SAIA | Saia buys a company!

Heard Saia just bought another small company. Anybody got any information on who it is.

There's nothing on their website about it Skeeter. I would think if it were true it would have been there.

Anyone else have any information about this?

This is my prediction.....Pitt Ohio buys Land Air. They have already integrated internal computer systems.

This happens by end of 2007 and creates a new northeast regional. Then sometime in 2008 SAIA buys the new Pitt Ohio-Land Air creation.

I am not always 100% on the money, but I did call the demise of Dugan and Bestway. The only area I fell short on that one was saying they would discontinue long haul services within the USF companies.

So lets see what happens here.

There's nothing on their website about it Skeeter. I would think if it were true it would have been there.

Anyone else have any information about this?

OK, I predict they did buy a small company. Remember where you heard it first. :1036316054:

This is my prediction.....Pitt Ohio buys Land Air. They have already integrated internal computer systems.

This happens by end of 2007 and creates a new northeast regional. Then sometime in 2008 SAIA buys the new Pitt Ohio-Land Air creation.

I am not always 100% on the money, but I did call the demise of Dugan and Bestway. The only area I fell short on that one was saying they would discontinue long haul services within the USF companies.

So lets see what happens here.

Interesting. With the loss of Holland freight Land Air will have to do something to grow business. Maybe this is it?

Is LandAir now the interline agent in the Northeast for Pitt Ohio?

Interesting. With the loss of Holland freight Land Air will have to do something to grow business. Maybe this is it?

Is LandAir now the interline agent in the Northeast for Pitt Ohio?

Yes they are. That connection is already there. The SAIA connection is pure speculation on my part

Saia also recently purchased the complete operations of The Connection, a Columbus, OH based carrier with terminals in MI, IN, OH and KY (18 or so total I think). Much larger company that Madison Freight, who only had 4 total terminals, all in WI.

There is no doubt that Saia wants 48 state coverage and is willing to pay for it.

Saia also recently purchased the complete operations of The Connection, a Columbus, OH based carrier with terminals in MI, IN, OH and KY (18 or so total I think). Much larger company that Madison Freight, who only had 4 total terminals, all in WI.

There is no doubt that Saia wants 48 state coverage and is willing to pay for it.

Connection and Madison Frt. are both old news from a couple of months ago or more!!

Pitt Ohio is not buying Land Air and they do not have intergrated computer system! They are interline carrier and that is all. They interline with more then 10 Companies and that does not mean that they are going to be bought out! We do ou get you're info from???? How do i know? Because i work at Land Air and deal with all of the interlines!

Pitt Ohio is not buying Land Air and they do not have intergrated computer system! They are interline carrier and that is all. They interline with more then 10 Companies and that does not mean that they are going to be bought out! We do ou get you're info from???? How do i know? Because i work at Land Air and deal with all of the interlines!

I heard it from a billing clerk who bills for Land Air. That is where I get my information from. Based on your location, may even be a biller that you know. SO please double check with your girls and then get back to me.

Not sure when the last time you went and rated a bill, but, hey I can be wrong.

Liar, liar pants in fire......Dude I will never believe a word you say

Well, I work for WARD and have absolutely no complaints. True, we don't get overtime ,but, seldom do I really notice seeing as how on the linehaul side of things we are getting .51 a mile. I have a 408 mile run each night plus whatever time I might get working on the dock or jockeying ,so, I am very happy with the job and am not 1 of these guys who is going to whine and complain about every little thing. To answer 1 of the questions.....nobody HAS to work the dock ,but, if u want dock time then you can easily get it. As a city driver your trailer is loaded already when u get in to work in the morning and your tractor and trailer already hooked and fueled. When u get back to the terminal each night your trailer is stripped by the dock crew. Any other questions? Please feel free to ask!

This was from YOUR post two days ago. Which one is it, do you work for Ward or Land Air..wait....never mind...I do not believe you anyway.

Sucks getting your own words shoved down your pie hole.
:smilie_132:

Jim Joe - No doubt that the Connection purchase is old news. But there are probably some folks who did not know about it.

If WardDriver 80 works at Land Air, if I call myself LandAir80, does that mean I work for Ward??????????

i'm so confused!!!

Jim Joe - No doubt that the Connection purchase is old news. But there are probably some folks who did not know about it.

If WardDriver 80 works at Land Air, if I call myself LandAir80, does that mean I work for Ward??????????

i'm so confused!!!

It sure did get quiet in here fast, didn't it Puck. People do not like getting caught in their own b.s.

Saia!
Just heard RUMOR UPS might buy Saia.
Someone saw a memo from shop that re-branding was on hold pending acquisition of another company.

Heard AFB won't sell to a nonunion company. Being how UPSF is nonunion.

Anyone else see this one in UPS Freight?

DHL is going to buy ABF. Much better operator. if they can't get that done, they might look at Saia perhaps.

UPS will not buy Saia. They already have that network in place with UPSF. Nothing to be gained. Plus, buying another non-union carrier will do nothing but make the Teamsters even madder than they are already are about the old Overnite...which is plenty darn mad.

Signed - LandAir80 (I work for Ward)