SAIA | Saia Sets New Pay Cuts

imported_River17

TB Veteran
Credits
Saia Inc. said Thursday it will take new cost-cutting measures to cope with the slow economy and reduced tonnage, including trimming its executives’ pay by 10% and its hourly, linehaul and salaried employees’ pay by 5%.
Saia, which also suspended its 401(k) matches for employees Feb. 1, said the cost-cutting measures would save it about $18 million annually.
Transport Topics Online | Trucking, Freight Transportation and Logistics News | Saia Sets New Pay Cuts

SAIA INC Files SEC form 8-K, Other Events
Summary of SAIA INC - Yahoo! Finance

:smilie_132:

You can thank YRCW and the Teamsters for this, I'm afraid it is the wave of the future.

Ours was in effort to save the company we work for. Unlike your pay cut which you probably had no choice. Saia probably making money but just wants more, so lets take it from the working man. So dont go blaming Teamsters. At least we had a choice. Probably never thanked us for the decent wage you make.

What happen to teamsters don't set the wage?

seems as though Teamsters are and have and started setting the wage. LOWER
because you smucks gave in only to lose your job in the end anyways. Gee Thanks alot for throwing the entire LTL world under the bus. I think you "Teamsters" have been spending to much time with your brother Billy Z!

This was bound to happen though, cut a mans wage but still expect him/her to work like a Dog! (not blaming Union for this)

seems as though Teamsters are and have and started setting the wage. LOWER
because you smucks gave in only to lose your job in the end anyways. Gee Thanks alot for throwing the entire LTL world under the bus. I think you "Teamsters" have been spending to much time with your brother Billy Z!

This was bound to happen though, cut a mans wage but still expect him/her to work like a Dog! (not blaming Union for this)

Yeah ,thanks alot for nothing

I saw 3 purchased trailers going in to your barn below Harrisburg, i guess they are backed up with freight. Are you a owner operator or did you sign on with Fed Ex Ground because you want to be your own boss

Ours was in effort to save the company we work for. Unlike your pay cut which you probably had no choice. Saia probably making money but just wants more, so lets take it from the working man. So dont go blaming Teamsters. At least we had a choice. Probably never thanked us for the decent wage you make.

thank you for voting yes to your wage decrease, conway and saia employees really appreciate it...

Thanks for the article, River. Everyone, please don't debate which company is to blame for all of the pay cuts and such in this forum. We can all point fingers, but the bottom line is the economy sucks and the company did what it thought was best for them. Am I happy about it? Hell No! Am I happy to still be employed? Damn right I am. They said once the O/R is back around a 96 or 95, they will bump it back where it was. Time for bed....another 14 hour day/night has come and gone..

We had better get the O.R. down or they will come see us again....
Also, any of the laid off folks would be glad to come back for what we are makin'.

It seems that, upon reflection, the earlier raise was premature given the overall trend of the economy. Just remember that some other carriers have had to give back more.

Now is the time that if one has already adjusted their lifestyles to live on less than one makes, this storm will be weathered well. If not, then it may be time to get rid of some of the toys and look at what you really need to make sure the family is clothed, fed, housed and transported.