ABF | safety

GO40

TB Legend
Credits
Friday we had 2 inches of sleet & freezing rain came to work on my bid time and dispatch informed me that there was a truck ban & my responce was why are we here? I don't know was the answer i got and the terminal manager said use the back roads to get where you need to be....What? Because of his incompetence he want's us to risk our safety along with other motorist.... freight over family, you can tell this guy came from Yellow....

I was informed on Thursday afternoon that Carlisle was not bringing any freight up, so no freight to deliver, so no work...we got the same 2 inches of sleet and ice here....of course our manager still waited till 8 to tell us we weren't working...I would have asked the TM if he understood what truck ban met....SMH

Typical.

I run way too many loads in the teeth of storms and arrive at the customer.

DAMN IT YER HERE> OMG!!!!

And good morning to you bastard. I take it you are not taking trucks today.

HELL NO.

A few inches of flurries around...

I used to roast dispatch so bad.

Unit number?

Where you at?

Oh really? WHY?!

Why not, its what you said to be today this morning at 8 am. So what if its three feet?
\
WTF driver etc. I am bringing safety into this call, please hold.

Sheesh.

I was informed on Thursday afternoon that Carlisle was not bringing any freight up, so no freight to deliver, so no work...we got the same 2 inches of sleet and ice here....of course our manager still waited till 8 to tell us we weren't working...I would have asked the TM if he understood what truck ban met....SMH
He thinks rules don’t apply to him. He also ran our 3 ue drivers & even had a set come in from Carlisle. This company never ran in bad weather now because we are so busy they pick freight over safety….

Post rule 392.3. Then post cases won by Paul Taylor under the STA Act. Put it on the union board. Let your BA know what is going on. Call safety @ the fort let them know what is going on. E-mail them or send a certified letter. von.

Friday we had 2 inches of sleet & freezing rain came to work on my bid time and dispatch informed me that there was a truck ban & my responce was why are we here? I don't know was the answer i got and the terminal manager said use the back roads to get where you need to be....What? Because of his incompetence he want's us to risk our safety along with other motorist.... freight over family, you can tell this guy came from Yellow....
Maybe your dispatcher and terminal manager should catch up on their reading.

22982F4B-E0B2-40DD-BF23-DB430D9EEC65.md.jpg

The steward should be made aware of this law, the successful cases effecting truck drivers. Trust me. There is a case with ABF that was a win for the driver. And ABF Safety knows this rule very well. The quickest way to get a dispatcher to stop violating your rights & safety is for him to receive a phone call from Safety @ the Fort. But, YOU have to do something about it. Don't talk about it. Act on it. von.

The 7th Circuit court in Chicago has ruled you have no case until you have a loss of money or vacation time. A Letter from ABF is not a loss. Whether you win it or not. But, your BA should step in or a simple call to Safety @ the Fort should do it. When you tell Safety you are ready to file a STA complaint, they will take care of the problem. I know from past ABF experience, ABF does NOT want any government agency crawling thru their books. A successful complaint to the Indiana OSHA office over lighting in the yard @ 5050 12 years ago proved that. von.

Maybe he has been watching Ice Road Truckers. :17142: