Yellow | Saia buys YRC Harrisburgh Terminal ?

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
I heard last night at 104 that Saia has bought the harrisburgh pa terminal ? Take a look at that stock price.. up 9% on the year and over 80% in the last year. Thats a profitable company. A YRC killer !

Add that to the space they gave up to walmart at 123 maybrook and you can clearly see why we have lost $24 million through 5 quarters. We have ailenated customers by destroying the freight not making the daily pick ups and not delivering on time.

Add that to the space they gave up to walmart at 123 maybrook and you can clearly see why we have lost $24 million through 5 quarters. We have ailenated customers by destroying the freight not making the daily pick ups and not delivering on time.

Wasn't the Maybrook use just a temporary thing while Walmart renovated some stores?

Walmart is nearly done with the 123 terminal however YRC is now putting up a for lease sign on 208 near the terminal and they collect rent from a carrier who drops container trailers in the yard.

Walmart is nearly done with the 123 terminal however YRC is now putting up a for lease sign on 208 near the terminal and they collect rent from a carrier who drops container trailers in the yard.

If it's unused space I don't see the issue. And if it brings in a little extra revenue it's a good thing isn't it?

what you miss is that 123 is a break bulk 315 doors. To be able to give about 1/5th of your dock space so you can lease it to a retailer who is doing rennovations to their stores isnt a bad thing but if you had the workload you would never even contemplate leasing out space. Missing the pick ups, destroying the freight, not making the deliveries on time. When the merger happened at 104 which is about 94 miles north of 123, we had 56 men on bid. Now we are under 25. Not 1 new hire in over 2 years and he lasted maybe 3 months until he was pushed out the door by management cutting his hours to 8 a day while the other dock workers got 10-12 a day. He now works next door to 104 at Estes. It literally is next door.

what you miss is that 123 is a break bulk 315 doors. To be able to give about 1/5th of your dock space so you can lease it to a retailer who is doing rennovations to their stores isnt a bad thing but if you had the workload you would never even contemplate leasing out space. Missing the pick ups, destroying the freight, not making the deliveries on time. When the merger happened at 104 which is about 94 miles north of 123, we had 56 men on bid. Now we are under 25. Not 1 new hire in over 2 years and he lasted maybe 3 months until he was pushed out the door by management cutting his hours to 8 a day while the other dock workers got 10-12 a day. He now works next door to 104 at Estes. It literally is next door.

I don't think I'm missing anything. If the space - yard or dock - isn't being utilized it seems to make sense to get some revenue from leasing it temporarily. That in itself isn't stopping the company from handling additional freight volume. If the freight picks up and they hire additional people to handle it I'm sure the leased space will be reclaimed for our own use.

Saia will be quite happy to employ you as long as you're okay with the camera in your face getting you suspended or fired for any minor infraction.

And that happened to a 7 year hard worker in Atlanta .Told him it was obvious he was talking on his blue tooth.
ALSO ONE HAD A COUPLE HUNDRED CASES OF INSIDE DELIVERY AND COULDN'T FIND A HAND TRUCK.HE TOLD THE TERMINAL MANAGER AND HE TOLD HIM SHI T OUTA LUCK.

THEY ALSO DON'T LAY OFF BY SENIORITY .RUNAWAY TRAIN WAS A BIG SUPPORTER OF THAT PRACTICE.

I have to say that I believe it depends on your service area and terminal manager that dictates how crappie or bearable the environment you work in is the cameras suck however the new trucks they turned down sensitivity so it doesn’t go off as often and while the Bluetooth thing sucks it is what it is every company I’ve been with (Estes,A.Duie Pyle,FedEx Freight) all have had issues in their own rights. Believe it or not if you’re near bottom of the totem pole at YRC you could get yourself a good spot on the road board at SAIA especially with some guys already looking to jump ship after the news

I heard last night at 104 that Saia has bought the harrisburgh pa terminal ? Take a look at that stock price.. up 9% on the year and over 80% in the last year. Thats a profitable company. A YRC killer !
Location, location, location. The best of the system. I can't believe they would sell off the crown jewel of Roadway. Is nothing sacred? I hope they kept the oil tank.

Location, location, location. The best of the system. I can't believe they would sell off the crown jewel of Roadway. Is nothing sacred? I hope they kept the oil tank.
We get fuel delivered. They haven't used that on site Fuel storage tank since before the Merger.