Central Transport | Running on Empty

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
If we don't survive in 2013. How do you think it will play out? Will the company come to us and say we must take a pay cut? Will they start the 2 week pay period? Will they cut out all overtime? Will they down size and lay off? Will they mess with vacations and personal days? Will they try to balance the budget on our backs? Or will they simply close the doors on the U.S. and walk away?

judging by the delay in vac forms, i imagine they're adjusting that towards their advantage. i bet they eliminate 4 weeks of vac, bump 3 weeks of vac from 8 yrs to 10, and space the time you can take it so theirs not a massive vac request in the 1st qtr of the year ( they want people hear working, not paying them while they're not here making the company money. they don't have enough people here to do the tasks at hand and nobody wants to apply here either ). i think the non profitable terminals will be closed. i think all of that will be done in the 1st qtr. then a two week pay period will prob be a next step, then a wage concession. keylon prob recorded all the videos before his xmas vacation. by the way, i heard he was building a brand new house on a golf course, must be nice.

i personally think they won't last this year. like i said previously, maybe they can payoff the canadian loan they had and shutdown the u.s., but maybe their too far in debt to do that.

judging by the delay in vac forms, i imagine they're adjusting that towards their advantage. i bet they eliminate 4 weeks of vac, bump 3 weeks of vac from 8 yrs to 10, and space the time you can take it so theirs not a massive vac request in the 1st qtr of the year ( they want people hear working, not paying them while they're not here making the company money. they don't have enough people here to do the tasks at hand and nobody wants to apply here either ). i think the non profitable terminals will be closed. i think all of that will be done in the 1st qtr. then a two week pay period will prob be a next step, then a wage concession. keylon prob recorded all the videos before his xmas vacation. by the way, i heard he was building a brand new house on a golf course, must be nice.
I just wish I knew for sure they are not going to make it...I hate starting over at the bottom. But if I knew I would jump ship ASAP...And not wait around until the market gets flooded

I think what would really **** me off is that if i quit and start over at the bottom somewhere else, and for some reason they turn this thing around...Then all the time I spent here will have been in vain.

you have to ask yourself. what has improved since chris keylon took over? it's kinda like betting on your favorite football team, you don't look at it rationally when placing your bet. if there's anything decent, you may want to consider it.

you have to ask yourself. what has improved since chris keylon took over? it's kinda like betting on your favorite football team, you don't look at it rationally when placing your bet. if there's anything decent, you may want to consider it.
So when freight picks up in the spring and summer and we are still in the red...I should jump....Well then, If we are in the black should that make a difference

i really think it will be the same for a long time, if not worse. damage at an all time high, missed pickups, late deliveries, lost freight, customer leaving us. i don't see anyway this is going to turn around. i've been here for over 10 yrs and this is the worse i've ever seen it. i think it got worse since keylon took over.

i really think it will be the same for a long time, if not worse. damage at an all time high, missed pickups, late deliveries, lost freight, customer leaving us. i don't see anyway this is going to turn around. i've been here for over 10 yrs and this is the worse i've ever seen it. i think it got worse since keylon took over.
I understand all that...But you have invested alot of time here too...I think sometimes we should just ride it out...And see where it goes...Common sense tells me to jump in the summer and not wait until the winter when they most likely would shut it down. And no other LTL companies would be hiring..Its the not knowing that concerns me. Nothing for Nothing equals Nothing is one way of looking at it...That its just a matter of time..But at the same time its like jumping off a horse in the middle of a stream...It can get you wet and cold.

I understand all that...But you have invested alot of time here too...I think sometimes we should just ride it out...And see where it goes...Common sense tells me to jump in the summer and not wait until the winter when they most likely would shut it down. And no other LTL companies would be hiring..Its the not knowing that concerns me. Nothing for Nothing equals Nothing is one way of looking at it...That its just a matter of time..But at the same time its like jumping off a horse in the middle of a stream...It can get you wet and cold.
if you can survive on unemployment, that's your best bet. if not.....plan b.

I understand all that...But you have invested alot of time here too...I think sometimes we should just ride it out...And see where it goes...Common sense tells me to jump in the summer and not wait until the winter when they most likely would shut it down. And no other LTL companies would be hiring..Its the not knowing that concerns me.

Hey runawaytrain, hate to tell you but "had enough" is thinking with a clear head while you are still betting on your favorite crappy losing football team that has not won jack $HIT in years. With a recent cash infusion things are good for around 6 months unless the freight falloff (damages,shortages,cross deliveries,transit delays etc) continues to accelerate and erode revenues at a faster pace. They will close the west coast including AZ,CO and NV ( except for Logistics division). They will then implement 15% pay cut for all salaried folks, hourly not to be affected as they cannot afford to lose more drivers, dock or customer service folks. Not enough folks get 4 weeks vacation so they won't cut that as it won't save much money and would symbolically look bad. This still will not save enough coin, I predict a U.S. closure by end of 3rd Q if not sooner. Canada and Logistics make a little bit of money but cannot support the Big Hungry Sister down south.

i don't like the thought of taking a paycut and starting at the bottom somewhere, but i'll probably be a happier person like i once was and that's priceless. if you read alot of the other ltl forums and then read ours, it just shows how pathetic our company is. lol.

well had enough. I have jumped ship after 5 years, I went from #7 out of #34 in the city, to #44 off #44 in the city, from a 6:30am start to a 3:00pm start, and I worked the dock 10 out of 12 hours a day now. I took a $4 pay cut per hour for now. but the big difference between where I was at vitran and where I am now.... is that in 3years of service I will be making $8 an hr more then what I was making at vitran after 5years....... If after the 5 years at vitran I was making top pay and not 1st yr pay I would have never left, I would have had my bills paid my vacations at a "resort" instead of in my basement messing around with saws and etc.... I jumped ship becuz there were alot of more quilified drivers at vitran then me, so if the ship sunk and we all went looking for work, I had a feeling I would have been left running the road for a swift or jb hunt for a while, I seen my chance, talked to the family and then took it! my work hours r not the greatest, but I am not that miserable man I was for the last 3yrs I was with the "flying V". it will take me longer at ups freight to get a early start time, probley 10yrs long, but like I said, I work for the money$$$$$. it doesnt matter what time I go in to work, as long as they pay me what they say they were going to. getting a early start time is a perk, making the kash is the goal........

Hey runawaytrain, hate to tell you but "had enough" is thinking with a clear head while you are still betting on your favorite crappy losing football team that has not won jack $HIT in years. With a recent cash infusion things are good for around 6 months unless the freight falloff (damages,shortages,cross deliveries,transit delays etc) continues to accelerate and erode revenues at a faster pace. They will close the west coast including AZ,CO and NV ( except for Logistics division). They will then implement 15% pay cut for all salaried folks, hourly not to be affected as they cannot afford to lose more drivers, dock or customer service folks. Not enough folks get 4 weeks vacation so they won't cut that as it won't save much money and would symbolically look bad. This still will not save enough coin, I predict a U.S. closure by end of 3rd Q if not sooner. Canada and Logistics make a little bit of money but cannot support the Big Hungry Sister down south.
You and H>E are most likely correct about Vitran...Im just trying to gain a better perspective on when to leave. But if you are refering I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan you have lost your mind...I have always been a Houston Texan Fan however.....Not that they will go far....But thats my team win or lose...Shame on you...I can't stand the Cowboys...

i don't like the thought of taking a paycut and starting at the bottom somewhere, but i'll probably be a happier person like i once was and that's priceless. if you read alot of the other ltl forums and then read ours, it just shows how pathetic our company is. lol.
I know how pathetic we are H.E. But I not sure where you stand...$$ left....Do you plan on jumping ship before they sink? And if so.....When?

You and H>E are most likely correct about Vitran...Im just trying to gain a better perspective on when to leave. But if you are refering I'm a Dallas Cowboy fan you have lost your mind...I have always been a Houston Texan Fan however.....Not that they will go far....But thats my team win or lose...Shame on you...I can't stand the Cowboys...
just using football as an analogy, not referencing to your team choice.

I know how pathetic we are H.E. But I not sure where you stand...$$ left....Do you plan on jumping ship before they sink? And if so.....When?
business does'nt pick up until mar-apr and i want to review our revised vac schedule as well. i want to be able to take a vac and either burn the rest up or get paid for it when i leave. will check into the limits of small claims court and get it down enough to take them there if need be. that should be enough time to see what's happening with this company. if this place folds, it will be hard to get a driving job in the close vicinity, so i would like to get a jump on it.

Ride it out or you might be sorry you left.
The very reason why I have mixed feeling about leaving...So many different opinions. Not knowing whether we can weather this storm.. Its all speculation...I think I'm just gonna ride it out....And when the wheels fall off...I will then know....Its time to move on. Buckeye T..........I think I know you.

business does'nt pick up until mar-apr and i want to review our revised vac schedule as well. i want to be able to take a vac and either burn the rest up or get paid for it when i leave. will check into the limits of small claims court and get it down enough to take them there if need be. that should be enough time to see what's happening with this company. if this place folds, it will be hard to get a driving job in the close vicinity, so i would like to get a jump on it.
I cant seem to get a direct anwser from you ....So let me put it this way...If this company starts making a profit....And starts looking very positive in most aspects and creates a better working environment, would you stay? Are there any conditions on which you would stay?