Sad Day For Oak Harbor Ptld

You have to break the new''s to 8ball slow. He cant take it in all at once cant you tell he's either management or a $cab. As far as YRC going down does that mean FEDX is going down to . They have to take a pay cut how about con-way they closed 40 service center's and laid off 10% and there both non union.

The trucking industry is in the toilet. We all know that. But why would a company purposely chase off customers when everyone is fighting to keep what they got. Ed & Dave are really VANDERFOOLS. They blew this company apart when the economy was going down hill. I hope they like their trucking company the size of when the first vp brothers bought it.

"The Labor Board has found that our Unfair Labor Practice Charges against Oak Harbor Freight Lines have merit. John Payne (OHFL lawyer) has just received news of this today. In the absence of a settlement, the National Labor Relations Board, Region 19 will issue a Complaint and take Oak Harbor to trial on the following charges".

This might be different, can you imagine Dave, Ed and other upper management under oath on trial?
How far are they willing to take thier lies and what are they willing to lose.
The damage currently happening to Oak Harbor is self inflicted..................:TR10driving03:

I agree a lot of the other charges with the NLRB have been withdrawn for no merit but all of our new charges have been found to have merit and the VP's will finally have to pay the piper.

"The Labor Board has found that our Unfair Labor Practice Charges against Oak Harbor Freight Lines have merit. John Payne (OHFL lawyer) has just received news of this today. In the absence of a settlement, the National Labor Relations Board, Region 19 will issue a Complaint and take Oak Harbor to trial on the following charges".

This might be different, can you imagine Dave, Ed and other upper management under oath on trial?
How far are they willing to take thier lies and what are they willing to lose.
The damage currently happening to Oak Harbor is self inflicted.

.................:TR10driving03:

You missed the point, They (complaints) all have merit, as in they (NLRB) are willing to listen to each side of the argument and determin the findings, which have yet to be ruled upon. But as I stated, and I will go slow so stryker can understand. The same arguments that have been brought in the "past" have been either unfounded or withdrawn, which by the way would have come from the side that made the complaint. I am just stating facts, not spin. Time will tell and we all have to wait. Even if you win your argument by stiking, it doesn't mean you or the person next to you will still have a job.
If you weaken the company to the point they have to layoff or close, youv'e just cut your nose off to spite your face.
I got one for Kiddriver to, "my dad", who lived through the depression, like many others always told me "in times like these(then, much like the economy we have now) be glad you have it, keep it and don't do anything to F&^% it up. Hope you guys and gals are really ready to ride this one out and good luck to us all.

You have to break the new''s to 8ball slow. He cant take it in all at once cant you tell he's either management or a $cab. As far as YRC going down does that mean FEDX is going down to . They have to take a pay cut how about con-way they closed 40 service center's and laid off 10% and there both non union.

You made my point for me, you just didn't understand, many are making concessions, downsizing, closing, paycuts. Do the math, fewer jobs more people looking for one and remember, you had one until you made your choice.
I said it in the past, I respect you all for your convictions, I just think your timing stinks and that you were ill advised by you Union Reps

You made my point for me, you just didn't understand, many are making concessions, downsizing, closing, paycuts. Do the math, fewer jobs more people looking for one and remember, you had one until you made your choice.
I said it in the past, I respect you all for your convictions, I just think your timing stinks and that you were ill advised by you Union Reps

8 ball If anyone is ill advised it is you. OHFL became union because of Henry V. He joined the Union first! Now that Dave and Ed have it They want to take their ball and go home. Well .... DAD SAID...... Just as the vanderfools had their plans for the future so did my dad. I suppose that they are the only ones that get to plan for the future? I Think Not! It is one thing that drives these boys and none of it is Christian. Everyone of DADS co-workers have build this company and if you knew them you would pay them $30.00 per hr plus Benifits. Its OK for the VPs to make the $$$$$ but to hell with the workers. There is one thing and one thing only... Make the VPs pay and pay and pay for what they have done TO MY DAD! and if you don't like it...:butt kiss:
By the way an 8ball is a shot of tar heroin NICE NAME

8Ball the Kidd is right, See the definition below under kidshealth.org (you must be management):hysterical:

Drug termsEight ball - 1/8 ounce of drugs. Eightball - crack and heroin. Eighth - heroin. El diablito

Street DrugsThe bluffer's guide to street-drug slang. ... Eight ball - 1/8 ounce of drugs; Eightball - crack and heroin; Eighth - heroin or marijuana; Elaine - ecstasy ...
Street Drugs - 114k - Cached - Similar pages -

Heroin belongs to a group of pain-relieving drugs called narcotics. ... black tar, caballo (Spanish), 8-ball (heroin mixed with crack cocaine), junk, TNT ...
kidshealth.org/kid/grow/drugs_alcohol/know_drugs_heroin.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages -

8Ball the Kidd is right, See the definition below under kidshealth.org (you must be management):hysterical:

Drug termsEight ball - 1/8 ounce of drugs. Eightball - crack and heroin. Eighth - heroin. El diablito

Street DrugsThe bluffer's guide to street-drug slang. ... Eight ball - 1/8 ounce of drugs; Eightball - crack and heroin; Eighth - heroin or marijuana; Elaine - ecstasy ...
Street Drugs - 114k - Cached - Similar pages -

Heroin belongs to a group of pain-relieving drugs called narcotics. ... black tar, caballo (Spanish), 8-ball (heroin mixed with crack cocaine), junk, TNT ...
kidshealth.org/kid/grow/drugs_alcohol/know_drugs_heroin.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages -

I wasn't going to respond to Kidd, but since you brought it up, it also shows the generational gap, as with many things there is more than one meaning. The origin of mine belongs with the simple game of billards, something I use to play lots of and became quite good at. And it use to be as simple as not wanting to be caught behind the 8ball.
Unless you prefer Kidds version, where he is apparently comfortable and aquainted with the latter. Don't make something that its not. Anymore than I might suggest that Kidd make sure he (I have been assuming here that Kidd is a he, my apologies if I am wrong)has a clean donor when and if he goes back to work.

Dishonest, like lying to you employees telling them that this new system will offer anywhere near the security and quality of care and retirement they are receiving now? When it comes to someones livelihood, and the heath of their family, rules and laws become secondary to pure emotion. I have no problem breaking a law, or being dishonest, if it were incremental in saving the heath care and retirements of hundreds of my Teamster brothers, I would do it gladly.

AND YOU WILL GO TO JAIL. BE GLAD YOU HAVE A JOB:duh:

I guess some are so stuck up the corporate hind-end that they don't care about people standing up for their Constitutional rights, huh? I mean, how dare we take on the law-breaking, arrogant and greedy VP brothers! Shouldn't we just be good slaves and say "Thank you, massah"?

The people who express the opinion (like the aforementioned poster), "Just be glad you have a job!" are sheep. And slaves. Indentured servants afraid to stand up for themselves lest the boot-heel of the "massah" comes down squarely on their backs as they grovel in the dirt.

Strong words?

Maybe...

But our forefathers, who stood up for tyranny against England, and twice against Germany, as well as other tin-pot dictators whose vision was to crush the spirit of individualism and free choice, would be rolling over in their graves if they knew what sheep their progeny has turned into.

They died for our freedoms and our rights... rights that many in this country would sell away for the illusion of security and stability. A slave never questions... has no right to question, and so MUST be satisfied and happy with the status quo, as they have NO CHOICES!

I would rather stand and fight for a just cause, as an American and as my grandfather's grandson, and even lose, if need be... because at least I can hold my head high as my grandfather's grandson, knowing I fought for my beliefs and my principles, rather than knuckling under like the multitude of slaves and sheep that seem to be multiplying in ever larger numbers in this country among the working class.

To you who are scared to fight, I suggest you go read your Steinbeck, and re-think what you are willing to settle for... crusts of bread and little else... in exchange for that illusion of security and stability.

We are witnessing the destruction of the middle-class and the real perpetrators are... OURSELVES!

I guess some are so stuck up the corporate hind-end that they don't care about people standing up for their Constitutional rights, huh? I mean, how dare we take on the law-breaking, arrogant and greedy VP brothers! Shouldn't we just be good slaves and say "Thank you, massah"?

The people who express the opinion (like the aforementioned poster), "Just be glad you have a job!" are sheep. And slaves. Indentured servants afraid to stand up for themselves lest the boot-heel of the "massah" comes down squarely on their backs as they grovel in the dirt.

Strong words?

Maybe...

But our forefathers, who stood up for tyranny against England, and twice against Germany, as well as other tin-pot dictators whose vision was to crush the spirit of individualism and free choice, would be rolling over in their graves if they knew what sheep their progeny has turned into.

They died for our freedoms and our rights... rights that many in this country would sell away for the illusion of security and stability. A slave never questions... has no right to question, and so MUST be satisfied and happy with the status quo, as they have NO CHOICES!

I would rather stand and fight for a just cause, as an American and as my grandfather's grandson, and even lose, if need be... because at least I can hold my head high as my grandfather's grandson, knowing I fought for my beliefs and my principles, rather than knuckling under like the multitude of slaves and sheep that seem to be multiplying in ever larger numbers in this country among the working class.

To you who are scared to fight, I suggest you go read your Steinbeck, and re-think what you are willing to settle for... crusts of bread and little else... in exchange for that illusion of security and stability.

We are witnessing the destruction of the middle-class and the real perpetrators are... OURSELVES!

Very well said Shifterknob!
Thonly thing that Would have to add or sat differently is it is not only ourselves to blame, but the greedy self centered bas****ds like the vanderfools for carring for their own pockets more than the survival of a company, but alas I guess it was handed to them on a silver platter so they do not know what it is to have to actually work, and fight for something in life. Attitude of individuals such as these should be punished, playing games with peoples lives just simply beacuse they think that they are above the law, and better than every one else.

The comment of being thankful you have a job, I want to know at want cost? Should I give up all of my standards of living so that I can pay the light bill while the richer get richer. Be thankful that I have a job so I can keep working while I no longer have a pension to retire with, be thankful I still have a job but have health care that will cut into my families level of living, be thankful that I still have a job but can not afford to get sick myself or anyone in my household because I will not get paid for any time I miss. How far backwards do we have to go and still be THANKFUL WE STILL HAVE A JOB?

The comment of being thankful you have a job, I want to know at want cost? Should I give up all of my standards of living so that I can pay the light bill while the richer get richer. Be thankful that I have a job so I can keep working while I no longer have a pension to retire with, be thankful I still have a job but have health care that will cut into my families level of living, be thankful that I still have a job but can not afford to get sick myself or anyone in my household because I will not get paid for any time I miss. How far backwards do we have to go and still be THANKFUL WE STILL HAVE A JOB?

amen truckchick

IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR JOB I''LL TAKE IT AS SO MANY MORE WILL TO.:nutkick:

IF YOU DONT WANT YOUR JOB I''LL TAKE IT AS SO MANY MORE WILL TO.:nutkick:

This is what happens when you have so many underqualified drivers out there, or either that they can't get other driving jobs because of the driving record, or background checks. Joak Harbor was willing to hire any one qualified or not, (as we all saw on youtube) and first hand. They were willing to the general public at rist with substandard labor. Just another instance about how much the vanderfools really care about their employees, and the safety of the public.
The company's day of reckoning is coming, and they will never be the carier that they once were. That is if they can even make it for another couple of years. The way joak harbor does business I myself do not see tham making it. They have not learned a thing! They still treat their employees like crap, and they still have the attitude that their customers just simply could not stay in business with out the once mighty joak harbor.
Guess what vanderfools, Your (the P&D drivers') customers did just fine with out you! If you do not come down off your high horses, and your thinking that you are better than every one else attitude, you will still be out of business soon enough. Of course you will misplace the blame on the big bad Teamsters instead of growing a pair, manning up, and placing the blame on your self centered greed where it belongs. :loser::duh: