SAIA | Saia still linked to YRC ???

Here is your original question (and answer)

This is not what the original question was about. The original question was whether YRC maintained a controlling interest in SAIA after the sell off, via the investment firm that holds significant interest in SAIA now.
The question was posed, based on information I was given that SAIA utilized a PRO scanning system compatible with that used at YRC and a related conversation that SAIA was restructuring some of their runs in a format similar to YRC.

Heard a strange rumor from a steward yesterday. Said that a Yellow driver heard from a Saia driver that you guys were going to have Utility Drivers and were supposed to haul Roadway freight. The story also said your system was able to accept Roadway pro numbers. Any truth to any of it?
Saia employee informed responses please. I'm simply trying to find truth, not further speculation.

Yesterday for ***** and giggles, I tried to enter both a Yellow and Roadway pro number into our system. While waiting for my Twin Falls trailers, I had the dispatcher enter in a fake pick-up so I could try it. Wouldn't work.

Second, no Yellow or Roadway freight ever goes through our terminal unless it has a Saia pro. We don't handle any more than a couple of skids that they (Yellow or Roadway) have sent to us interline.

Third, Saia is restructuring our Line Haul runs based on work with Georgia Tech University, trying to improve movement and functionality. If it resembles Yellow in any way, it is because the LTL industry has been around for a hundred years, and you really can't re-invent the wheel, only make it look prettier.

You can speculate about stock and investment firms all you want, sounds like your looking for ghosts where there are none.

As far as what YRC does with its shares of Saia stock, or how much thy own, that is akin to saying because the Bush administration owns alot of Haliburton stock, they can guide its business and control what it does........oh ::shit::!

Heard a strange rumor from a steward yesterday. Said that a Yellow driver heard from a Saia driver that you guys were going to have Utility Drivers and were supposed to haul Roadway freight. The story also said your system was able to accept Roadway pro numbers. Any truth to any of it?
Saia employee informed responses please. I'm simply trying to find truth, not further speculation.

Yesterday for ***** and giggles, I tried to enter both a Yellow and Roadway pro number into our system. While waiting for my Twin Falls trailers, I had the dispatcher enter in a fake pick-up so I could try it. Wouldn't work.

Second, no Yellow or Roadway freight ever goes through our terminal unless it has a Saia pro. We don't handle any more than a couple of skids that they (Yellow or Roadway) have sent to us interline.

Third, Saia is restructuring our Line Haul runs based on work with Georgia Tech University, trying to improve movement and functionality. If it resembles Yellow in any way, it is because the LTL industry has been around for a hundred years, and you really can't re-invent the wheel, only make it look prettier.

You can speculate about stock and investment firms all you want, sounds like your looking for ghosts where there are none.

As far as what YRC does with its shares of Saia stock, or how much thy own, that is akin to saying because the Bush administration owns alot of Haliburton stock, they can guide its business and control what it does........oh ::shit::!

Sorry for the sidetrack here, but you have it backwards. Haliburton tells the Bush administration what to do.

Finally the answer I seek!!! If Yellow PRO numbers don't work and SAIA is using a different model for delivery, it appears by a 2/3rd's majority what I was told was wrong.