SAIA | Saia has lost overall 100+ driver

It seemed like just a few years ago nothing bad was mentioned about Saia, but things seem much different now. I've never worked for Saia and I'm not trying to talk negative about a company but I was considering them along with another ltl company and this is making me think twice. I've also noticed that Saia is hiring for both local and line haul positions in my area so it makes me wonder if drivers are quitting because of the changes.

It seemed like just a few years ago nothing bad was mentioned about Saia, but things seem much different now. I've never worked for Saia and I'm not trying to talk negative about a company but I was considering them along with another ltl company and this is making me think twice. I've also noticed that Saia is hiring for both local and line haul positions in my area so it makes me wonder if drivers are quitting because of the changes.
SAIA has changed with the new technology but it is still a great job and a very stable company. Some of the older guys are having trouble adapting and some are quitting because of the cameras. The younger guys are moving up and adapting very well. Maybe because they never knew the old SAIA but who knows and personally I really don't care. This is the best job I've ever had and I'm extremely grateful.

ZYVtc3P.jpg

It's all about finding contentment in your life.

Sorry guys to bore you with my philosophical approach to life. I shall now retreat. Goodnight ladies and gentleman. I hope it didn't hurt you too much. This stuff isn't trending on truckingboards and I realize truckers have more important things to do. So I'm done. Carry on.

Last edited:
Give train some time and he comes back with an answer. Thank You. There is one metric, whereby everyone can judge for themselves, if the camera situation is causing drivers to leave. The camera debate has been going on for awhile. Three months ago the company made it a point, to take time at the last quarterly meetings and before that sent postcards home to the missus, to reassure everyone that the cameras are there for the drivers protection. The next round of quarterly meetings should be held in the next few weeks. If there is a problem, the company will address the issue again, meaning that the situation just will not die. Let's see.

Dracula Is this the metric you where talking about?

Job Fair – Dallas Driver – Line Haul Driver - Max $7,500 Sign On Bonus

They should have kept the good ones that they ran off
It was inevitable that some would leave because of the cameras. SAIA didn't run them off. They simply couldn't adapt to this safety change. And make no mistake these cameras are all about safety and nothing else. Cell phone usage was out of control and it had to be addressed. Distracted driving is a major problem and cell phones are the biggest problem. Bluetooth devices are our drivers biggest bitch because they are legal and everyone else allows them for the most part. Well, SAIA doesn't follow the pack. I have posted numerous links on how Bluetooth devices are still distracting. This is cutting edge technology that many have embraced. It's for your safety and like it or not they are here to stay. SAIA didn't spend all this money on this technology for no reason. Safety will always be part of the SAIA CULTURE.