R&L | Safety department corrupt/damaged

tacoma03

TB Lurker
Credits
9 years combined at R&L and know the company well. Last September I had a minor accident where someone illegally came along my passenger side on the shoulder of the road while I was swinging a turn at an intersection. I was blocking the lane legally and other driver illegally went on the shoulder of the road. No injuries and minor damage occurred. That said, within a week, safety department made the correct decision and said the accident was non preventable. I also had a dash cam that caught the incident in my hood mirror. Even though I told the safety dept at the time of the incident I had a dash cam running, nobody ever asked for the video. After 3 months, the safety department changed their decision to preventable. I asked why and they said police report listed nobody at fault and the company paid for the drivers damage that made the illegal action. I of course requested a hearing. I recently had the phone hearing and only ever heard the voice of the safety director in Atlanta. Never was introduced to anyone else or heard anyone else. The safety director Harv Meir stated his committee saw no shoulder on the road (which is bs), and I was at fault. The safety department is dirty and should be investigated by the Roberts

Not that they are much better but if your dash cam clearly show the accident and the shoulder, I would take it right to Jeff Copsey and file your complaint.

shoulder or not it is illegal to pass on right.Cant rule it preventable because there was no shoulder. Definitely something not right with that decision.Ticket or no ticket that decision is wrong, cant believe it went to a hearing.....smh

If you didn't present ALL the evidence, that is on you. You have to be the best advocate you can for yourself. It would have taken no time to download the Dashcam and attach a video to send via email. The video could have then been viewed by the safety committee.

If you didn't present ALL the evidence, that is on you. You have to be the best advocate you can for yourself. It would have taken no time to download the Dashcam and attach a video to send via email. The video could have then been viewed by the safety committee.
The video was viewed by the safety department eventually. I had no need to turn over my video immediately because the accident was found to be non preventable only 3 days after the accident. They only changed their mind on their decision months later because some idiot in Wilmington approved payment for the damages to the at fault driver. The police report listed nobody at fault so the company is stupid for paying the other drivers damage.

shoulder or not it is illegal to pass on right.Cant rule it preventable because there was no shoulder. Definitely something not right with that decision.Ticket or no ticket that decision is wrong, cant believe it went to a hearing.....smh
It's not illegal, but you do give up the right of way when you do that.

The Safety Dept's only real function is to send out log violations and look for reasons to revoke bonuses.