Yellow | Saia Pulling Rdwy Trailers...

Credits
Would anyone happen to know or care to comment as to if this happens in your area(s) and why it would be done???

I have seen Saia pulling our trailers 3 times this week going north out of Florida. Not sure if loaded or empty but this is OUR work either way.. Even if they are repositioning empties, etc..

When I try to track the trailer numbers I see they only turn up as OFFLINE in the computer.. What the heck is going on??? We have reported it to our Local but...........

New or not it happens between most ltl companies moving empties while hauling there own freight if anything. They get their freight moved and we get our empty. I am quite sure our freight is protected against outside carriers.

I am not sure what is going on but for about the last 5 Mondays there has been 30 to 40 trailers come into the rail head here. This has stopped about 5 weeks ago. I think they are having trouble getting the equipment moved around.
And what I think of that is there is freight going some where and nothing coming out and the equipment builds up there...

Roadie8105 said:
Would anyone happen to know or care to comment as to if this happens in your area(s) and why it would be done???

I have seen Saia pulling our trailers 3 times this week going north out of Florida. Not sure if loaded or empty but this is OUR work either way.. Even if they are repositioning empties, etc..

When I try to track the trailer numbers I see they only turn up as OFFLINE in the computer.. What the heck is going on??? We have reported it to our Local but...........
Maybe the trailers are being turned over to the railroad somewhere. When Roadway rails a trailer the railroad can put the trailer on a train or run the trailer down the highway with any carrier they choose.

Roadie8105 said:

We go through the same thing....if they are showing off-line...then they are being leased...have you given the numbers to Doris to have a 30-day report pulled on each trailer yet?.....KK

No 30 day report pulled on trailers.. I was told today that they are empties being repositioned and company can choose any carrier they like.. I guess cost effective to use non-union carrier but what's next??

We can't go fast enough to stay up with one and see if it's loaded or empty!! LOL!! These are NEW trailers.. One I saw the other day was 558393 (new longbox)..

Thanks for any help!!!!

Roadie8105 said:
No 30 day report pulled on trailers.. I was told today that they are empties being repositioned and company can choose any carrier they like.. I guess cost effective to use non-union carrier but what's next??

We can't go fast enough to stay up with one and see if it's loaded or empty!! LOL!! These are NEW trailers.. One I saw the other day was 558393 (new longbox)..

Thanks for any help!!!!
I agree with you Roadie8105. But at are Terminal there is not enough drivers to move the loaded ones much less the empty ones to get repositioned.

realigining trl pool

ive asked this question several times, i even asked the company that was pulling our trailers. they said they take our roadway trls loaded with there freight to an area of roadways choosing that is short pups and deliver there freight then give the trls back to roadway and bobtail to there home terminal and hook to there own trl and head back . balancing there own trl pool. i was on vacation this year and saw a abf truck pulling roadway pups. I followed him to his terminal and asked whats up and this is what they told me

They could also be new trailers . At Yellow we often pull new trailers out of Great Dane in Brazil Indiana. We have pulled Oak Harbor trlrs, Abilene motor trlrs, and Fedex boxes all over the country like this. We pick them up at the plant and get to use them on there way to there destinations and Great Dane's Customers get their trailer delivered for free. One other thing I just remembered is that the railroad has started refuse to return empty feight trailers. I have heard this several times from different sources ,don't know if it's true but with the rail being so choked up already with freight it makes sense. It could be that they are trying to get the trailers back to the Co.'s however they can.

mud said:
Maybe the trailers are being turned over to the railroad somewhere. When Roadway rails a trailer the railroad can put the trailer on a train or run the trailer down the highway with any carrier they choose.

Last few weeks on mondays & fridays we been railing our empty big boxes to 411. This past spring we had a big move and needed trls. In stead of running mty's they railed them to us 125 trailers. The rail yard was only a mile away so it works out $$$ wise.