SAIA | SAIA Layoffs

sorry to hear

Well sorry to hear about some of you guys getting laid off. Saia use to be the best company in the industry to work for. I no longer work there but have many friends around that do not want to see them are others loose their job. Saia's mangement is screwed up the WE CARE WE SHARE come off the trucks many years ago. But any good driver will find a job and believe me life is better when ur not treated like ::shit:: by TMs and OPs guys and dispatchers. But i hope all will find what they are searching for but I mean this in a way not against the drivers by no means, I was there 15 years. But SAIA will finally get whats coming to them. Change mangement and once again a good company.

I still think Saia is a good company to work for!! I knew like everyone else should of once they went public things were going to change a little!! Once you have stock holders you have to make them happy!! As for the layoffs its part of making sure you stay a profitable business!! IF you show up work hard and do your job a employee really has nothing to worry about!! I would rather they layoff people and not make everyone work 3 days a week!! Don’t get me wrong I feel bad for those who got laid off!! But they should look in the mirror and ask themselves why they were picked!!

Good post Slackdragon. I'm rooting for you guys and I hope we all come through this. Big R Road driver.
It was jakethebrake's good post ...:1036316054: ... Its hard going from a single owner ... to what some of us have now ....gobbled up by the bigger companys ...:TR10driving03: ....being like jakethebrake (SAIA), I think I worked for the best company (AF)....being proud of who we are and how we work ... makes us both better .... slackdragon, fxf line driver

our layoffs seem to be done by senority in GVL. the billing clerk was a casualty b/c he was part time is the only reason i can figure. now our night supervisor who got paid to walk around and say "chop chop stupid mother****er!!" will get paid to print bills and say that phrase to himself all night. :hysterical:

our layoffs seem to be done by senority in GVL. the billing clerk was a casualty b/c he was part time is the only reason i can figure. now our night supervisor who got paid to walk around and say "chop chop stupid mother****er!!" will get paid to print bills and say that phrase to himself all night. :hysterical:
I know this is a serious time .... but I just had to laugh ..:hysterical:.. chop chop...thats good for him ....:1036316054: ...to bad he was not sent down the road so he could say that to himself ....and don't send him over here we don't want him ...:funky:

I still think Saia is a good company to work for!! I knew like everyone else should of once they went public things were going to change a little!! Once you have stock holders you have to make them happy!! As for the layoffs its part of making sure you stay a profitable business!! IF you show up work hard and do your job a employee really has nothing to worry about!! I would rather they layoff people and not make everyone work 3 days a week!! Don’t get me wrong I feel bad for those who got laid off!! But they should look in the mirror and ask themselves why they were picked!!

Whoa there! That last line isn't all that true! One of our people who got cut deserved it . They were 3 points over their 12. But the full time dock that got cut on the inbound was the dumbest move ever. He and I have carried LOU's inbound thru snow and power outages when others like my part time calls off. He doesn't give 110 percent, he gives 200! I would put him up against anyone in the company. I plan on beginning an email and phone campaign to bring him back. Even if it costs me my job.

Hey I didn’t say it was 100% correct and some hard working people got fed a sh*t sandwich!! I hope your efforts to get that person his job back work!!

Whoa there! That last line isn't all that true! One of our people who got cut deserved it . They were 3 points over their 12. But the full time dock that got cut on the inbound was the dumbest move ever. He and I have carried LOU's inbound thru snow and power outages when others like my part time calls off. He doesn't give 110 percent, he gives 200! I would put him up against anyone in the company. I plan on beginning an email and phone campaign to bring him back. Even if it costs me my job.

Be careful in your campaign to to get the mans job back. When your district manager gets wind of it they will finger you out. Saia GNC hired a man last year only to fire him 30 days later. Well no problem you say since he was not thru his 90 days. But he was told to quit his job to come to Saia then it took Saia 30 days to get him then fired him. Several of us were told to stop our effort to get the driver back. They even told me to stop posting on this site about ANYTHING to do with Saia. I told 'em to stuff it. I feel sure my demise may have come from posting here about their stupidity but hey, stupidity about something once is ok but when they do it over and over and over again it get mind boggling. Be careful in your efforts and good luck.

I know this is a serious time .... but I just had to laugh ..:hysterical:.. chop chop...thats good for him ....:1036316054: ...to bad he was not sent down the road so he could say that to himself ....and don't send him over here we don't want him ...:funky:

he's a pretty good guy. there is just a huge over use of that phrase by him. we give it back as good as we get it.:1036316054:

I heard about the layoffs today, all of us city guys across companies are just trying to make it day to day out here...I run across quite a few Saia guys in the Atlanta area, good folks...sorry to hear about the layoffs

My $0.02 worth here. OMA let 3 city P&D drivers go last Thursday. 2 were new hires from early fall (Aug-Sept). And one had about 41 yrs total with CLBT & Saia. Top dog on the TotemPole in OMA! And LCN let 2 or 3 P&D drivers go also. Guess they were fairly new hires too. Don't like to hear of anyone getting laid off or let go. Been down that road myself several times. Not a warm feeling. All drive safe! Not looking forward to this winter for some reason. OMA linehaul driver here. Time for bed

job cuts in birmingham

:chairshot:3 city drivers got sent packing. Also was told 7 dock guys and 3girls in the office got the axe. I was one of the drivers. Thanks Saia.

either way is acceptable (depending on circumstances) but was curious if it was mandated by corp office.

From what I have seen and heard layoffs are by points, performance and seniority!! Each terminal has different criteria!! Points and performance being the most looked at!!!