Safety Bonus (direct deposit)

Discussion in 'Old Dominion Freight Line' started by snoopy, Nov 22, 2013.

1. snoopy

snoopy Member

First, I really am not at all complaining about my bonus. I understand ODFL doesn't have to do that. I just hope next year they go back to a check instead of direct deposit.I for one hide my bonus from my wife and she always gets something unexpected for Christmas. Now I'll have to tell her how much I spent on her before Christmas. Hopefully this simple issue will have a simple fix if I'm blessed enough to be here and lucky enough to stay out of trouble for another year.

2. bigbird42368

bigbird42368 Super Moderator Staff Member

I have only 8 months in with OD, We got a bonus? i didn't notice anything in my account but i might have missed out by not being here a year, please enlighten me

3. Ruffian 72

Ruffian 72 Well-Known Member

It's annual, and it's a separate deposit and be an extra, separate stub/statement.

4. Ruffian 72

Government stole 48% of mine.

5. kbigdog

kbigdog Member

Not gonna happen. Soon you won't get a pay stub. Your gonna have to get it off the computer at terminal. They won't go back to issuing "live checks".

For the others....you get a safety bonus if you have no accidents from Nov 1 to Oct 31. It's a sliding scale. More accident free years, the more money.......gotta go lunch break ending .......

6. kenneth

kenneth Well-Known Member

Check's are a sign of the past.We will not get a paper stub here in the near future.You will be able to go to a secured OD sight to view paycheck stub.Everything will be direct deposit

7. kenneth

You will not see one this year Bird.Period run's from Nov. 1st to Oct 31 every year.

8. kenneth

Yep&when you do loose.You got'a start all over

9. kenneth

They deposit'd the check's just like payroll.So if you had more than one account.The deposit was split just like payroll

10. Ruffian 72

Hard check makes it easier for some, I don't care myself. Know a couple guys use it for "My buys or for other purposes". Actually had a few talking about what they were cashing it in on today, oh, well.

11. outlaw88

outlaw88 Active Member

Well if its direct deposit some say the Wife see it as money in the bank and you cant use it for what ever we want ..Some guys say they take alittle and put the rest in the bank before wife knows..lol. For me its fine either way..but I don't like now they tax the crap out of it ..I like the old way when they just took alittle from you.

12. BillyLo

BillyLo Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion

Get a different bank account from the wife!! Problem solved. If she complains, just tell her to take a hike! I'm sure she'll understand. Right, right?

13. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

They used to tell us they taxed it at the gift rate.

14. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

Heck I'm cool with that, I didn't even know we got one in the first place! What does it start at?

15. bullwagon

bullwagon Well-Known Member

300 and goes up 50 each year, I think it tops at 1000.

16. kenneth

Start's at $300 increase's $50 a year up to the 10 yr mark&increase $150-350???Then back to $50 a year.Max's out at $3000 now.

17. DMT

DMT Well-Known Member

i have savings at the credit union, the first two hundred went there Yeah!!, Tax rates on the "gift" from the company is 25% right off the top , and the the rest is taxed at the regular rate. it is gov't extortion .

18. Songremainsthesame

Songremainsthesame Well-Known Member

Isn't it nice how they think a bonus is unearned and they can come take a bigger slice of the pie? I'm sorry, but my safe driving EARNED that bonus. I should get every penny.