SAIA | Saia moving to Northeast

I ain't throwing rocks at your front line and regional supervisors. They are the ones that make the company work. It's the top layer of management that was installed by the SCST twits that took Jevic away from its core business and tried to transform it into less of a hybrid and more of a straight LTL carrier. We deliver too much of Jevic's freight and see the small shipments that don't fit the model that a hybrid carrier should be. That's what makes me mad. I believe that Jevic could be and should have been a profitable carrier if they had things been done right.

yeah brother tell the jevic guys how we deliver all their grocery warehouse stuff i just love to sort and seg 10 or 15 skids when im already behind an hour or two because the the break bulks cant make their cut times

Gabbydad: Ur right, there's good and bad in all groups. Problem is, the lack of direction, and continuity filters down from from the top...there's that "Trickle Down Theory", again.
The attitude snowballs as it falls thru the ranks, winds up @ the driver. I'm telling you, it is bad out there. We used to be a proud bunch of guys, many of us still are. We just want something to be proud of again. When we senior guys started @ Jevic, it was HARD to get on board. The last few years, we have struggled to get and keep good drivers. Drivers looking for jobs nowadays have a lot of choices, and they won't put up with too much crap...they'll move on. Or not show up at all for a job. It's a sign of the times, not just here, but with all employers. I'd like us to get back to the status we once had, and be envied, and have other drivers call us "Big
Money", like they used to. BM meant not only good pay, but a Class Job. GO BIG BLUE!!!

Harry"s not gonna buy us back. He sold Jevic because it got too
big for him to micromanage, and thus the 'thrill was gone'. Besides, he spent a lot of money starting up New Century, so why buy back something you got tired of before?

We COULD do worse, though. Liked Harry.

actually he looked at the prospect, but scs will not split up saia and us.

Harry's a douche bag.

I hate him and I think there's something wrong with a guy that has such a vendeta against a company he built. He claims it was taken away from him. What a crock. He's a man and he needs to take responsibility for Jevic getting "out of his control".

New Century's whole marketing and sales plan is : go after Jevic freight and bad mouth Jevic. Not to mention handsomly compensate his large customers, if you know what I mean.

It was my sincere pleaseure kicking their ass when I first started in sales. F Him.

we give you guys grocery whse deliveries, you guys jam us with oriental rugs to third floor residential aparments, please, spare me.

it's all the same crap on different color trucks.....

sheetclimer: listen genius, we're saia's 3rd largest account. be careful what you wish for.

so, right back at ya.

Are u STILL kicking their asses? :nutkick:

I used to like Harry because he liked his 'toys' and thought like a driver/was proud of his equipment.. however, big money and the 'talking heads' that follow change things! :jerkit:

"We Care, We Share"

Can any of you Say'ya guys tell me what that meant? I say 'meant' 'cause I haven't noticed it on the newer tractors.

Maybe SCS had it removed from the paint scheme to save money, and look good to the stockholders, huh? Or, more likely, they don't believe in caring, OR sharing. :sadwavey:

Oh,

They believe in caring and sharing. Caring about the corporate bosses big stock price bonus money and sharing it with each other. As for the guys that gave value to the company........:chairshot: :biglaugh: :smilie_132: :nutkick:

Dirty White Boy said:
Can any of you Say'ya guys tell me what that meant? I say 'meant' 'cause I haven't noticed it on the newer tractors.

Maybe SCS had it removed from the paint scheme to save money, and look good to the stockholders, huh? Or, more likely, they don't believe in caring, OR sharing. :sadwavey:
Since you seem so concerned, I'll tell you. All the mechanics who were certified to apply that particular decal, are no longer with the company.:rofl2: :stirthepot:

not intended to offend you g d...... just what we hear.....the shareholders dont want to unload jevic for no reason......believe it or not there is some thought put into what they do. it just doesnt look like jevic is being thought of as a keeper, makes no difference to me in all due respect.

not intended to offend you g d...... just what we hear.....the shareholders dont want to unload jevic for no reason......believe it or not there is some thought put into what they do. it just doesnt look like jevic is being thought of as a keeper, makes no difference to me in all due respect.

big news....... job posting in atl..... toaday!!!! sales reps, plural, for ny, mass, conn, pa, area to be filled at once!!! no joke.... wonder what it all means?????