Sad Day For Oak Harbor Ptld

Although it would be nice to trust your employer with your retirement and pension, it's not always a good choice. They're in the business to make money. I'm still young but I have Roth IRA's. Yeah, they're trying to make money too but at least that's all they do is invest your money.

Although it would be nice to trust your employer with your retirement and pension, it's not always a good choice. They're in the business to make money. I'm still young but I have Roth IRA's. Yeah, they're trying to make money too but at least that's all they do is invest your money.

That's true.The days of going to work for an employer for 30years then retiring are over.They continually ask for more and give nothing in return except empty promises.If I had a dollar for every promise that they gave Hell! i'd be retired by now.It sounds like your smart enough to know not to put all your retirement eggs in one basket and spread out your investments(I do the same)What's going on at OHFL right now isn't about "choices" It's about their lack of accountability within their management structure and sales force.

What an ***

Dishonest, like lying to you employees telling them that this new system will offer anywhere near the security and quality of care and retirement they are receiving now? When it comes to someones livelihood, and the heath of their family, rules and laws become secondary to pure emotion. I have no problem breaking a law, or being dishonest, if it were incremental in saving the heath care and retirements of hundreds of my Teamster brothers, I would do it gladly.

You have revieled what you are - a sellout hiding behind the reflection of an immage of what a real Teamster is. You are one of the lowest forms of life and anyone that would follow you into your lie does so at their own knowing risk. Once you admit to being a lier nothing you say from then on has any worth whtsoever.

You have revieled what you are - a sellout hiding behind the reflection of an immage of what a real Teamster is. You are one of the lowest forms of life and anyone that would follow you into your lie does so at their own knowing risk. Once you admit to being a lier nothing you say from then on has any worth whtsoever.

You have revealed what you are; someone who doesn't know , thats why you resort to making personal attack,s rather than state your intentions and opinions. It doesn't matter if I am the biggest loser in the whole world, or the most stand up brother anyone has ever met. What is at hand here is the livelihood of our Oak Harbor brothers this company will take and take until there is nothing left. My personal accountability here is zero, I don't work at OHFL and I don't represent them in any capacity.

Do you think concessions are the answer? Do you think if you give them this they won't come around next time wanting more? Since you are the "real Teamster" here, and I am a "sellout hiding behind the reflection of an image of what a real Teamster is" maybe you enlighten us all as to what gives you the right to judge me? Do you really think all labor agreements were won above the board? Maybe your just a a who is afraid to stand up, probably be running across the strike line the second it is setup. Or maybe you are management trying to tell a Teamster what a Teamster is, lol. I was there at the meeting today with all the other "sellout Teamsters" where were you?

To the guys that say it all about coming together with the company, that its a give and take, its not, it has been a take and take for too long, time for OHFL to give.

Once a lie is revealed it cna never be trusted

Well ST, once a person, no mater who, has told the world they are a liar from that point on they can never be trusted. You say you are not OH. Then what is it to you? Advice from a liar is always bad advice. I think an exposed liar is the most likely person to be a management plant hoping to fake true hard working OH employees into a strike so the contract can be void and the drivers replaced.

Liars with there own agenda are much more dangerous than taking a look at what is offered to our Union leaders. As I know it the meetings with the CO have resulted in some agreements – yet lairs are talking b*ll s**t.

Well ST, once a person, no mater who, has told the world they are a liar from that point on they can never be trusted. You say you are not OH. Then what is it to you? Advice from a liar is always bad advice. I think an exposed liar is the most likely person to be a management plant hoping to fake true hard working OH employees into a strike so the contract can be void and the drivers replaced.

Liars with there own agenda are much more dangerous than taking a look at what is offered to our Union leaders. As I know it the meetings with the CO have resulted in some agreements – yet lairs are talking b*ll s**t.

I have been a member of these boards for quite some time, I don't see you adding any kind of substance here, OK you caught me I am liar, but I would ask you where I have professed to being a saint on these boards? Anyone who has taken the time read these threads knows I have a biased opinion, I was taken advantage of, and I feel they played off my naivety to scare me into continuing to work there. I also feel the representation for Oak Harbor members at local 741/174 was poor to say the least, criminal at the worst.

I remember just shuddering at the thought of going to work and being afraid to get sick not because being sick was unhealthy but because I didn't want to have to call in. Seriously working there I was a nervous wreck, and now I don't even mind going to work I like my job. Maybe it was just me, maybe they picked on me more than others,
I don't know, but, for me as a young adult working for this company was a miserable experience that still plagues me to this day (4 years Oak Harbor free now) thats why I post here thats why a lie doesn't bother me one bit, they need to treat all their people fairly, they need to stop hiring under qualified and potentially mental unstable managers just because they go to the same church, or are related in some way or whatever. It is for good reason good companies hire people with educated backgrounds to fill their supervisory positions.

What?

Ed Vander Pol is a good man and a good Christian regardless of the muck you throw at him or how bad you paint him to be. He is not screwing anyone over.!!!

Because I am new here I just started looking at past posts:hysterical: Drunkinjoe drank the coolaid, I wonder if he still believes he is a good christian now?:TR10driving03:

What happened to all the $cabs what were posting before you guy's went on strike. they were talking a big game did there $cab check bounce so they cant afford the internet anymore

Didn't you see what that mean guy the Cowboy did to the teamsters?

He replaced them all and they aren't coming back. Where you been? Cowboy did what he threatened to do if we walked out! Man he had guys here and all over in 1 day and now they have our jobs.

Please don't aggrevate the Cowboy or else he might send the Security out to beat us up!

What happened to all the $cabs what were posting before you guy's went on strike. they were talking a big game did there $cab check bounce so they cant afford the internet anymore

I could have sworn most of them were logging on from Oakh owned IP addresses. "fair and balanced" and "Dipstick" were definitly the same person. They swore they were being censored because a post about the desertification of Frito Lay was move to the Union/Non-Union debate forum even though it was linked to these forums as well..

Sad Day

It is indeed a sad day when the union, looking to preserve their power, pushed hundreds of hard working people out of their jobs. Especially during the worst economic times in a generation.

The fact of the matter is that healthcare costs have increased exponentially in the past few years. The company did not cause healthcare costs to spiral out of control.

What's the answer to spiraling healthcare costs? I'm not smart enough to answer, but I know one small company cannot be held solely responsible. Sacrifice will be required on both sides.

It is indeed a sad day when the union, looking to preserve their power, pushed hundreds of hard working people out of their jobs. Especially during the worst economic times in a generation.

The fact of the matter is that healthcare costs have increased exponentially in the past few years. The company did not cause healthcare costs to spiral out of control.

What's the answer to spiraling healthcare costs? I'm not smart enough to answer, but I know one small company cannot be held solely responsible. Sacrifice will be required on both sides.

Sacrafice is one thing, but brow beating, underhanded tactics are another. Also, if the issue is cost why wouldn't the brilliant VP's at least look and the plan the union proposed which would cost them less? My guess is because they do not want the union there in any way, shape or form.

It's a really sad day when a company is charged with UNFAIR LABOR CHARGES and the NLRB feels they have enough merit to make the owners of the small company appear in court to explain themselves.
It's also sad when a cheaper union insurance plan is offered to a small company and they turn it down despite potential savings.
It's a good thing when the union takes a company on when most likely the small company was out for one purpose. To eliminate the union that has represented us so well in the past. Maybe the surface bargaining charge will stick too.
Of course we know this small company couldn't possibly be Oak Harbor . Or could it?

It's a really sad day when a company is charged with UNFAIR LABOR CHARGES and the NLRB feels they have enough merit to make the owners of the small company appear in court to explain themselves.
It's also sad when a cheaper union insurance plan is offered to a small company and they turn it down despite potential savings.
It's a good thing when the union takes a company on when most likely the small company was out for one purpose. To eliminate the union that has represented us so well in the past. Maybe the surface bargaining charge will stick too.
Of course we know this small company couldn't possibly be Oak Harbor . Or could it?

Here again, I spent sometime on the NLRB website checking into what they had on file. Going back to 1990, when I assume the NLRB started there data base on line. I checked no less than 40 cases, all by the way, were based on the same types of accusations. And you know what the findings have been, "No action, Withdrawn, No merit, even one of the last to be closed, case #19-CA-31468-001, No complaint issued and was closed on 11/26/08. Lets just keep throwing things at the wall until something sticks. All of the open files have the same complaints, and my guess is, They will end the same way, "Closed, no action taken" Good luck, If and when you take the company down I hope you have no problem finding a job. Oh thats right you have the Union on your side to find you a new one, The line will probably start right behind YRC.

Here again, I spent sometime on the NLRB website checking into what they had on file. Going back to 1990, when I assume the NLRB started there data base on line. I checked no less than 40 cases, all by the way, were based on the same types of accusations. And you know what the findings have been, "No action, Withdrawn, No merit, even one of the last to be closed, case #19-CA-31468-001, No complaint issued and was closed on 11/26/08.

"The Labor Board has found that our Unfair Labor Practice Charges against Oak Harbor Freight Lines have merit. John Payne (OHFL lawyer) has just received news of this today. In the absence of a settlement, the National Labor Relations Board, Region 19 will issue a Complaint and take Oak Harbor to trial on the following charges".

This might be different, can you imagine Dave, Ed and other upper management under oath on trial?
How far are they willing to take thier lies and what are they willing to lose.
The damage currently happening to Oak Harbor is self inflicted.

.................:TR10driving03:

You have to break the new''s to 8ball slow. He cant take it in all at once cant you tell he's either management or a $cab. As far as YRC going down does that mean FEDX is going down to . They have to take a pay cut how about con-way they closed 40 service center's and laid off 10% and there both non union.