SAIA | Saia, Inc.® Announces Partnership with The Connection Co.

IR CookieMonster

TB Lurker
Credits
DULUTH, GA - June 7, 2006 - Saia, Inc. recently announced a strategic alliance with The Connection Co. This partnership will expand the coverage area of each of the two carriers.

Established more than 80 years ago and with headquarters in Duluth, GA, Saia provides direct coverage throughout 30 states from 128 terminal locations employing more than 7,100 people. Saia is among the leading regional less-than-truckload (LTL) companies in the United States serving the south, southwest, pacific northwest, Midwest and western regions of the United States. For more information on Saia, visit www.saia.com.

Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, The Connection Co. provides coverage to the Midwest market through 20 facilities in Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan and Ohio. The Connection Co. was founded as Dan's Transit in August of 1983 and offered overnight service through a network of three Ohio terminals in Columbus, Cincinnati, and Akron. For more information on The Connection Co., visit www.connectionco.com.

http://www.saiasecure.com/PressReleases/view.asp?id=167

hasbeenking said:
think it means ahhhhhhhh.Rumors???? no please spare us.
One can always speculate about purchases. The only thing known is that corporate bosses do want a geographic expansion. The most obvious and easiest way is to buy an existing company.

The question then becomes under what parameters will a purchase be made. Does one want to purchase a carrier that is struggling? (That might reduce purchasing costs, no guarantee though). On the other hand would one want someone who is doing well and the company makes it worth the owner's while to sell? Will the company make a good fit into the current system?

I, for one, would to see someone come into the mix that brings more than just geographic expansion. We desperately need help in the Information Technology dept.

When the Nextel gets the hiccups it creates a backlog on an already poorly designed system. We had a local server fry when a power surge at our terminal. Our dispatchers had no local dispatch using computers. Talk about flying in a cloud with no means of navigation.

There are other areas that perhaps someone with fresh ideas from the outside could bring in that would improve the company.

Come out West

sheet climber said:
when do we bid again is what i want to know, clt anyway??? dont matter, going system, shoulda never took a run!
Move out West. We are looking for drivers in Seattle, Portland, and Denver. The city drivers are getting 55+ hours per week.

sheet climber said:
when do we bid again is what i want to know, clt anyway??? dont matter, going system, shoulda never took a run!
Lessee,

(1) The cut time on the run is always later than the bid time, or
(2) Your tractor is where? or
(3) The load is ready, but the tractor is still sitting underneath a city driver,
(4) They have to keep reworking the load because it scales out too heavy on 1,2,or all 3 sets of axles, or
(5) any other reason..........:duh: :biglaugh:

Learned this one today-

Your team sat at the terminal for 8+ hours because purchased transportation took all the available loads.:duh:

or you have a daytime run that......had a tractor assigned, but......its halfway across the country:nutkick:

Brother Trucker said:
Learned this one today-

Your team sat at the terminal for 8+ hours because purchased transportation took all the available loads.:duh:

or you have a daytime run that......had a tractor assigned, but......its halfway across the country:nutkick:

We had purchased transportation at good ol' ST.We went bankrupt(or so says that pompous windbag president)

I think the reason so much purchased transportation was used was due to not enough teams. Haven't seen as many on the yard at one time like there were just a few months ago. The problem with purchased transportation is that can turn out to be one way hauls which means equipment vanishes like water on a hot sidewalk.

Our yard looks empty Monday afternoon thru Saturday AM. Then by Saturday night it gets hard to find a parking spot for tractors and trailers.

most of our purchased trans ran the system,covering the loads that linehaul couldn't we had plenty of teams,near the end more freight than we could handle.Just had an idiot who didn't know his arse from a tractor trailer.BTW love that tag at the bottom!!!

Haven't you noticed? You get way more excuses from Saia than answers. #1 excuse. It the drivers fault. It does not matter which driver, as long as a driver is at fault. If Saia spent 1/4 the amount of time trying to fix problems as they do creating problems we would be the TOP trucking company in the US.

othertrucker2001 said:
Haven't you noticed? You get way more excuses from Saia than answers. #1 excuse. It the drivers fault. It does not matter which driver, as long as a driver is at fault. If Saia spent 1/4 the amount of time trying to fix problems as they do creating problems we would be the TOP trucking company in the US.

I guess the Connection would be the perfect fit.Talking to their drivers,that's all they hear too!!!!Talk about antiquated equipment,I saw what looked like one of the old Teddy Roosevelt(rough riders)Macks the other day.I thopught Smith's or Mason Dixon got rid of those relics.