SAIA | SAIA rear ends another truck

Jack Knife

TB Veteran
Credits
ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. -- A big rig slammed into the back of another 18-wheeler on Interstate 85 during the morning commute on Wednesday.

I-85 Wreck Injures 2 - Greenville News Story - WYFF Greenville

20809689_240X180.jpg

Well that explains it. Loose Nut called me at 745 this morning asking if I saw it. Looks like we are gonna be short another truck........

I went by that one this morning while they were still cleaning up. Nasty looking accident. Hope everyone is ok.

Tractor was towed to ATL or CLT....it's not on our yard. I got caught up in a wreck at the same spot this morning, only going north bound. Bermuda triangle anyone?

Does anyone know the teams names. Hope they are okay. But I guess safety is going to say well I guess you werent following the Smith System. The truck looks totaled. You can see the side of the sleeper is creased.

There are some odd circumstances in this accident listening to the driver's story. Their tractor was equipped with a VORAD system, so maybe when they pull the data it will give a better picture of what happened.

Oh yes it does give alot it will be able to tell if he braked hard to evasive actions if something was in front of him. His speed its big brother at its best but it could protect his job if he is telling the truth in the story. Hell there was a team out of JAX that had a back trailer come off going down the road. And they said the pigtail between the trailers come loose and got wrapped up around the fifth wheel release and the trailer come off. And Good fairy tale but hell safety bought it and they kept there job.

I had a pig tail come off the front end. It dragged enough to get caught in the hub. The back end of the pig tail connection held and the force of the pull sheared the bolts off of the connection box. I was just a few blocks from the terminal when I saw that my back trailer lights were out. When I checked the connection, all that was left of the rear connection was the bare wires hanging from where the connection box used to be. Now I make sure to interwine the pigtail into the blue line. That way, if the connection fails, the pigtail can't fall far enough to reach the hub.

I had a pig tail come off the front end. It dragged enough to get caught in the hub. The back end of the pig tail connection held and the force of the pull sheared the bolts off of the connection box. I was just a few blocks from the terminal when I saw that my back trailer lights were out. When I checked the connection, all that was left of the rear connection was the bare wires hanging from where the connection box used to be. Now I make sure to interwine the pigtail into the blue line. That way, if the connection fails, the pigtail can't fall far enough to reach the hub.

For safety's sake I might could take it. But having my airlines and pigtail tangled up just drive me insane.

I misspoke earlier. The tractor was just in the towing company's impound lot for a day. It's on our yard. Massive damage everywhere, the driver looks to be very lucky. Be safe out there everyone!

What ever happened to the PIG?