SAIA | Saia in trouble??

Saia must not be hurting too bad. On 9/5/08, GNC cut a city driver to save money that day. That very morning, city dispatch called a local cartage agent to deliver four (4) shipments that were on the cut drivers run. The agent made 2000.00 dollars on these shipments. Why can't the city drivers make that kind of money per day? For around 300.00, these shipments and more could have been delivered by our city driver. That's HIS pay AND fuel.

Saia must not be hurting too bad. On 9/5/08, GNC cut a city driver to save money that day. That very morning, city dispatch called a local cartage agent to deliver four (4) shipments that were on the cut drivers run. The agent made 2000.00 dollars on these shipments. Why can't the city drivers make that kind of money per day? For around 300.00, these shipments and more could have been delivered by our city driver. That's HIS pay AND fuel.

where are you located? that ::shit:: doesnt happen in fon. as a company, we are doing just fine,sure we still get rotated about once a month,but if we do we hope its on a fri or mon,oh yaaaaaaaaaaa, alls fine in so, calif...............:funky::smilie_132::funky:

where are you located? that ::shit:: doesnt happen in fon. as a company, we are doing just fine,sure we still get rotated about once a month,but if we do we hope its on a fri or mon,oh yaaaaaaaaaaa, alls fine in so, calif...............
GNC.:1036316054::smilie_132::chairshot:

I don't mind being cut, but this was uncalled for. This driver was forced to be off while the company called another carrier in to do his job.

ok,sorry you got cut for some out side s**t labor,tough time right now,i no,,,,things will get better,,,,,just do the job as best you can..........

its not the cut that bothers us. its the FACT that they called an outside carrier in to do what we could do, then had the stupid idea that they are saving money. this bonus crap needs to go. it is impossible to save money, when you spend 6 times what it cost to have it delivered by one of our own drivers. only 4 deliveries were made that day. our driver would have made 10 to 15 deliveries that day for way less than @2000.00. where is the logic in this???

Wow you must be psychic

I heard a rumor that Flying J is closing the doors because all trucking companies are ceasing operations next week. That is about how outlandish the rumors are becoming!!:chairshot:

I think Flying J just filed bankruptcy protection....I read something about falling fules prices or something...:popcorn:

Fuel prices are falling. At least that's what I keep hearing from the crybaby speculators who are losing their homes.----More on that at CNBC. We'll pick up soon after the first of the year

Fuel prices are falling. At least that's what I keep hearing from the crybaby speculators who are losing their homes.----More on that at CNBC. We'll pick up soon after the first of the year
They werent crying when fuel prices was so high it was hurting the trucking Ind.

Wolf, I could not agree with you more, I am one of the old company drivers and have seen changes like never before, not for the better but one thing has always been consistent here and that is drivers putting each other down or worrying about the other, glad to see common sense for a change

I think Flying J just filed bankruptcy protection....I read something about falling fules prices or something...:popcorn:
If anyone wants to know whats really going to happen in the future..... come see the Shoeman!!!! Even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while.:beerchug:

They werent crying when fuel prices was so high it was hurting the trucking Ind.

they make the same it doesn't matter whether it is 5.25 a gal or 2.08 a gal they still make the same profit and pay taxes look around there is less trucks on the road and more drivers not spending money it doesn't have a thing to do with high fuel prices it has somthing to do with how many people are buying they still make the same profit............

they make the same it doesn't matter whether it is 5.25 a gal or 2.08 a gal they still make the same profit and pay taxes look around there is less trucks on the road and more drivers not spending money it doesn't have a thing to do with high fuel prices it has somthing to do with how many people are buying they still make the same profit............

Spoke with a Flying J employee today, she said that they(the J) stockpiled fuel at a higher price and now are forced to sell it at a loss. Don't know if it's true or not.

Spoke with a Flying J employee today, she said that they(the J) stockpiled fuel at a higher price and now are forced to sell it at a loss. Don't know if it's true or not.
Tell them to thank there buddies on Wall Street. I dont feel sorry for them.:chairshot:

If I understand correctly, what you are talking about is the result of oil futures trading. People try to speculate what the price per barrel will be in the future, and if the companies think it will be higher they buy the contract. That is as I stated...if I understand correctly.

Maybe but if they buy it one day for $4 a gal.and it drops to $3 next day I dont think they make a profit.By the way people stopped buying a lot of fuel because of the price.So see it does have something to do with the price.