Yellow | Saia buys YRC Harrisburgh Terminal ?

Wow!! You don.t have a full dock either
The Harrisburg SAIA deal is on hold. They want to have a separate entrance to go out to intersect at the traffic light on route 11 when you first come off 81 north and they want to build a garage and actually they said they’re just waiting for us to go out of business during the strike in April 2019 and then they will buy whole place.

The Harrisburg SAIA deal is on hold. They want to have a separate entrance to go out to intersect at the traffic light on route 11 when you first come off 81 north and they want to build a garage and actually they said they’re just waiting for us to go out of business during the strike in April 2019 and then they will buy whole place.
Kinda arrigant of them ain't it? Now that's being smug!

Kinda arrigant of them ain't it? Now that's being smug!
AJ it’s on hold because they want to build the garage and access road out to US 11. They don’t want their guys mingling with us. Plus, they’re concerned that if you guys strike in 2019, that it would be hard for them to drive past the pickets. They have already said they would buy the entire place. They have Mt. Joy, Philadelphia, Allentown, Scranton, Pa. Newark, NJ, and Newburg, NY. I was on their site Thursday, they are in 40 States and use Partners for the others. They are kicking butt.

AJ it’s on hold because they want to build the garage and access road out to US 11. They don’t want their guys mingling with us. Plus, they’re concerned that if you guys strike in 2019, that it would be hard for them to drive past the pickets. They have already said they would buy the entire place. They have Mt. Joy, Philadelphia, Allentown, Scranton, Pa. Newark, NJ, and Newburg, NY. I was on their site Thursday, they are in 40 States and use Partners for the others. They are kicking butt.
Oh I know, The #4 sale person in the Company quit and went to their Allentown Terminal on Wednesday.
Al I know they have nowhere the debt we have but they can't haul the freight at the rates their giving for too long and stay in business.

Why not when you read how some YRC employees themselves want to see them "lock the gate" if they don't get what they want.
This goes against my better judgement responding to you but here goes,
Who owns YRCW? The banks, That's who. Who has been sucking the life out of this company for the past 10 years? The banks, That's who. Remember I'm not talking about how we got here, That's another issue.
Now do you really think that these investment houses and such are gonna let the YRC interest tit dry up? Remember this Company has no real assets, Nothing close to the 1 BILLION dollar debt we still have.
So If you were the real owners of this company what would you do in 2019? Lose MILLIONS of dollars in interest payments yearly and close the door or pay the workers what they are worth? (Within reason, were not talking about some wild demands like I keep hearing about.)
Remember for all the B.S. being talked about (And thrown about) among the work force the Company will do whatever the banks tell them at contract time.
So the real problem is the Banks. If they want to keep the cash coming in then they will have to, As the saying goes, Share the wealth.
Again, It seems to me that you have become the appoligist for Management. Reading your post I get the feeling at times it's coming right out of Overland Park. If not? Then it is strange as hell how you think as they do.
I know their position, What they & the Union need to understand is that the workforce has had enough of the give,Give, Give and then be told "Just be glad you have a job". That got old 8 years ago.
Waist? Oh the stories I could tell! But then again nobody in Upper Management wants to hear from us grunts. Hell we are not even a blip on their radar except at Contract time.
I have said this many times and it's worth saying again. People have had enough of YRC's :crap:! So both the Union & the Banks better damn sight remember that in April.
I could spend hours typing but I will stop here and let others chime in. Remember talking about these issues is a good thing. Get it off your chest, Lets both the Union & Management know what everyone is thinking. And right now the main thing I keep hearing is everybody is frustrated and feels a lot of lack of respect from Management.
Somewhere we have got to find common ground. Knowing that neither Management (I.E. the banks) or the Union will ever get 100% of what they want.

Honestly, I surprised and perplexed as to why they would want to be in with a Union Carrier at all ? I assume the Mt. Joy, Pa. terminal they're in is just to small and not strategically positioned as ours. Our p&d drivers talk with them at common stops, so they know more and pass it on to us (me). I know a few weeks back the Township did a traffic survey coming into the terminal counting traffic. As soon as they find the right Guy to pay-off along with the right #'s, it will move forward. That's exactly how we added onto Kearny on top of ground contaminated with Chromium. PA. is no different !

This goes against my better judgement responding to you but here goes,
Who owns YRCW? The banks, That's who. Who has been sucking the life out of this company for the past 10 years? The banks, That's who. Remember I'm not talking about how we got here, That's another issue.
Now do you really think that these investment houses and such are gonna let the YRC interest tit dry up? Remember this Company has no real assets, Nothing close to the 1 BILLION dollar debt we still have.
So If you were the real owners of this company what would you do in 2019? Lose MILLIONS of dollars in interest payments yearly and close the door or pay the workers what they are worth? (Within reason, were not talking about some wild demands like I keep hearing about.)
Remember for all the B.S. being talked about (And thrown about) among the work force the Company will do whatever the banks tell them at contract time.
So the real problem is the Banks. If they want to keep the cash coming in then they will have to, As the saying goes, Share the wealth.
Again, It seems to me that you have become the appoligist for Management. Reading your post I get the feeling at times it's coming right out of Overland Park. If not? Then it is strange as hell how you think as they do.
I know their position, What they & the Union need to understand is that the workforce has had enough of the give,Give, Give and then be told "Just be glad you have a job". That got old 8 years ago.
Waist? Oh the stories I could tell! But then again nobody in Upper Management wants to hear from us grunts. Hell we are not even a blip on their radar except at Contract time.
I have said this many times and it's worth saying again. People have had enough of YRC's :crap:! So both the Union & the Banks better damn sight remember that in April.
I could spend hours typing but I will stop here and let others chime in. Remember talking about these issues is a good thing. Get it off your chest, Lets both the Union & Management know what everyone is thinking. And right now the main thing I keep hearing is everybody is frustrated and feels a lot of lack of respect from Management.
Somewhere we have got to find common ground. Knowing that neither Management (I.E. the banks) or the Union will ever get 100% of what they want.

Banks don't own YRCW LV, the stockholders do. Banks set the conditions for the refinancing of the notes coming due so that they could continue operating and stay in business. But you knew that right?

PS - If posting facts about the situation or correcting someone's incorrect post makes me a company apologist in your eyes then so be it. Think whatever you want.

Banks don't own YRCW LV, the stockholders do. Banks set the conditions for the refinancing of the notes coming due so that they could continue operating and stay in business. But you knew that right?

PS - If posting facts about the situation or correcting someone's incorrect post makes me a company apologist in your eyes then so be it. Think whatever you want.
Does being called an apologist, mean your old???

Honestly, I surprised and perplexed as to why they would want to be in with a Union Carrier at all ? I assume the Mt. Joy, Pa. terminal they're in is just to small and not strategically positioned as ours. Our p&d drivers talk with them at common stops, so they know more and pass it on to us (me). I know a few weeks back the Township did a traffic survey coming into the terminal counting traffic. As soon as they find the right Guy to pay-off along with the right #'s, it will move forward. That's exactly how we added onto Kearny on top of ground contaminated with Chromium. PA. is no different !
The MT Joy terminal is owned by NEMF and supposedly they told Saia they would not renew the lease.

They are not in Newburg NY as of yet( no NY terminals)

They are not in Newburg NY as of yet( no NY terminals)
Okay, just going by what was on their web site. I'm not sure if they moved the N. Bergen terminal over to the former Carolina/FXF in Newark, on Delancey St. it's listed as Newark and they are looking for help in that terminal to increase the work force from 60-?, but I run Richmond and I'm out of the loop. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited: