SAIA | Saia has lost overall 100+ driver

My parents taught me to never be pretentious. I guess I failed somewhere along the line with my own children.
Naw Train wouldn't say that they don't come with a instruction book and you can only hope for the best, they will awake some day to real life. This is not a cut on your kids in no way shape or form just saying what mine finally found out and now is all good

Dirty Rose may have been asking about the rumors of another union push for DLS and also Charlotte.
It was squelched rather quickly in Dallas. They could never get the votes and the Teamsters know it. Same song as with FedEx. No leverage. They aren't stupid enough to waste any more of the members money although they are pretty stupid under Hoffa Jr. But after the FedEx beat down they are pretty butt hurt.

The opening for the union is not money related and neither is that gossip reported big powwow in ATL this weekend. A self inflicted gunshot hurts just as much as one where someone else has pulled the trigger.
It is money related if they ever got in. That's why the company must be pro-active to keep them out. If we want an operation ratio like XPO (84) or Old Dominion (81) you must remain union free. You know that Dracula. We much have a level playing field with our competition.

Last edited:
It was squelched rather quickly in Dallas. They could never get the votes and the Teamsters know it. Same song as with FedEx. No leverage. They aren't stupid enough to waste any more of the members money although they are pretty stupid under Hoffa Jr. But after the FedEx beat down they are pretty butt hurt.

It is money related if they ever got in. That's why the company must be pro-active to keep them out. If we want an operation ratio like XPO (84) or Old Dominion (81) you must remain union free. You know that Dracula. We much have a level playing field with our competition.
you missed my point. The union can't crack the Saia wall by attacking the companies financial situation but they may find a way in because of the truck camera situation, the goofy way that the coaching is being handled, and then the write ups and days off that follow the coaching. People are pissed. They may not want to take it somewhere else, they may be willing to sign a card now, and Saia management has no one to blame but themselves. Self inflicted gunshot.

One option for pissed off drivers is to take it or leave it. However,what can the company do, if these same drivers choose door #2. What if they stay and start signing cards. The company can't do legal ::shit:: about it an there is an army of shark lawyers just begging for a chance to feed at the Saia trough of possible wrongful termination cases.

If Saia asked my opinion, which they will not but I'll throw it in for free, I would suggest a merit based system of whose truck cameras are turned on and whose cameras are not. A driver, who has x amount, of accident free miles or years, no camera. Everyone below the x level, the cameras are on until the driver crosses the x threshold.

One option for pissed off drivers is to take it or leave it. However,what can the company do, if these same drivers choose door #2. What if they stay and start signing cards. The company can't do legal :::shit::: about it an there is an army of shark lawyers just begging for a chance to feed at the Saia trough of possible wrongful termination cases.

If Saia asked my opinion, which they will not but I'll throw it in for free, I would suggest a merit based system of whose truck cameras are turned on and whose cameras are not. A driver, who has x amount, of accident free miles or years, no camera. Everyone below the x level, the cameras are on until the driver crosses the x threshold.

This may be just another tool in the company's corner.
For years companies have thrived on the idea of keeping discontent among their employees, where this exists, you start
to loose leverage.