SAIA | Saia Buys Madison Freight Systems

rellie777

TB Lurker
Credits
This newest acquisition will allow Saia to offer 100% direct coverage to Wisconsin. The integration is expected to be completed by April. At that time, Saia will operate from 151 terminals in 34 states.

iwork for pjax and saia tried to buy us,but they wantded to close our corporate office so the owners would not go for it,so they sold to vitran.i think they made a mistake

I cut my teeth at MFS in 83 when they had 5-6 guys and operated out of a 2 door operation.
The grandpa that started it, Sol was 1st class guy. Arron, his son was well hard to describe. He did marry a multi- millionaire. Larry was a hoot. Playboy in school, hired his loser buddies to work. Threw some hellava parties. Deregulation got them going. They started out delivering small pkgs. and then air freight and lost luggage.
Company almost went under in the late 80's but the Jewish Mafia stepped in. Saw them open MKE. terminal and then Fox Valley.

Worked with some real good guys and some real winners. Hope the best for some of my good friends still there but in a buyout who knows what's gonna happen.

I have been seeing MFS trucks with the Saia decal over it. Nice guys to deal with in the brewcity. They are in Roadways old terminal on 6th st.

i dont work for saia but idid work mfs for 9 years it was a good company to work for when i started but after 9 years was time to move on some drivers still worked for them when i did and wernt too thrilled about the buyout some didnt get offered a job some did and wish they didnt get hired not happy mfs campers i hear :funky: :nutkick: