Sad Day For Oak Harbor Ptld

come on

if you guys are that unhappy leave you job. there is lot of good driver out that need a job. quite crying and do some thing about it . there is lot of driver that will take your job and there not rats. give me brake and stop the crying .there is alot driver out of work (good drivers) be smart keep your job.:duh:

This is what happens when you have so many underqualified drivers out there, or either that they can't get other driving jobs because of the driving record, or background checks. Joak Harbor was willing to hire any one qualified or not, (as we all saw on youtube) and first hand. They were willing to the general public at rist with substandard labor. Just another instance about how much the vanderfools really care about their employees, and the safety of the public.
The company's day of reckoning is coming, and they will never be the carier that they once were. That is if they can even make it for another couple of years. The way joak harbor does business I myself do not see tham making it. They have not learned a thing! They still treat their employees like crap, and they still have the attitude that their customers just simply could not stay in business with out the once mighty joak harbor.
Guess what vanderfools, Your (the P&D drivers') customers did just fine with out you! If you do not come down off your high horses, and your thinking that you are better than every one else attitude, you will still be out of business soon enough. Of course you will misplace the blame on the big bad Teamsters instead of growing a pair, manning up, and placing the blame on your self centered greed where it belongs. :loser::duh:

This post is the JOAK here. Man the anger, the putting down others. You continue to post lies. Post the truth, oh thats right, no one told you the truth. Go find a job that you like. Your comments are substandard. Therefore you would not qualify to work at Oak Harbor.

if you guys are that unhappy leave you job. There is lot of good driver out that needs a job. Quite crying and do some thing about it . There is lot of driver that will take your job and there not rats. Give me brake and stop the crying .there is a lot driver out of work (good drivers) be smart keep your job.:duh:

I agree with you, all they do is cry, complain and run the VP and Oakh down. It's their entire fault for the way things are boo-hoo. They have nothing good to say about anything on any subject unless it is ugly, negative, demeaning. Most of the time comments are made with out all the facts just have of a story and gossip they pick up here and there then it becomes gospel. They have no idea what is happening in the Corp office or how the VP brothers feel. The VP’s were not involved nor were the attorneys with the petitions that were going around the terminals to get rid of the Teamsters union.
Someone else decided to take that on all by themselves.
So if they (teamsters) are wrong regarding these facts how many other things are they wrong about. They just spu out sour grapes.
They are wrong about the drivers there are great and professional drivers out there that are not teamsters and that is the choice they made not to belong to such a group that has a very long history of corruption and breaking the law as their legacy (crime, bullying, intimidating, kidnapping even murder are just a few examples)

They have no idea what is happening in the Corp office or how the VP brothers feel.

The Corporate has no idea of what is happening in their own office, never have, never will.
As for how the VP brothers feel:wtflol: Why would we care how these 2 spoiled, greedy, control freak brothers who've never had to work a honest day in their lives feel?. They are
the cause of this whole mess, we were one of the top carriers in our area and because they decided they didn't want the union they have lost tens of millions. If they had treated their employees properly with some amount of respect we would not have this problem.

This post is the JOAK here. Man the anger, the putting down others. You continue to post lies. Post the truth, oh thats right, no one told you the truth. Go find a job that you like. Your comments are substandard. Therefore you would not qualify to work at Oak Harbor.

Here is a truth teamsters are wrong about the drivers there are great and professional drivers out there that are not teamsters and that is the choice they made not to belong to such a group that has a very long history of corruption and breaking the law as their legacy (crime, bullying, intimidating, kidnapping even murder are just a few examples)

Strange the De-Cert faxes came out of their attorneys office, what name is at the top of each of these?
http://www.oakhanswers.com/nu/decert_petitions2.pdf
Also Brian L is out of the same office as listed at the top of the faxes :loser:

Seriously? Obviously the NRTW attorney who filed these sent copies to Oak Harbor's attorneys, one of whom (Brian L) is listed on the petition as Oak Harbor's representative. C'mon, people! Think before you post.

Yea, right..... Sorry I am not as blind as the fools who are afraid to stick up for themselves. The most substandard thing about this whole situation, is the way a couple of spoiled individuals who were handed everything on a silver platter think they are better than every one else, and of course the company brown nosers that are afraid not to stick up for the company because they couldn't handle a job any where else since they would then have to actually do something to prove their worth. For instance the one individual that signed de-cert forms for 10 different terminals form Aub. to Med. What a winner there! :roll1:
As for not qualifying to work at joak harbor? They had no issues with me while I was there, so I guess they don't qualify for me as an employer now as I refuse to work for a couple of spoiled tyrants that insist on sinking a once good company simply over self centered greed, and the rufusal to admit that they indeed are not better than every one else and above the law. (not grown up enough to admit when they are wrong, thought I would simplify it for you).
Sorry you don't like hearing the truth instead of company brainwashing material. In time you may see the light. About the time they close the doors.......maybe.:loser:

Here is a truth teamsters are wrong about the drivers there are great and professional drivers out there that are not teamsters and that is the choice they made not to belong to such a group that has a very long history of corruption and breaking the law as their legacy (crime, bullying, intimidating, kidnapping even murder are just a few examples)

Apparently you can't believe your eyes on the youtube videos, or refuse to look at them. The proof is on video dude. I have nothing against non-union workers, and I understand that is a choice we all have. Professional drivers do not intentionally run red lights! By the way join us in the more recent history will you? But since you want to go into the past. What about the corporations that started the beating, bullying, intimidation, breaking laws, and coruption (which companys still do some of these things today, which is why the teamsters went on strike in the first place) which is what brought on the birth of the unions in the first place. :nutkick:

day tripper, major trucker and bob654(need some english language tutoring?)
truth? lies? I have yet to hear any truth from ed and dave. If you would step back and actually look at what happened you would come to the realization that you too were fooled. Aside from what the company offer was, from a business stand point, they ALLOWED the union to strike. How foolish for anyone to think they could survive loss of business and then turn around and spend a fortune in fighting this with all the replacements and security and fences and accidents and blown tires and wasted fuel and so on.... The company would be better off today if they just had a contingent offer that maintained the conditions of the old agreements at the onset of the strike. Get a vote and been back to work the following Monday. Is there a specific course they teach you at college to destroy a business because they must have taken it. Regardless of ulp or economic. Trucking is not an industry that would just stop production for a while, and pick back up after a strike, you will lose customers, forever. plain and simple duh!!!Common sense tells you that if you're going to spend 100 million dollars to screw over your employees and it would have cost you 50 million to keep them happy, productive, and concerned about the stability and profitability of the company, you take the least expensive course of action. A five year old could have figured that one out.
now as for ed and dave, customers will be hesitant to return without the security that a contract brings. It is not just for your devoted employees it would benefit the business as a whole, bring stability back to your work force and the customers will see your commitment to your workers and the workers commitment to the business, your company will then begin to rebuild itself. as always poor management causes businesses to fail, not the workers, and not those who represent them. Put a offer that keeps old language and benefits and you will get a approval!!!! That again a five year old would figure out. With a contract in place those hesitant customers will return, again a no brainer!

day tripper, major trucker and bob654(need some english language tutoring?)
truth? lies? I have yet to hear any truth from ed and dave. If you would step back and actually look at what happened you would come to the realization that you too were fooled. Aside from what the company offer was, from a business stand point, they ALLOWED the union to strike. How foolish for anyone to think they could survive loss of business and then turn around and spend a fortune in fighting this with all the replacements and security and fences and accidents and blown tires and wasted fuel and so on.... The company would be better off today if they just had a contingent offer that maintained the conditions of the old agreements at the onset of the strike. Get a vote and been back to work the following Monday. Is there a specific course they teach you at college to destroy a business because they must have taken it. Regardless of ulp or economic. Trucking is not an industry that would just stop production for a while, and pick back up after a strike, you will lose customers, forever. plain and simple duh!!!Common sense tells you that if you're going to spend 100 million dollars to screw over your employees and it would have cost you 50 million to keep them happy, productive, and concerned about the stability and profitability of the company, you take the least expensive course of action. A five year old could have figured that one out.
now as for ed and dave, customers will be hesitant to return without the security that a contract brings. It is not just for your devoted employees it would benefit the business as a whole, bring stability back to your work force and the customers will see your commitment to your workers and the workers commitment to the business, your company will then begin to rebuild itself. as always poor management causes businesses to fail, not the workers, and not those who represent them. Put a offer that keeps old language and benefits and you will get a approval!!!! That again a five year old would figure out. With a contract in place those hesitant customers will return, again a no brainer!

Oh yes an inteligent tutoring. Management destoys companys. Take this tutoring ponder it. Why may 7.7 billion in Boing orders be canceled. Why are the 3 big auto makers broke, YRC, Shall I keep going proffesor?

Oh yes an inteligent tutoring. Management destoys companys. Take this tutoring ponder it. Why may 7.7 billion in Boing orders be canceled. Why are the 3 big auto makers broke, YRC, Shall I keep going proffesor?

Once again company :butt kiss:, POOR MANAGEMENT DECISIONS can you hear us now? Remember the crooked vip's asking for gov. bailout with one hand while running to the banks with their bonuses in the other hand? Remeber the first time the big three met with the feds they all took their corporate jets to DC? YRC just simply got greedy, and over extended it'self. Hmmmmmmm... I suppose all this was the teamsters doing in your company way of thinking. Just like it's the teamsters fault that the vanderfools want compleate and total control even if they go about it illegally. So you go back to the the joak harbor class of "how to destroy a good company". Maybe you may learn how NOT to do things for a change, if you learn to think for your self instead of listening to corporate lies.

He seems to forget it takes to sides in any labor negotiations... both sides negotiate (unless they are Oak Harbor management, of course) and both sides have to sign the contract once an offer has been ratified by it's membership.

The Big Three's management signed those labor agreements, too. YRC's management signed the last NMFA agreement, but then had to come back to the union, hat in hand, to ask for concessions in order to keep on surviving. Same with the Big Three having to ask the UAW members for concessions.

What is the common thread here? Management screws up, and has to ask the unionized workforce to give something back... WHICH THEY HAVE DONE!

YRC members voted concessions. The UAW members have voted concessions. They gave back in order to help their companies survive the economic downturn and the results of decades of poor management decisions.

Were the Yellow Freight employees consulted about management's bid to buy Roadway, or USF Freightways? Were they allowed input on how the company was run after those aforementioned acquisitions?

Were the UAW members consulted on management decisions concerning strategic planning in decades past? Were they part of the decision-making process concerning the overall direction the Big Three automakers were heading in? A direction that seems to hhave resulted in a near-disaster for at least one of the Big Three?

And while we're talking sacrifice here... did any of the executives given bonuses after their banks and investment firms were being kept afloat by government bailout money make any concessions or make any real sacrifices like so many rank-and-file blue collar workers have in the last couple of years?

They seem to live by the motto made famous by Michael Douglas in "Wall Street"... "Greed is good". Maybe the unions overreached in recent years, but most seem to be willing to make whatever concessions and sacrifices are necessary for the greater good.

It's about time we start seeing white-collar management start taking a little accountability for their misdeeds, mistakes and incompetance... instead of having the entire burden fall square on the shoulders of the already overburdened and ever-shrinking middle-class...

He seems to forget it takes to sides in any labor negotiations... both sides negotiate (unless they are Oak Harbor management, of course) and both sides have to sign the contract once an offer has been ratified by it's membership.

The Big Three's management signed those labor agreements, too. YRC's management signed the last NMFA agreement, but then had to come back to the union, hat in hand, to ask for concessions in order to keep on surviving. Same with the Big Three having to ask the UAW members for concessions.

What is the common thread here? Management screws up, and has to ask the unionized workforce to give something back... WHICH THEY HAVE DONE!

YRC members voted concessions. The UAW members have voted concessions. They gave back in order to help their companies survive the economic downturn and the results of decades of poor management decisions.

Were the Yellow Freight employees consulted about management's bid to buy Roadway, or USF Freightways? Were they allowed input on how the company was run after those aforementioned acquisitions?

Were the UAW members consulted on management decisions concerning strategic planning in decades past? Were they part of the decision-making process concerning the overall direction the Big Three automakers were heading in? A direction that seems to hhave resulted in a near-disaster for at least one of the Big Three?

And while we're talking sacrifice here... did any of the executives given bonuses after their banks and investment firms were being kept afloat by government bailout money make any concessions or make any real sacrifices like so many rank-and-file blue collar workers have in the last couple of years?

They seem to live by the motto made famous by Michael Douglas in "Wall Street"... "Greed is good". Maybe the unions overreached in recent years, but most seem to be willing to make whatever concessions and sacrifices are necessary for the greater good.

It's about time we start seeing white-collar management start taking a little accountability for their misdeeds, mistakes and incompetance... instead of having the entire burden fall square on the shoulders of the already overburdened and ever-shrinking middle-class...

Amen:clap::clap::clap::clap:

You are a punk

We,the Teamster employees of OHFL are not going to entertain this "choices" package the company is puking out.We choose to be Union and will remain Union at all costs...period.All the company is doing is putting their feelers out to see where the employees are at.Personally,I think their gonna hurt themselves on this deal,Non-union terminals are already asking about card check neutrality.

Don't need this union... what it brings is high cost and low efficiency.

Punk... is that the best he can do?

I feel this gentleman, and I do use the term loosely and who incidentally likes sending me PM's threatening bodily harm, is an example of what the company brought in after the REAL Oak Harbor employees were forced to walk out.

I'd say his self-esteem is as low as his IQ... single-digit territory.

Don't need this union... what it brings is high cost and low efficiency.

Of course you don't need this union if you are a . You don't want the real guys brought back to work. You are willing to work under any conditions the company is willing to throw your way. Do you also slobber when they throw you a bone?