Sad Day For Oak Harbor Ptld

it just so happens that freight levels were down since september which is normally busy considering the holidays and if you wanna look at it year to year last year was better for two reasons teamsters were doing their jobs and the economy wasnt as bad but this whole strike thing really didnt do any good for the freight levels people arent going to ship with a company that is going through a labor dispute as much as they would if things would have remained at the status quo

Very true,
Some seem to forget that the strike started BEFORE the economy took a dump, and joak harbors freight levels were their pittiful levels. So no matter what spin the company sympathizers wish to put on this fact. The TRUE fact is that, the REAL teamsters went out and spoke with their customers, and a majority of their customers supported them. There were also other factors yes, but the main factor is obvious, unless you are a company suck %#@.

Very true,
Some seem to forget that the strike started BEFORE the economy took a dump, and joak harbors freight levels were their pittiful levels. So no matter what spin the company sympathizers wish to put on this fact. The TRUE fact is that, the REAL teamsters went out and spoke with their customers, and a majority of their customers supported them. There were also other factors yes, but the main factor is obvious, unless you are a company suck %#@.

You really need to look back further, true the strike did not help with revenue levels, but when you look at the big picture and go back over the last 2 years, it has been a steady decline, the signs have all been there and the company was doing what it needed to do to remain healthy. The fact the union decided to strike when they did is simply irrealevent to the whole economy taking a dump as you put it. I'm sorry but the mentality that the union is this omnipotent group that can do no wrong and are responsible for all the good but take no responsibility for the bad is sheer stupidity.

You really need to look back further, true the strike did not help with revenue levels, but when you look at the big picture and go back over the last 2 years, it has been a steady decline, the signs have all been there and the company was doing what it needed to do to remain healthy. The fact the union decided to strike when they did is simply irrealevent to the whole economy taking a dump as you put it. I'm sorry but the mentality that the union is this omnipotent group that can do no wrong and are responsible for all the good but take no responsibility for the bad is sheer stupidity.

no need to take credit for the bad will leave that for the vanderpoops and the republican party we are very good at our jobs better than the replacements maybe that is why they didnt have thier names embriodered on their uniforms lol we have earned the benefits and pay that we are trying to maintain this company has been tryin to take it away since way befor the economic dowturn hence the big fight over it we could understand if the company wasnt doing so well but instead they are just plain greedy maybe they need to step up to the plate and take some responsibility for their actions p.s now you need to stop trippin

no need to take credit for the bad will leave that for the vanderpoops and the republican party we are very good at our jobs better than the replacements maybe that is why they didnt have thier names embriodered on their uniforms lol we have earned the benefits and pay that we are trying to maintain this company has been tryin to take it away since way befor the economic dowturn hence the big fight over it we could understand if the company wasnt doing so well but instead they are just plain greedy maybe they need to step up to the plate and take some responsibility for their actions p.s now you need to stop trippin

I knew there was reason for me to stop paying any attention to this site. People like you who continue to stand and say, me me me. You just don't get it, you will continue with your entitlement attitude that will have you standing in the same line with your UAW brothers and sisters fighting for the same job. And don't tell me they were put into bankruptcy by the poor management. Both sides are wrong, the members for continuing to have there hands out demanding more, and the management for signing agreements that have finally proven to be unsustainable. Really, get over yourself.

I knew there was reason for me to stop paying any attention to this site. People like you who continue to stand and say, me me me. You just don't get it, you will continue with your entitlement attitude that will have you standing in the same line with your UAW brothers and sisters fighting for the same job. And don't tell me they were put into bankruptcy by the poor management. Both sides are wrong, the members for continuing to have there hands out demanding more, and the management for signing agreements that have finally proven to be unsustainable. Really, get over yourself.

Or howabout just OAKH pisspoor management??

Care to comment?

Umm, take another look over the past two years there yes boy. It has not been a steady decline, and yeah the company sure did what was needed to remain healthy. Take, take, take, just to line the greedy brothers pockets more. If they were truly hurting (which they have NEVER cried poor mind you) maybe they should have looked into the incompitance, and over abundance of their management? Or possibly even their insistant wastefull spending. Handheld units, their attempted route optimization running driver twice as many miles as necessary (wasting fuel, time, and wages). Oh no it is much more simple to blame everything on the bad teamsters.
Who just so happend to put in more hours, and work harder than 99% of management ever even had nightmeres over. Not all mind you but most.
So steady decline my ***.
How about the approximate 60% decline in business as soon as the teamsters went out on strike? I guess that is your steady decline huh?
Nice try there any way.

Screw ball in the corner pocket!:nutkick:

Umm the main ones with the me, me ,me attitude here are the greedy brothers. Or have you forgotten (as I know that ou have been informed) We (the Teamsters) would be happt to retain what we had rather than going backwards, and loosing benefits, and such. Do you know the meaning of the word NEGOTIATIONS? It doesn't mean that one side gives everything back! As for unsastainable? Maybe if the would pull their self rightous heads out of their *****, and get some comptant management things would improve even more.

sorry to correct you but the guys with the me me me dilema crossed the picket line they were measters it is time for the working people of america stand up and fight for a fair living wage and benefit package i dont think it is ok for you and people like you to go to work just to make someone filthy rich we the working people demand a fair shake.
now befor you get all bent out of shape you need to understand as truck drivers we are limited on how many hours we can work so second jobs are pretty much out of the picture we work hard and should be able to make a living wage to provide a good life for our families . driving a truck is a career meaning that one should only have to work 1 job and eventually retire not struggle tryin to work 2 or 3 jobs just to barely break even wake up stop being a sheep the vanderpoops will drop you in a second for a younger more able employee sooner than later which is their plan hence trying to make it more attractive of a job for new hires they want a revolving door policy we just want stability

My Observations:
1. I don't think the OAK Harbor strikers know what they are really up against here. The company is not your enemy. They are inviting you to move on or work for less out of there pockets. Think about it. SO WHAT! If you are in business these days you are looking to insure your own survival not a unions' members. Get the picture You [B]Don't[/B] matter[./B]
2. If you will look around there are an incredible amount of people from other countries living in this country, legally or illlegally, willing to work for less money. It will not get better it will get worse. We don't make anything in this country anymore and we are paying the price for the high cost of labor for the last 50 years. Union or otherwise! Life is changing teamsters and you better get ready for the light at the end of the tunnel. It's a train guaranteed.It will run you off the track and you will move on anyway. Lots of emotion being displayed that will produce 0.
3.My father was a union man. I worked in a union. Not anything special to note except that both businesses are now extinct with no trace that we ever worked there. I am not anti union. I am pro income. You have to have a company and that company will have to be able to hire you if you want income to pay bills. So if I can't pay my bills with the money the company pays me I have to move on or change MY SPENDING HABITS. ouch that's no fun. Guess what strikers over 5 million people have lost their homes in the last year. You don't have to look to far to see what they want and it will be A JOB.
4. You better stop dealing with the managment of Oak Harbor like you is the stud because the next thing they will do is close the doors and open up as The REALTIME trucking company at their convenience. Ask the airline guys who went on strike. They and thousands like them are sorry they didn't think first about the real issue. I DON"T LIKE THE WAY I"M BEING TREATED. Save yourselves the anguish I am reading here. Go find another job that has all the things you want and you will feel better. Who cares what Oak harbor does it's not your business. You don't pay their bills and you don't read them bedtime stories. Lets go make some money!

why do you think this country is in the shape it is in right now????? greed! greed! greed! because no one has the balls to stand up for working conditions and better ways of life. most businesses can operate just fine with union labor. America has been sold out by those businesses because they do not want to provide the people who help make that business a success a decent living, hence people loose their homes. put the working man out of a job they cant keep paying their mortgages.

Just another way to take away from the working man. The dues are specified in the contract. Oh yeah you guys don't have a contract. I hope you all enjoyed Ed telling you how poorly the company is doing. He is full of :shit:shitshit

The dues that you pay to the union are between the union and the brotherhood, not the company. This article is straight from the union, and what Hoffa wants to impose, just like our government. So if anyone is taking anything from the working man, it is the union taking from the membership. Remember, the union is bigger and has more money than the company does and just like our government doesn't produce anything. The only paycheck they provide are to themselves even a retirees pay is from money they put in for investment over their service years. The union only held onto it for "safe keeping" promising the membership healthy retirements that the union at one point is not going to be able to deliver on. Just like what is happening with the state pension plans and the UAW. They only invested your hard earned money so that they could take the interest on earnings for their fat paychecks, and everytime their isn't enough or the projections are down, they tell you and get you all wound up that the companies are screwing you and need to pay you a fair share. They don't pay anything the company hasn't offered, simply, we need less govenrment and you need to cut the middle men of your union leadership because they are paid far more than what they are worth!

Ed Vander bend over,will stick a poll up your stink side,is as about a Christian as Charles Manson when it comes to money. Rich people like Fat Ed, have no clue what it is like to struggle thru life. They hide big profits in foreign bank accounts for their Retirement with your money eating expensive cheese and sipping vintage wine while swimming in their huge pool in florida with a bunch of teenage girls nude.

This is either a drunken rant or slander, if it is the latter, I hope you are able to back up your claim or you might want to withdrawl your statement.

Ed Vander bend over,will stick a poll up your stink side,is as about a Christian as Charles Manson when it comes to money. Rich people like Fat Ed, have no clue what it is like to struggle thru life. They hide big profits in foreign bank accounts for their Retirement with your money eating expensive cheese and sipping vintage wine while swimming in their huge pool in florida with a bunch of teenage girls nude.

I hope you have good insurance this is slander big time and you are way out of line. I hope they band you from this sight You are what they call a dumb jerk.

Do you really believe the lies and obfuscations you post up here, or are you merely one of the brain-dead who repeats the trash management pours into their ears without even having the experience, knowledge or simple spinal fortitude to question what is being spoon-fed to you?

Actually, I think you are just cut-and-pasting off of the National Right To Work website, since this is their exact mantra.

Having spent a lot of years on both sides of the union/non-union line, if I had my preference, I would always go union. I've never had to depend on the union to save my job, but I have seen with my own eyes where they have been the only recourse to right wrongdoing in the workplace.

Union multi-employer pension plans are still the strongest bet going for retirement security. Certainly far more secure than the average 401(k) plan.

So by all means... keep nattering on likem the idiotic, mind-numbed parrot you seem to be trying to emulate, my poor befuddled friend... you are not convincing, enlightening, or even very interesting...

Strike...

O.H. IS FAMILY OWNED SO THAT MEANS THE OWNERS CARE ABOUT THEIR FAMILIES NOT THE WORKERS FAMILIES. YOUR ONLY CHANCE IS TO STRIKE TO SURVIVE. THE VPS WILL DIVIDE BARNS AND PIT EACH WORKER AGAINST THE OTHER. TIME TO STAND TOGETHER OR RUN OUT THE DOOR....:TR10driving03: