SAIA | Saia, Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2010 Earnings per Share of $0.16 on 6% Revenue Growt

Truckingboards Newsbot

Delivering The News
Credits
JOHNS CREEK, GA--(Marketwire - 10/28/10) - Saia, Inc. (NASDAQ: SAIA - News ), a leading multi-regional less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier, today reported third quarter 2010 financial results. Third Quarter 2010 Compared to Third Quarter 2009 Results Revenues were $235 million, an increase of 6 percent from the prior year quarter. Operating income was $6.5 million compared to $7.8 million in the ...

More...

Lotsa good in that report. I'm just wondering what all those projected capital expenditures are for. Does the corporate office need a jet or something?

they are putting pool tables, couches, and pinball machines in the driver's room of some of the breakbulk terminals. giving us something to do bc we wait so long.

jk

I don't think we will ever see the pay cut returned. At least the Operating ratio was a positive. Freight is really down right now in the southeast. Lots of empties and near empties. I bet they are screaming about Load Average.

our freight is still pretty good into and out of GVL. the tonnage going out is down though. they are on us about load factor too. there is nothing you can do if most of the freight is light and tall.