SAIA LTL FREIGHT

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by runawaytrain, Mar 12, 2017.

1. joes bar and grill

joes bar and grill Well-Known Member

Puffy sleeps with his hands under the covers.

2. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

https://www.saiasecure.com/employment/locations.aspx?ST=PA&State=Pennsylvania
    They just opened Bethlehem a couple weeks ago..Wilkes-Barre opens in February.....They've been open in Mount Joy a little I think...........they aren't gonna cover the whole state very well with locations only in Bethlehem, Wilkes-Barre, Mount Joy, Pittsburgh and Philly........the state is too big for only 5 terminals.........................but I'm sure Zollars has plans in place to screw all the Teamsters he can.....I'd like nothing more than for him and his family to suffer like the 20,000 YRC employees plus their families have suffered....and that goes for whatever bank or trucking industry buddies may have helped him also.

When I see their trucks and billboards with logo....all red and white......it makes me think the gypsy caravan circus is coming to town.......it probably is.
    I figure their is a contract due in 2019 and the industry will use SAIA to keep the pay and comp down. Probably part of the timing.

3. runawaytrain

runawaytrain Wear their scorn with pride.

You act as if it’s some sort of conspiracy that Rick O’dell and Bill Zollars have against the Teamsters. I don’t think that’s the case. This is about SAIA growing it’s footprint in the Northeast and nothing more.

4. runawaytrain

I also don’t believe that Zollars deliberately did anything to hurt the guys. Perhaps he used poor judgment and was just overzealous. Perhaps even incompetent to some degree but to say he has plans in place to screw the Teamsters is simply false. He never intentionally planned to hurt anyone IMO. So many on here want to paint him as Satan himself. Pure Evil. Personally, I really don’t know what’s in the mans heart. But I would suggest that before you start throwing stones that you might want to take a good look at yourself.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  5. slavenomore

Ya don't just buy up a company which will total 20,000 Teamsters without knowing that you have bills to pay them Teamsters.
    You have pensions to fund and contract to uphold. ANY businessman would know that...ESPECIALLY one hired to run a company as big as YELLOW even before they bought everybody.............big money plans way ahead....that's how they get big money...it doesn't fall from the sky....they don't spin the reels and rely on luck...He was first to come out and say the recession was coming publically....He is not a dumb man....and they don't take risks that will not benefit themselves.
    The pensions did not collapse because of bad luck...Big money plans things....they plan for profit...they plan for the future...they plan for political power. Business contributes to politicians.......a certain group of politicians and their business donors have been up against pensions as a main selling point for unions......unions that they do not want......................You don't think it possible that they would plan on destroying us?
    I voted Trump....but his labor picks are overturning everything Obama has done......evidence that 'business friendly' politics....walks hand in hand for businessmen......not unions.

Do you think a group of guys just getting by, and getting nothing put into their pensions, some of whom are losing large chunks of their pensions if not the whole thing.....are gonna look at a guy who came along and lumped us all together putting 5 companies in debt that can't be paid, and walking away with millions of dollars whilst his daughter is married to a competitors CEO is gonna look at him any differently than Satan himself?
    He is that to them....and he, nor you, are not gonna change their view.
    He fails at his job and his contract was honored.
    These guys work everyday trying their best to go by the rules and go to work........and their contract is not honored.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    troubleman84 likes this.
  6. Puff Driver

Puff Driver Active Member

You use personal attacks and not fact??
    why??

If you can't debate on facts you smear..

Typical when you have no decent counter....

Enjoy..

7. joes bar and grill

No, just pointing out that you're a jerkoff.

8. Puff Driver

Puff Driver Active Member

Keyboard tough guy...
    No wonder you need a union to do your thinking...

I;m laughing all the way to the bank...

Enjoy the low wages and no future.... The rolling garbage is a bonus for losers like you...

9. joes bar and grill

You don’t get it, I’m not trying to debate you, just responding to another post and pointing out you are a jerkoff. Have a Happy New Year

10. runawaytrain

To be fair Joe from time to time we all have been jerkoffs. Especially in our teenage years. Why not just call him an Azzhole like you do me or a dirty :censored: sucker would work too.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  11. joes bar and grill

Well RAT I tried to say it nicely and he wouldn't let it go so, F**K him.

Grumpy, troubleman84 and the5tolls like this.
  12. slavenomore

Here's a song written with puffy in mind.
    https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=gsIrjN1b-WA

runawaytrain likes this.
  13. slavenomore

That link did not work from my phone...here's what I was trying to post relating to Puffy.

runawaytrain likes this.
  14. slavenomore

Just heard that a couple of our guys applied to the Mount Joy and Bethlehem terminals......and SAIA is not hiring Yellow or New Penn drivers..
    Discrimination against Teamsters for them it seems.......guys with plenty of experience.and actually guys with good work ethics and who are not troublemakers at all....driver shortage and all...
    I think PA shouldn't let them in here or even thru here if that's how they are... Wanna act like a right-to-work state...then stay there.
    Our people should have a right to say wether we want companies like that in our state or not....deregulation was wrong....give the companies all power and they highjack the government....and that's what they have done......and that's why we are $20 trillion in debt imo.

troubleman84 likes this.
  15. slavenomore

Are you making $37/hour and great healthcare and retirement like the UPS feeder drivers?
    I didn't think so.................loser.

16. slavenomore

No conspiracy against Teamsters here by SAIA....right Runaway Train?

17. runawaytrain

You must remember that those pay grades are given out after years of service. Today you start by loading package cars for years then move into a package car for years. Serious dues to pay with back breaking work to ever get those jobs. Seniority gets those feeder jobs at UPS. Most simply can’t hang on that long.

18. runawaytrain

SAIA has plenty of Ex-Teamsters and they are scattered all over the U.S. Granted they may not be their first choice but we do hire them. To say there is a conspiracy would simply be unfair. Each case is different and each driver is different. SAIA has a few of your former managers that may recognize some trouble makers and “salt” for that matter. I really think it depends on how the interview goes with the TM after the recruiter sets things up. SAIA does hire former Teamsters and that’s the truth. Can’t speak about those guys you know. I can say that it’s highly unlikely they came out and said that we don’t hire former Teamsters. Your guys probably just assumed that since they didn’t make the cut. Lots of things in this world aren’t fair Slave and we must learn to accept that or spend our time fighting every unjust cause in vain in most cases. Life is too short for that. You seem to have it made where you’re at. Not perfect but acceptable. Nothing is perfect so just ride out the storm. Things will get better. Trump can’t fix thing overnight. Stop burning yourself out trying to change everything that’s seems unfair. Accept the fact that something’s will never change. You sort of remind me of an activist fighting for things that will never change. Just say :censored: it and go fishing. Peace of mind is the only thing you truly need.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  19. slavenomore

Not here.....I tried it last year for a week or so....and they are putting guys off the street on....big Amazon distribution center plus guys are retiring and package drivers might not want to move up..
    I declined the job because I don't want nights forever plus I don't like doubles and 53's and 102's all the time...not when I don't have too.
    They've put a bunch of guys off the street on to feeders jobs in the last year or so. Driver shortage......and at least UPS does what it takes to get drivers.....good pay and benies.
    I didn't like starting over..so I styed here.....With my luck I'll end up starting over again somewhere anyways thru no fault of my own.

There is a pay change though..not exactly sure but I think as csual it might have been $24 and then it oges down to under $20 for a couple years...and then on toward $35+ after 3-4 years I think.

20. runawaytrain

The grass may look greener but it’s not. They make it look sweet but you see the reality after it’s too late. Stay where your at. Seniority rules everything at UPS and in time you would get bumped down or even laid off. Don’t give up what you have.