SAIA | SAIA Road Driver or Team

sneil

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone tell me if SAIA has a training program for the Road Driver or Team position? I saw where you have to have 1 years experience, but didn't know if they have a training program. Thanks

Can anyone tell me if SAIA has a training program for the Road Driver or Team position? I saw where you have to have 1 years experience, but didn't know if they have a training program. Thanks

Do you have 1 year of driving experience and if so what kind of experince? For example have you worked as a delivery driver or over the road driver? If a delivery driver, what kind of equipment have you driven.

Do you have a commercial drivers license and if so what endorsements are there on your license? Saia will require a doubles/triples, airbrake, and hazardous materials endorsement on the license to be eligible to drive either as a road driver(line or linehaul) or as a pickup and delivery driver (p&d, city, local).

Depending on the location sometimes it is easier to make a move from within the company. Other locations may hire "off the street". This again depends on the need for and availability of drivers.

It depends on where you are. Some terminals have a dock to driver training program. You work on the dock and go through a training program. It takes about a year to complete once you are accepted into it. They you come out as a City P&D driver.