SAIA | Saia in trouble??

Such a DWEEB!

Heard a rumor that Saia is in major trouble financially. Any truth to that?

Lets all just STOP all this Freaking crap untill there is Proof about a company in trouble.

This kind of postings and rumors are just uncalled for and the Moderators should delete ASAP unless of course there is PROOF to back up such nonsense.

The people that start threads like this need to LOSE their job and see how funny it is!:chairshot::chairshot:

I heard a rumor that Flying J is closing the doors because all trucking companies are ceasing operations next week. That is about how outlandish the rumors are becoming!!:chairshot:

I think in the last quarterly meeting the powers that be said we are doing just fine!! They are ordering more trucks in anticipation of some companies not being able to weather the storm!! I think its one of those rumors that someone told someone else then he told a buddy now it’s a fact!!

For crying out loud not another negavite rumor?
Whats going on with somebody on a few LTL trucking company forums posting this negative stuff about being in trouble?

This kind of idea may start out as the spark that burns your company to the ground.

This kind of thing starts out as a (I heard),or (has anyone heard)
Then as it gets going everyone puts their own little twist to it,and before very long its going to your customers.
They don't want to have their freight caught in your system when you go belly up.
So they start using other trucking companies.
With out freight to run down the road your business is done.

The best thing to do if you hear some negative idea about your company is to just tell the one who's saying it.
To keep it to themselves you don't want to hear it.
Case closed!

Just my opinion,I'm retired now from just over 45 years as a city driver.
My last 22 with Overnite/UPS Freight.
I worked for 15 different companies in that time period,and saw what rumors did to a lot of them.
Which there are only 2 of the 15 companies still operating if you get my drift!

Just to make a point, it was rumored there was icebergs near the Titanic. Rumor had nothing to do with her going down. This is just an opinion and it won't be popular but I really think you guys are making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. The rumor may be the last straw but does anyone really believe that it was what causes a company to fail. I don't know the original posters intent, but I'm not so sure any of you did either. Maybe he was trying to make some career decisions and for that he is called a dweeb and howls for his banisment.

Just to make a point, it was rumored there was icebergs near the Titanic. Rumor had nothing to do with her going down. This is just an opinion and it won't be popular but I really think you guys are making a bigger deal out of it than it really is. The rumor may be the last straw but does anyone really believe that it was what causes a company to fail. I don't know the original posters intent, but I'm not so sure any of you did either. Maybe he was trying to make some career decisions and for that he is called a dweeb and howls for his banisment.

no... i heard

I heard a rumor that Flying J is closing the doors because all trucking companies are ceasing operations next week. That is about how outlandish the rumors are becoming!!:chairshot:
not Flying J...it was every truck stop except Flying J. Get it right.

Lets all just STOP all this Freaking crap untill there is Proof about a company in trouble.

This kind of postings and rumors are just uncalled for and the Moderators should delete ASAP unless of course there is PROOF to back up such nonsense.

The people that start threads like this need to LOSE their job and see how funny it is!:chairshot::chairshot:

You are right top flight. He should have never posted that. At least not on this forum. He should have posted it on your beloved Estes forum. They are the ones in trouble. Teamster Elvis out....

My mama said get the information from the horses' mouth not the horse’s A**. Said has its second quarter 2008 results before market hours on Friday, July 25, 2008. Said management will host a conference call to discuss the results that morning at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time. That is where I'll be getting my information.
Companies do ail and in this environment it is not surprising if some large LTL's go out of business.

Well the latest rumor that I just heard Friday morning is that Saia has put a bid in to buy Vitran/Pjax. I first heard this from our vendor mechanic. About 2 hours later, a linehaul driver who worked with me at Pjax told me the same thing. He was on phone with 2 line drivers at Pjax at the time he told me.

As usual, rumors are only half true. So we'll see how this one turns out with time.

All LTL's

I think that these days, all LTL companies are in trouble, arent they? We all gotta hope our ships keep sailing.......:Violin:

:hysterical:
Well the latest rumor that I just heard Friday morning is that Saia has put a bid in to buy Vitran/Pjax. I first heard this from our vendor mechanic. About 2 hours later, a linehaul driver who worked with me at Pjax told me the same thing. He was on phone with 2 line drivers at Pjax at the time he told me.

As usual, rumors are only half true. So we'll see how this one turns out with time.
:hysterical:

Now there's some really good sources of information. I'll bet they heard it direct from corporate.................:biglaugh:

I have yet to see any LTL company stand up and and cheer about how great they are doing. Except at the end of a good quarter, then they tell their drivers that more needs to be done to make more money.

Saia, Inc. - Investor Relations Financial Release

http://finance.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:SAIA

That's the link to the first quarter. They also said in our meeting that they weren't looking to expand (either by buying companies or property) in 2008.

Below it is the Google link to the stock price. Looks like it is going up! Hmmmm.......we're in trouble but worth more? Look at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to see what happens when your in trouble to your stock.

Second quarter will be announced July 25th.

We are busier than hell, so I am not sure where you get a rumor like this...other than the guy who started this post has no profile?????