used to see how they do, possible purchase. MME or NPT both regional just not sure which one they are using.