Saia has lost overall 100+ driver

Discussion in 'Saia' started by Dirtyrose, Apr 28, 2017.

1. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

And rightfully so. And people wonder why the company has DriveCam. He never would forward me the video. That was a smart move for such a dumb ass. BTW. The truck wasn't equipped with DriveCam.

2. othertrucker2001

othertrucker2001 Professional Flummoxer

Does OD allow drivers to use the phone thru Bluetooth?

3. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

I have no idea, don't think Billy does!
    I don't have a dog in this hunt, I just think cameras are going to be in trucking's future period.
    I also can not see why Saia drivers can't focus on their driving and use a CB or cel phone like any other drivers.
    You meet 10 police or hiway patrol and 8 will have a cel phone stuck in their ear.

4. PhilWilliams

PhilWilliams New Member

It seems for most of us the driver portal for the lytex camera has been disabled.

5. PistonRing83

PistonRing83 Well-Known Member

Yes they do allow Bluetooth and CB use at Old Dominion. Pretty much any reasonable company does.

Not sure why BillyLo got brought into this, but I've read the OD forum long enough to know that his opinion on anything is worth about as much as a used roll of toilet paper...

seabreeze likes this.
  6. othertrucker2001

You don't see too many cop cars wrecking and taking out innocent people. When they do, it's either covered up, blown away, swept under the rug, or proven to be someone else's fault. The media is, however OBSESSED with bashing truckers and trucking companies. Cue the cameras. They will ALWAYS be in corporate trucks, sooner or later. Then one day all freight will be controlled be the railways system and all trucks will be forced to haul for them, and you'll have a camera in your truck, or NOT HAUL ANYTHING.

7. Jo mama Angie daddy

Jo mama Angie daddy Member

Took your great advice and got the answer I assumed I would. "We will have to check with Lytx about that". Weeks later and crickets

8. othertrucker2001

Push the issue.

9. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Member

Rolled by the Albuquerque terminal after my face-to-face with Estes yesterday. They're packed and not hiring anybody at that terminal.