TForce | rumour about Averitt purchase

wassesname said:
...PENSKI...but lets tell DY its U-Haul.
Did you have to say that? Now every time I come up on a U-haul trailer Im going to think of DY, Just hope no one sees me laughing my but off all by my self!

wassesname said:
...PENSKI...but lets tell DY its U-Haul.

Didnt UPS have a leasing operation here not too long ago. Rented tractor/trailers? If I remember right they were tan in color?

Mike01 said:
Didnt UPS have a leasing operation here not too long ago. Rented tractor/trailers? If I remember right they were tan in color?
I remember seeing UPS Rental trailers.....can't say I've seen any in some time though.

Mike01 said:

I've seen them before Mike. You're right, they were light tan in color and said UPS Leasing on the side

Canadian Purchase?

I really can't see them buying anyone in the states. As for MT, ND, SD and WY it's just a matter of months before we open up there. ABF is part of the NMFA. When we get our contract, we will neither be NMFA or Parcel. Our contract will be excusively written for our operation. I see them buying out a Canadian outfit. Possibly a Mexican one too. Just depends on if the price is right. Remember global domination starts at home.

greezy trucker said:
Heard from the superdog on the dock in SLC that a carrier that covers wyoming and Montana is being used to see how they do, possible purchase. MME or NPT both regional just not sure which one they are using.
HEY! Maybe they'll let us transfer!? Found a great place in Pointer, Wy. I'd like to live while on the motorcycle trip!

BusterNite said:
Did you have to say that? Now every time I come up on a U-haul trailer Im going to think of DY, Just hope no one sees me laughing my but off all by my self!

Email me when it happen's and I'll laugh with you!!!.

Maybe if thry buy averitt they can move their management in and get rid of the "O" morons that seem so intent on screwing up what can be a very good thing for us if run right.

hugnlug said:
I really can't see them buying anyone in the states. As for MT, ND, SD and WY it's just a matter of months before we open up there. ABF is part of the NMFA. When we get our contract, we will neither be NMFA or Parcel. Our contract will be excusively written for our operation. I see them buying out a Canadian outfit. Possibly a Mexican one too. Just depends on if the price is right. Remember global domination starts at home.
That I could agree on. Canada is a logical choice, and the most profitable.

CFer said:
I've seen them before Mike. You're right, they were light tan in color and said UPS Leasing on the side
Yes, UPS did and even trade with another company. Traded there leasing operations for there Logistics operations straight up. I just cant remember who the company was.:wacko:

krash said:
Yes, UPS did and even trade with another company. Traded there leasing operations for there Logistics operations straight up. I just cant remember who the company was.:wacko:

Do you remember when that was, Krash?

UPS Leasing didnt seem to be around long, if I remember right

Mike01 said:
Do you remember when that was, Krash?

UPS Leasing didnt seem to be around long, if I remember right
Rollins Truck Leasing Corp. is a leasing company that provides full-service truck leasing and rentals and the provision and management of transportation and logistics systems. The company operates through its principal subsidiaries, Rollins Leasing Corp. and Rollins Logistics Inc. Full-service leasing accounts for the major portion of the company's revenues and under these leases, Rollins purchases vehicles and components that are custom-engineered to the customer's requirements. This equipment is then leased to the customer for periods usually ranging from three to eight years. Other services provided by the company are logistics services, dedicated carriage service and a guaranteed maintenance service to private fleet customers. In fiscal 2000, the company acquired the net assets and business of Keen Leasing, Inc and UPS Truck Leasing.

Mike01 said:
Thanks Krash
No problem brother.
Also found this on the UPS site

The non-recurring items included two material pre-tax gains reported by the UPS Strategic Enterprise Fund totaling a combined US$241 million. Two of the start-up companies in which the Fund invested were acquired by other, larger firms. UPS also reported a one-time pre-tax gain of US$49 million from the sale of its UPS Truck Leasing unit to Rollins Truck Leasing Corp. Those gains were offset slightly by a one-time, US$59 million pre-tax charge covering the cost of creating 4,000 new full-time hourly jobs in the United States. The net impact of the pre-tax gains and charge was a non-recurring increase in net income of US$139 million.

Guess I was wrong about them trading straight up