SAIA | SAIA Hiring

Cerberus

TB Lurker
Credits
Just giving the heads up and letting anyone and everyone that SAIA is hiring here in Jax Fl. They are hiring for linehaul , local and warehouse work. Good luck to anybody who decides to look into them. :smilie_132:

Just giving the heads up and letting anyone and everyone that SAIA is hiring here in Jax Fl. They are hiring for linehaul , local and warehouse work. Good luck to anybody who decides to look into them. :smilie_132:

Cerberus :smilie_132:

Could be that SAIA is picking up some of the
freight FedEx Freight is giving away.

:popcorn:

Hmmm Hiring?

Hey here in southern Indiana, SAIA has posted online that they need all three position,s filled.I have my application in at
the Saia Inc. LTL Carrier site.Submitted that app about mid
01/2009.I put in for linehaul,I checked site a week and a day
later they added the p&d to my qualification.So my question
is;what do I have to do to get a phone call from SAIA? They
reposted all three job's again on 01/30/09 on a trucking blog.
Laid-off from YRC corp I need stability for my 3 kids and fulltime Wife/mom. Any sugestion's will be appreciated.I've
heard Saia is good company to work for.Thank you in ad-
vance.:smillie_flag:

I would call the terminal manager and see if you could schedule an interview. The only thing I see against you is you are a union member. We have a few ex teamsters working here though....I wish you all the best of luck with getting hired! I'm very happy working here.

The best thing to do is if you know anyone and I mean anyone who works for Saia to put in a word for you!! Saia loves to hire people who have a recommendation !!

What freight is FedEx giving away?

Top Flight :smilie_132:

Probably mostly cheap freight.
Or freight that does not pay enough
on certain lanes for exclusive use.
The fact that FedEx Freight is laying off
people and Saia is hiring, should
tell you something.
Just a guess, no facts.

:duh:

Do you think many people from the East know that EZTDBW means. I never did get my award. :(

Fedex_employee :smilie_132:

I doubt it, although I suppose they can probably
try to figure it out.
If they Google it, they would find the answer:
I don't think Viking will come after me for
trade mark infringement. :biglaugh:

FedEx Freight | About FedEx Freight | Press Releases
Viking Freight Honored Twice With Quality Awards;Regional Carrier Wins Ninth Quest for Quality Award and Pacific BellDirectory's Gold Award. | Operations > Quality Control from AllBusiness.com

Fedex_employee :smilie_132:

I doubt it, although I suppose they can probably
try to figure it out.
If they Google it, they would find the answer:
I don't think Viking will come after me for
trade mark infringement. :biglaugh:

Viking Freight Honored Twice With Quality Awards;Regional Carrier Wins Ninth Quest for Quality Award and Pacific BellDirectory's Gold Award. | Operations > Quality Control from AllBusiness.com

River17 I'm not picking you out here by quoting you, but I have to make a point here.... If anyone has a contribution to this thread title, then by all means post it, but take all outside company conversation to your own board

River17 I'm not picking you out here by quoting you, but I have to make a point here.... If anyone has a contribution to this thread title, then by all means post it, but take all outside company conversation to your own board

ls57racer :smilie_132:

I was just answering a question by FedEx Employee.
In a prior post I was answering why SAIA might be hiring
while other LTL's are laying off people.
I don't think it could hurt the SAIA folks
to broaden their horizons, by having input from others
outside their little click.
As long as it is constructive.

Understood Sir.... with that said We have to be cafeful here ,not to turn this into a Fed-Ex employee conversations..... Carry on

Watch the postings for jobs in Florida with Saia, if it is something that was found on the FL State Workforce for innovation website it is an error, they pull information from websites that allow online applications to be completed (such as Saia's) and automatically list it as openings on the workforce website... just an oversite on their part in the efforts to provide information for prospective applicants. The same thing happen with pepsico in florida about a month or so ago, their website allows online apps to be completed and the workforce group mistakenly plugged that as open positions on their website..

Best thing to do is call the local facility for the employer and see if it is infact true.

Hope this helps...

River17 I am so glad you graced us with your presents!! We are a small mined “little click” over here!! I welcome all who have the patience and knowledge to help us broaden our horizons!! Most of us are somewhere between Ape and Caveman!! Just last week I learned how to walk upright!! If you could please sir keep the “input” coming just not to fast!! I get headaches when I think to much!!:mfight::eck13:

Hey here in southern Indiana, SAIA has posted online that they need all three position,s filled.I have my application in at
the Saia Inc. LTL Carrier site.Submitted that app about mid
01/2009.I put in for linehaul,I checked site a week and a day
later they added the p&d to my qualification.So my question
is;what do I have to do to get a phone call from SAIA? They
reposted all three job's again on 01/30/09 on a trucking blog.
Laid-off from YRC corp I need stability for my 3 kids and fulltime Wife/mom. Any sugestion's will be appreciated.I've
heard Saia is good company to work for.Thank you in ad-
vance.:smillie_flag:

I don't want to bust your bubble, but when you go to the Saia site and say job openings, there aren't any. We are not hiring at my terminal.

River17 I am so glad you graced us with your presents!! We are a small mined “little click” over here!! I welcome all who have the patience and knowledge to help us broaden our horizons!! Most of us are somewhere between Ape and Caveman!! Just last week I learned how to walk upright!! If you could please sir keep the “input” coming just not to fast!! I get headaches when I think to much!!:mfight::eck13:

DANCING CHICKEN :smilie_132:

Just remember that one of the attributes that TB is looking for in a moderator is thick skin.
I think the word you were looking for was presence
since I did not actually bring any presents.
Good luck with your nomination and campaign.

:clap:

Jacksonville FL

Well from my experience is I worked at the Jax terminal for 11 years and the company great the human resource guy their iis a back stabbing person and the Operational manager is also a weasel they will treat you like **** but the TM is a good person any terminal but this one would be good i would say. My friends who run out of this yard barely get to run all the time much less be hiring. Some one posted an error