Yellow | Safety or not!!!

E

ed2368

I was just told that it is not policy to cross chains on the jiffs. Let me know what the truth is whether or not that the chains have to be crossed because of safety issues.

We were told by BigR in 2005 while I was on triples bid to N. Lima that DOT no longer required chains to be crossed.

We where told it was required in Ohio and it was just easier to cross all rather than try to remember to due only Ohio. Go Buckeyes.

I vaguely remember a written order coming out of "world hdqtrs." (120):hysterical: that stated we were not to cross the chains. Somebody make up my mind.......:TR10driving03: :rofl2:

I vaguely remember a written order coming out of "world hdqtrs." (120) that stated we were not to cross the chains. Somebody make up my mind.......:TR10driving03: :rofl2:
The video for pulling jiff with the new tractors shows the chains crossed. As we were told this was not to be done anymore I had the TM email corp. saftey man. Safety mans reply was it is not Rdwy policy to cross the chains but you can do it either way does'nt matter. I was given a copy of the reply myself to shut me up. :hysterical: I'm thinking they did'nt want to reshoot the video. :biglaugh:

I was just told that it is not policy to cross chains on the jiffs. Let me know what the truth is whether or not that the chains have to be crossed because of safety issues.
Hey ed2368........welcome to the boards. That's a very good question that doesn't seem to have a right or wrong answer!!:biglaugh: At 671 (Winston) we are told we do not have to cross the chains, but we do have to hook them......I broke down a set on Tuesday that still had the chains hooked to the jiff :duh: DS.

The last time I was told anything from management was not to cross them anymore.
Ever notice how if you get a directive out of the brass it's always subject to who's in charge at the time. :duh: Rule of the day, flavor of the month, Yrc rules, Rdwy our way. I'm so confused. :hide:

Had to add this-- once got *** chewing for doing what I was told cuz that was'nt what Super really wanted done. :hysterical: :hysterical: :funky:

Super must have come from 671!! I love to hear, "You know what I ment to say"!!.............No.....I did WHAT you said. RDWY must really do some scouting or brainwashing to get some of these guys.:duh: DS.

Well as only a P&D driver , I don't cross them but use a bread bag tie to hold the chain togther. I ask, if the the Gif or back trailer comes loose, with the chains cross or straight, will it make a differance? I asked the Department Of Transportion in Virginia, but they don't care. So just make sure you have them hooked.

:funky: :funky: Well as only a P&D driver , I don't cross them but use a bread bag tie to hold the chain togther. I ask, if the the Gif or back trailer comes loose, with the chains cross or straight, will it make a differance? I asked the Department Of Transportion in Virginia, but they don't care. So just make sure you have them hooked.

Well as only a P&D driver , I don't cross them but use a bread bag tie to hold the chain togther. I ask, if the the Gif or back trailer comes loose, with the chains cross or straight, will it make a differance? I asked the Department Of Transportion in Virginia, but they don't care. So just make sure you have them hooked.

Hey Docksteward, thanks for the welcome, I really appreciate it!
Bread Ties...kinda' a joke. Bread ties have nothing to do with it, but I was just doing a comparison because we have no safety meetings and no concern of safety in our barn. I:duh: don't take this lightly, but it appears that sometimes management or the DOT does. :)

Hey Docksteward, thanks for the welcome, I really appreciate it!
Bread Ties...kinda' a joke. Bread ties have nothing to do with it, but I was just doing a comparison because we have no safety meetings and no concern of safety in our barn. I:duh: don't take this lightly, but it appears that sometimes management or the DOT does. :)
OK.......:hysterical: give me a minute, I'm a little slow tonight. Lately I have seen some sets come into 671 with a plastic zip tie on them?!? All I have to do is give the chain a quick pull and it breaks the tie. That's what I was thinking about. DS.

chains

Had a TM order a case of safety clips at are barn , only hand full of driver use them , :1036316054:

OK.......:hysterical: give me a minute, I'm a little slow tonight. Lately I have seen some sets come into 671 with a plastic zip tie on them?!? All I have to do is give the chain a quick pull and it breaks the tie. That's what I was thinking about. DS.
thats what happens when you have to many of these.
coors5.jpg