SAIA | Saia Buys Partner for $17.5 Million (AP via Yahoo! Finance)

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
Trucking company Saia Inc. said Monday it paid $17.5 million for Connection Co., a less-than-truckload transportation company that expands Saia's reach into major Midwestern markets.

More...

Looks like this will be a real win for our Midwest and Mid South Terminals. Same here in the Northwest no one is being cut.

Hadda sneakin' suspicion

Revived another thread where we were talking about this. It seemed pretty close back in the summer. In talking to our regional manager, all he could say is that something seemed in the works because of certain internal restructurings. He might have known, but was not at liberty to speak until the official announcement was made.

Little overlap

Looks like according to the connection company website that the only overlap point is in chicago and if the business grows sufficiently who knows what would occur with that facility

I had seen on their website where they had started offering service to the Nashville Metro area. One might wonder if that comes to a halt and it is interlined(if that is the correct term given the circumstances) with Saia. Are those points drop off points like Jevic did with us?

I had seen on their website where they had started offering service to the Nashville Metro area. One might wonder if that comes to a halt and it is interlined(if that is the correct term given the circumstances) with Saia. Are those points drop off points like Jevic did with us?
if your talking about the "the connection" as of Feb 08 they will be called Saia.(if not sooner)

Well, they are(were) a partner carrier. Nothing was generally said as to where the meet point is(was).
Just wondering about overlap as sometimes bad stuff happens to good people when these mergers occur. Hoping in this case that all that happens is we have an extra facility in the overlap area that makes the work load lighter for all concerned. Looking at the Chicagoland area it doesn't look like you can have too many terminals/service centers.

Welcome to the family

Hope you guys know how to work hard, cuz that is what management is all about. The numbers gotta look right before anything else happens.

Just a note

If the guys at your barn have been sloppy on proceedure, now would be a good time to start dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Company goals will be met and trust me, it can be painful. Do things right and get used to doing them right. CYA