Central Transport | Sabotage or Incompetence?

As i said before.....they DONT have to provide employment verification...thats different then supplying your driving record. Also, they can refer driving records request to the DOT if they want to play hardball. As long as the proper paperwork is filled out and submitted to the DOT, no Federal law has been broke.
That's why I say be prepared for them to draw their feet because that's the way they do business in everything they do. Whether its paying claims or repairing equipment they are the poster child of inefficiency. They know you are looking to leave when they start getting those forms and perhaps are hoping you may change your mind. They will skirt the law as long as they can but will eventually comply. When you get the job then give your notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vitran doesn't have to respond to employment verification requests....no employer does. That being said, most do reply sooner than later. I also doubt very much that the head of HR is the person that handle employee verifications.....she is too busy trying to track down the people that are leaking company secrets on this site.
I assume your referring to my post, so I'll respond....NO, the "head" of HR isn't doing verifications but, they DO set the policy. If she says verifications go to the bottom of the pile...they go to the bottom of the pile

As i said before.....they DONT have to provide employment verification...thats different then supplying your driving record. Also, they can refer driving records request to the DOT if they want to play hardball. As long as the proper paperwork is filled out and submitted to the DOT, no Federal law has been broke.

they do have to acknowledge your employment per FMCSA rules in order to qualify you have given them the proper years of employment to do the required background check. some employers go even further, mine wanted 10 years of everything i did, had to supply 1099 forms from when i was self employed from 7 years ago (with income blanked out of course) my old DUNS number, ect ect ect.

Is Vitran closing terminals in California in August? I heard it from another driver. If untrue and a vicious rumor I apologize in advance...

Is Vitran closing terminals in California in August? I heard it from another driver. If untrue and a vicious rumor I apologize in advance...

already in process per company newsletter......everything west of KC will be closed or agent owned, no more company personal or equipment

Read "West Coast Closing Terminals" thread. It's a done deal. There is a thread started by "DanielBoone" too.

Ask the new job if you can just provide W-2's for employment verification...and there's a form you can sign saying you do/did work there. It's the same thing they have you sign if a former employer has gone out of business, and isn't available to confirm.
You should also always keep that copy of the drug test "control form" whenever you take one...they can go by that for the drug test
The DOT only requires a company to respond within 30 days, if they do not the company can allow you to work if they show proof that they sent the requests. A company is allowed to have you drive for them without the actual result, but obviously it is beeter to have the results. The control form only prooves that you went for the test, not that you passed it.

The DOT only requires a company to respond within 30 days, if they do not the company can allow you to work if they show proof that they sent the requests. A company is allowed to have you drive for them without the actual result, but obviously it is beeter to have the results. The control form only prooves that you went for the test, not that you passed it.

correct,,,, all in good faith of trying,,,,,however, the company i went to work for had to have all paperwork for 10 years, if anyone did not respond, i could not have the job,,,,,company policy comes into play, and depends on where he went, they may not keep him without ALL records being sent back

Great, y'all are worrying me now. My local DSS office needs a verification of termination of employment from Payroll by this Friday (found out last Friday, faxed it in to Payroll immediately), or we will be denied our EBT benefits. Guess I'd better go clip some coupons so we don't go hungry...

FINALLY!!! Response to previous alcohol and drug tests received. Road test tomorrow...wish me luck guys!!!
Good luck.....But be careful, don't go get wasted by too much celebration. If you get it I will drink a shot of Crown for you.....Its a win..win..

Good luck.....But be careful, don't go get wasted by too much celebration. If you get it I will drink a shot of Crown for you.....Its a win..win..

Don't worry man, I've done enough drinking the last few days to last me quite awhile. I actually sobered up when I got the good news, LOL!