Central Transport | Running on Empty

Cannot run and hub and spoke and not adhere to cut times. Needs to be a blending of hub and spoke with kick and pick/ direct loads and meet and turns. Too many miles between terminals out east to run efficient hub and spoke and get next day to match competitors.

Your exactly right. Our L/H drivers do several meets in PA, and we have to wait for hours for our relay driver to show up. It's not uncommon to wait until 4 and 6am for your relay driver to show up. This happens every night. You should be on your way back to your home domicile at that hour so the freight can be broke down for delivery. There is NO reason linehaul dept. can't coordinate these meets better. This isn't their first rodeo. How are you going to service the customer when it takes us 3 days to get their freight and other LTL's can do it in 2 days sometimes less. A lot of the other LTL companies meet at the same locations as us, and their relay drivers are there within a 1/2 hr to an hour and they get switched out. The company knows all of this, but refuses to make things more efficient.

Your exactly right. Our L/H drivers do several meets in PA, and we have to wait for hours for our relay driver to show up. It's not uncommon to wait until 4 and 6am for your relay driver to show up. This happens every night. You should be on your way back to your home domicile at that hour so the freight can be broke down for delivery. There is NO reason linehaul dept. can't coordinate these meets better. This isn't their first rodeo. How are you going to service the customer when it takes us 3 days to get their freight and other LTL's can do it in 2 days sometimes less. A lot of the other LTL companies meet at the same locations as us, and their relay drivers are there within a 1/2 hr to an hour and they get switched out. The company knows all of this, but refuses to make things more efficient.
Exactly why we are RUNNING ON EMPTY....Poor management....Exactly why we are a RUNAWAYTRAIN....Chasing Greatness Still???? Greatness is more than potential..It is the execution of that potential..Beyond the raw talent..You need the appropriate training..You need discipline..You need inspiration..You need drive..The price of greatness is responsibility..The secret of greatness is simple, do better work than any man in your field..And keep doing it...Have we seen this from CK...I think not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am gonna go to work in the am and hope my key still fits.When it no longer fits, THEN I will worry. It is easy to get caught up in all of this drama and even add to it and inflame it, but why worry and fret over something we (as the little people) have no control over? The only control we have, is that of our own job performance. We can continue to set a good example and to persuade better efficiency among our co-workers, and maybe even offer new ideas to mgmt., and that's all we can do. It is very easy to say things like Vitran was already a sinking ship before they purchased Milan. Or look at all of those mgmt. people fleeing for the hills! I am not saying that we all should put blinders on and bury our heads in the sand. We should communicate with each other as to what is happening at our individual centers. It IS a good thing that we have TRUCKERBOARDS to turn to. I am saying that we shouldnt let what we find out on here influence our job performance. We should give 100% everyday as long as we are here. If the flying "V" comes to an end, at least YOU will know it was not because you slacked off any.

I am gonna go to work in the am and hope my key still fits.When it no longer fits, THEN I will worry. It is easy to get caught up in all of this drama and even add to it and inflame it, but why worry and fret over something we (as the little people) have no control over? The only control we have, is that of our own job performance. We can continue to set a good example and to persuade better efficiency among our co-workers, and maybe even offer new ideas to mgmt., and that's all we can do. It is very easy to say things like Vitran was already a sinking ship before they purchased Milan. Or look at all of those mgmt. people fleeing for the hills! I am not saying that we all should put blinders on and bury our heads in the sand. We should communicate with each other as to what is happening at our individual centers. It IS a good thing that we have TRUCKERBOARDS to turn to. I am saying that we shouldnt let what we find out on here influence our job performance. We should give 100% everyday as long as we are here. If the flying "V" comes to an end, at least YOU will know it was not because you slacked off any.
I always like to hear people be a little positive in the mist of all the negative...But it seems everytime I try it I get a beatdown...So I kinda just go with the flow...We are all in this together...Lets just hope for the best and see what happens

something i try to do every day is look myself in the mirror and say did you do your best with what you have been given to work with 90% of the time i can anwser yes. it get's my blood boiling when i'm set up to fail at the start of my day and i try to over come the speed bumps that have been put infront of me. it happens to often. but at this company i made the decision to see this threw till the end. i have tried to communicate with mang. and was asked was i thinking again door slammed in the face. people you work with have to meet you half way in order to communicate with them.the only thing that i can say that influance's my job performance is being set up to fail by not being given the things that i need to do my job.like equipment that work's or the right equipment.nothing on this site will influance my job performance. but it gives me a way to vent and then i know i'm not the only one who is thinking this way.i get more anwsers to questions from here than i do at my terminal. i think reaility check is in order for those who refuse to see what is going on.what ever happens with this company if it falls or it rises out of the ashes i will be here until they lock the gate doing the same work i do everyday trying to be the best i can with the crap i'm given to work with and will hold on to hope that it will all work out. but the truth is it is not looking good.

something i try to do every day is look myself in the mirror and say did you do your best with what you have been given to work with 90% of the time i can anwser yes. it get's my blood boiling when i'm set up to fail at the start of my day and i try to over come the speed bumps that have been put infront of me. it happens to often. but at this company i made the decision to see this threw till the end. i have tried to communicate with mang. and was asked was i thinking again door slammed in the face. people you work with have to meet you half way in order to communicate with them.the only thing that i can say that influance's my job performance is being set up to fail by not being given the things that i need to do my job.like equipment that work's or the right equipment.nothing on this site will influance my job performance. but it gives me a way to vent and then i know i'm not the only one who is thinking this way.i get more anwsers to questions from here than i do at my terminal. i think reaility check is in order for those who refuse to see what is going on.what ever happens with this company if it falls or it rises out of the ashes i will be here until they lock the gate doing the same work i do everyday trying to be the best i can with the crap i'm given to work with and will hold on to hope that it will all work out. but the truth is it is not looking good.
Brother if you have ever read any of my post over the last months you would know that has always been one of my common themes...Just do the best you can and let the chips fall where they may.