Saia stock drop

I don't think that there is any connection necessarily. Jevic wasn't the best match for Saia's ultimate expansion into the Midwest/Northeast.

They got rid of us which I think was mutually beneficial and now Saia needs to search for the best avenues to achieve thier stated goal of full US coverage.

Agreed.Two different operating models.We just
dont fit the hub and spoke.Best to the saia guys

Just checked the listings, and SAIA's stock is further down into the crapper than SCS's was when we were supposed to be the monkey on their back. WHAHAPPENED?

May SAIA needs some of Jevic's JUNK freight back, to get them over the hump.

I hate to rub it in (not really), but turn-abouts is fair play.

Just checked the listings, and SAIA's stock is further down into the crapper than SCS's was when we were supposed to be the monkey on their back. WHAHAPPENED?

May SAIA needs some of Jevic's JUNK freight back, to get them over the hump.

I hate to rub it in (not really), but turn-abouts is fair play.

Word is that once the President at Saia got visibility of the loss of our business, he called our President in a panic.

On another Saia/Jevic topic

These guys are expanding their geography like crazy. When they move into the Northeast, I think it has the potential of being catastrophic.

This is a depressed market where next day covg is demanded. And I don't mean marketing it, I mean doing it.

You can sell a day late on 2 and 3 day svc lanes, but next day is next day. There are some powerhouse competitors who have done and continue to perform year after year.

Pyle, New Penn, are the gold standard. Nemf is competitive, then you have Pitt Ohio, you have PJax.

For every CBL,APA, St Johnsbury you can name, there are the above who persevere.

We do a nice job on next day as well. Especially with our love of the chunkier frt.

I'm sure that Saia's future is bright, but you probably don't need the shades.

Territorial Expansion

If anything is consistent about geographical expansion with Saia is that it is done not in a helter skelter fashion. I've been with the company through two of those expansions, three if you count when Yellow merged Smalley into Saia. One thing done consistently is to build up the area and bring the newly acquired companies into the company way of doing things. Then if the opportunities present themselves then the expansion occurs. As for service issues, those can be worked out.

Stock drop

As for the price of the stock that can vary from day to day. There can be factors that influence stock prices over which the company has no control. Apparently, the company did so poorly that the operating ratio was a poorly 92 and change. I'm no financial whiz, but it seems that is very good measure of profibility, stock price not withstanding.