Sad day

Monday Morning..The 60 day WARN Act notification. At least they learned a little from watching Jevic Close.
Never seen a WARN notification in the freight industry and doubt that we ever will. Guys on the street knowing job is in the toilet, how does anyone see that panning out? In this business there are no warnings, just shuttered doors.

Well, the day nobody thought would ever come is really here. On Monday 5/19/08 Jevic will announce that they are closing the doors to ALL of their terminals and all assets will be liquidated.

It's a sad day for a once great trucking company. They have been in a steady decline for the past 10 years.

First off im like everyone else but if you look just about all truck company show up as this. I looked up 5 truck company's and they all say they are not in the BBB and believed to be closed. So check that out. Second im with everyone else its strange that after all this time Harry was in the yard. Something is up. Is he going to buy back nct? Does he still have stock in the company and have to sing papers of some sort. Maybe we have been sold and we all know they wont tell us **** till the end. Why would thy everyone will jump ship if they tell us what is going on. Who knows but something is up and i dont believe it is all rumors.

First off im like everyone else but if you look just about all truck company show up as this. I looked up 5 truck company's and they all say they are not in the BBB and believed to be closed. So check that out. Second im with everyone else its strange that after all this time Harry was in the yard. Something is up. Is he going to buy back nct? Does he still have stock in the company and have to sing papers of some sort. Maybe we have been sold and we all know they wont tell us **** till the end. Why would thy everyone will jump ship if they tell us what is going on. Who knows but something is up and i dont believe it is all rumors.

Your right ...or at least we are on the same page....This sit and hold pattern sucks!!! Most Rumors all have some strand of truth in them. As far as the Harry situation goes don't have any answers for you there.....But we can say is that we would hope that he step up to the plate and do what ever he can to keep the company that he started up and going forward. Many drivers stood beside him when needed them when he wanted to start this company it would be great if he stood by them (NCT employees) when they need him.

Well said LongHaul
It is crazy i did not start with Harry but i have been here for about 8 years now. I got a big F... When they put a freeze on our Raise. I was to go to Top rate
and guess what. I was told by GW that i will never see top rate and be happy i have a job about 7 years ago. I was like wow so now days i make what a new hire makes
as far as pay by the hour and mile. Yes i get the bigger cell phone money and days off and all But when i started i was told i would get paid this about and nope.
So as far as Harry i really hope and agree with you that he steps up and helps all of us out. I mean hell i stayed knowing i would never make what i was told i would.
Do i ***** about it yes i do. Do i make good money most weeks i do well.

Your right ...or at least we are on the same page....This sit and hold pattern sucks!!! Most Rumors all have some strand of truth in them. As far as the Harry situation goes don't have any answers for you there.....But we can say is that we would hope that he step up to the plate and do what ever he can to keep the company that he started up and going forward. Many drivers stood beside him when needed them when he wanted to start this company it would be great if he stood by them (NCT employees) when they need him.

Harry still owns the property and the buildings, so maybe he was there to work out the end of the lease with NCT. Who knows. I doubt he's back in, though. He knew enough to get out when he did and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Harry still owns the property and the buildings, so maybe he was there to work out the end of the lease with NCT. Who knows. I doubt he's back in, though. He knew enough to get out when he did and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

You maybe right. .. We will know soon.......I hope sooner than later cause this sh*t is getting old fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Speaking of trolling bottom feeders.
This always brings them out. I was flooded with offers after Jevic closed, usually in the 36 to 42 CPM range. None of the NCT drivers should settle for less than 50cpm. Take your time and find the best LTL for you instead of jumping in on low paying T/L. Remember to work smarter not harder.

This always brings them out. I was flooded with offers after Jevic closed, usually in the 36 to 42 CPM range. None of the NCT drivers should settle for less than 50cpm. Take your time and find the best LTL for you instead of jumping in on low paying T/L. Remember to work smarter not harder.
And do your research on any company you intend to work for. There is a lot of experience with the drivers on TB.

Speaking of trolling bottom feeders.

At least they are offering.One thing NC drivers have going for them is their is a high demand for drivers.A driver with a good CSA and background should have no problem landing a good job from a good employer.In fact,a high percentage will probably be better off when the dust settles.