Rye,NY.A Budget Rental Box Truck got stuck under a train bridge.

When renting a truck it would be a good idea to check out the height of said vehicle.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/08/31/rye-truck-stuck/
Guessing by the looks of the driver in the picture, he may have rented the truck to move personal items and did not need a cdl to drive the truck. Another words, had no clue. You would think rental company would at least mention this to people with no experience driving a high vehicle, but then companies turning people loose with 13'6 trailers apparently do not either.

Guessing by the looks of the driver in the picture, he may have rented the truck to move personal items and did not need a cdl to drive the truck. Another words, had no clue. You would think rental company would at least mention this to people with no experience driving a high vehicle, but then companies turning people loose with 13'6 trailers apparently do not either.
I rented trucks twice to move myself. They have a huge sticker on the dash telling the clearance height.

I am guessing the difference is you do not dress like the guy in the picture???

Correct Sir. But, you're right, they don't tell you anything when you rent. All the week end warriors in the U-hauls, Budget , Penske, National etc. are like lost Sheep (poor choice). You see them wrecked all the time, nobody seems to care.

The only positive with these Bridge hits is no one is injured or killed, just embarrassed a little.

Correct Sir. But, you're right, they don't tell you anything when you rent. All the week end warriors in the U-hauls, Budget , Penske, National etc. are like lost Sheep (poor choice). You see them wrecked all the time, nobody seems to care.

The only positive with these Bridge hits is no one is injured or killed, just embarrassed a little.
You had to go and use the "s" word, didn't you!!!!