ODFL | Safety problems

What are the biggest safety issues you face every day ?
I’m not sure if it’s considered Safety, but placards. And of course like on the other thread, yard speed. Especially by the hostler’s at certain terminals. Construction zones with the barrels misplaced.

Just jumping in that truck.. Everyone gets paid, but not everyone is a professional!! People take their safty for granted, both in the cab and outside the cab.

Not a safety issue.And I can't find the "what do you love/hate about working here?" thread.When you have a bad load in your route trailer and they ask you to send pictures so they can "have a meeting".How many times I gotta do this?

Linehaul managers/dispatchers that knowlingly send out defective equipment (Slack adjuster not connected and reported and written up) but sends it out with a new driver...total lack of pre trip and post trips. I thought we were better than other LTL companies..

Totally agree, this happened just 2 days ago....

I’m not sure if it’s considered Safety, but placards. And of course like on the other thread, yard speed. Especially by the hostler’s at certain terminals. Construction zones with the barrels misplaced.

Can you let me know when that certain hostler in your yard who texts and plays chicken with trucks rolls a trailer on the back corner? I want to tell T I told you so. Throw homie back on the dock.

Linehaul managers/dispatchers that knowlingly send out defective equipment (Slack adjuster not connected and reported and written up) but sends it out with a new driver...total lack of pre trip and post trips. I thought we were better than other LTL companies..

I heard about you causing trouble.

392.3 Your job should you decide to accept it, is to use Rule392.3. Understand it. Understand what you have to do to convince the boss it is against the law to drive it until it is fixed. Real simple to do. If you pull a defective piece of equipment after you have notified management IN WRITING, you & only you will suffer the greatest because of your decision, REGARDLESS of how much pressure they put on you. Here is a link to cases he has litigated. Several are about refusing to operate bad equipment. Stand up for yourself, nobody else will. von.
http://www.truckersjusticecenter.com/significant-cases/

Thanks Von'''been around too long and know right from wrong and I appreciate my CDL un like the steeringwheel holders we now have out in the PNW. Lack of pre and post trip inspections allows them to tell the officers I didnt know it was bad equipment..the ol ostridge head buried in the sand routine. Besides they think they are making brownie points with dispatchers so that way they can get what runs they want. If your are an older (mature) driver it seems that out here they dont want you around anymore because we know too much Guess. The younger and less experiencd you are the better you have it. I will not drive a defective piece of equipment period. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN....

Thanks Von'''been around too long and know right from wrong and I appreciate my CDL un like the steeringwheel holders we now have out in the PNW. Lack of pre and post trip inspections allows them to tell the officers I didnt know it was bad equipment..the ol ostridge head buried in the sand routine. Besides they think they are making brownie points with dispatchers so that way they can get what runs they want. If your are an older (mature) driver it seems that out here they dont want you around anymore because we know too much Guess. The younger and less experiencd you are the better you have it. I will not drive a defective piece of equipment period. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN....
It’s not just the PNW, it’s all over. Yes the younger generations of driver’s are different. Majority of the driver’s that I work around and with, value Safety and safe equipment.

You can tell the officers anything you want,but in an accident,your fault or not,it’s all on you. Lights,tires,and brakes. The biggest 3 defects found,and pretty much the easiest to check....

Thanks Von'''been around too long and know right from wrong and I appreciate my CDL un like the steeringwheel holders we now have out in the PNW. Lack of pre and post trip inspections allows them to tell the officers I didnt know it was bad equipment..the ol ostridge head buried in the sand routine. Besides they think they are making brownie points with dispatchers so that way they can get what runs they want. If your are an older (mature) driver it seems that out here they don't want you around anymore because we know too much Guess. The younger and less experiencd you are the better you have it. I will not drive a defective piece of equipment period. KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN....
More than anything else practice the Boy Scout Motto.' Be Prepared '. When you confront the boss & stand your ground, show him past practice or the accident with an 8 figure jury award because of death & injury when someone drove defective equipment. Another way to look @ it. If you operate bad equipment, & your decision is the cause & effect of death & destruction, & when the dust finally settles, you will not be hired by anyone in this industry. You will start your new career field out of the transportation field. But remember, you can't start your new job until you are released from prison. von.