Saia stock drop

xeastend

TB Veteran
Credits
Saw a newspaper clipping at the J1 window from 10/26.Saia was one of the big losers for
the week,dropping 15percent! Guess they can
underperfom just fine without us

OUCH!!!!!! Got to hurt those SAIA wallets that use to be sooooooooo big to have to have a Jevic driver to haul it around huh......Well Well sooooo sorry........:thumbsup:

Airbr8ks said:
Well said Kenny its a shame we were dragging them poor guys down.From what i understand we are doing well
you are doing well... they were dragging you guys down I think.......No thay are not happy on the SAIA Thread......

Word from the grapevine is that they are about to lose their biggest customer too.
JEVIC!!
They don't even realize that we are their biggest customer now and we give them more freight than anybody. But because they insist on treating Jevic drivers like crap and making us wait forever to unload us, the complaints about Saia are adding up and mangement has realized that we can't keep agitating our drivers at a "cartage drop". God, that feels good to say that.:hysterical:

Kevin T. told me in the spring that we are moving away from Saia.Also,heard from Bob at J1 that we lost customers due to mis handleing.
Time and damage.Gonna take time to find new cartage houses

No last Names

Saia Partnership

It was true that Jevic was Saia's 3rd largest customer. They did good work in spots, but for the most part they didn't treat us like a large customer should be treated.

In CA and TX we've been using Central Freight to some degree of success. They have been more responsive to us and our customers.

yeah 3rd largest all you give us was the groceries and all the stuff you road drivers didnt have the skills to get your truck into. keep your junk freight and deliver it youself like your supposed to:Bondage: :tongue0002: :cuss: :horse:

touched a nerve?

Enjoy that nice drop in your stock drop.:boohoo:

Not only were we your 3rd largest customer. What we paid you guys operated at an 85 and was hand delivered to your docks.

So, I guess now your sales force can go out and sell all that great dock to dock, business to business, no appt frt, that packs perfectly and the receivers are always there with a cup of coffee and a big welcome just for you.

Then you wake up from the dream and realize, that's the business. We pick up freight we deliver freight, some's good, some's not so good.

I'm sure every carrier on this board would love to be able turn away that proverbial "s*** freight".

But guess what? noone's all that busy lately are they??????

Suicidejockey is right.We should keep our own frt.Junk or not.At least when we deliver
the freight,the customer keeps it!!Maybe I got
bad info,But when Sais delvs Jevic frt.a LARGE
percentage comes back!! Even Saias drivers on their forum cant believe the amount of damages

Yes, things are in the crapper over here. So bad that we've purchased another carrier to expand our coverage. Man, things are tough.:hysterical: :duh: :biglaugh:

I have seen the company that Saia is buying. There equipment looks old and you do not see much of them around at night driving. For 17.5 Million I guess they wanted the terminals and equipment.

I have seen the company that Saia is buying. There equipment looks old and you do not see much of them around at night driving. For 17.5 Million I guess they wanted the terminals and equipment.
unless your running Ohio,Indy,KY or Mi you won't see them. and most of their drivers are O/O.

unless your running Ohio,Indy,KY or Mi you won't see them. and most of their drivers are O/O.

Being that Holland drivers on the open board are "SYSTEM DRIVERS" and Holland's is pretty big in that area I would say that I have seen them Brutus. And was not impressed by them or their equipment. :nutkick:

Being that Holland drivers on the open board are "SYSTEM DRIVERS" and Holland's is pretty big in that area I would say that I have seen them Brutus. And was not impressed by them or their equipment. :nutkick:
not know who(drive for) or where you drive i was just making a general statement it was not aimed at you.as i see it the buy out is good thing for them(connection).

Yes Brutus you are most likely right it will be a good thing for Connection. And also Saia it will give them immediate buss. in this area for them to grow.

I wonder if the purchase would/could be made
if it was private money,not stockholders.I dont
have a real good grasp on the public accounting

Whose money was it?

If you are referring to what was the source for the purchase of the connection co., if you recall Saia netted out about $40 million from the sale of Jevic. That was more than enough to pay cash for the sale and all the integration costs.

If you are referring to what was the source for the purchase of the connection co., if you recall Saia netted out about $40 million from the sale of Jevic. That was more than enough to pay cash for the sale and all the integration costs.

I don't think that there is any connection necessarily. Jevic wasn't the best match for Saia's ultimate expansion into the Midwest/Northeast.

They got rid of us which I think was mutually beneficial and now Saia needs to search for the best avenues to achieve thier stated goal of full US coverage.