SAIA | SAIA Driver seen rolled over in Tunnel wreck near LA

The word out of central dispatch is that our driver actually caused this.

ahh damn, that's a shame. i hope they're going off straight facts and not hearsay. and hopefully the police got the story correct instead of always trying to pin the blame on someone. im assuming management canned this guy ?

I don't see how the actions of one driver caused this. It had to be a combination of things. It's not like the Saia driver was going the wrong way.

Looks like a bunch of drivers were following to close. Complacency has gotten more people killed then anything else, never assume the traffic in front of you will continue moving

The word out of central dispatch is that our driver actually caused this.

I don’t see how our driver caused this… the accident started inside the tunnel and everything burned up… It looked to me the trailer was laying on its side outside the tunnel.. I guess its all gossip until the final word comes out!!

c.b.

IF DRIVERS LISTENED TO THEIR C.B"s MORE, AND THEIR XM"s LESS, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, THIS WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED! MORE COMMUNICATION IS NEEDED ON OUR ROADS,AND THE TRUCKERS ARE AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ,OUR ONLY TRAFFIC SAFETY NET..

IF DRIVERS LISTENED TO THEIR C.B"s MORE, AND THEIR XM"s LESS, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, THIS WOULDNT HAVE HAPPENED! MORE COMMUNICATION IS NEEDED ON OUR ROADS,AND THE TRUCKERS ARE AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ,OUR ONLY TRAFFIC SAFETY NET..

1 super ,
you may have a point there !
That's one reason I STILL leave my CB on & I use it . I don't have a problem telling folks when I see UNSAFE & potential problems . A quick shout on the radio can slow down oncoming traffic.

According to LA Times on Wed 17th, they are saying trucks were going around after the the initial crash. Read the article at LATIMES.COM