SAIA | Saia?

led

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey, anyone know where the name "SAIA" came from? I get asked that alot by customers. Most think it is an acronym. I thought maybe it was some guys last name. Alot of poeple can't even say it(which I can understaned). But it is still funny and makes my bad day a little better.

it was the founder name starteed in the depreshion 1920's, bought out by preston trucking, the bought by somebody, I think McCLEANS, then bought by yellow, then spun off

Ironic how a company starts out as an independent entity, is sold so the family can get out of the business, and through the passing of time winds up as an independent entity again(sort of).

When I worked in the city we had a bobtail driver that said that Saia stood for "Soon As I Arrive" and he meant it too. :hysterical:

Ironic how a company starts out as an independent entity, is sold so the family can get out of the business, and through the passing of time winds up as an independent entity again(sort of).

When I worked in the city we had a bobtail driver that said that Saia stood for "Soon As I Arrive" and he meant it too. :hysterical:

S tupid
A nd
I diotic
A holes
:hysterical:

you have it all wrong it means goodbye to your freight saianora in english:chairshot:

that's what happens when you give truck drivers anything with 2-4 wheels that is not street legal. then you throw cut times every 30minutes into the mix...and......bye bye perfectly wrapped freight on a skid. if it isn't packaged properly you can say bye to it before it gets off the city trailer.

you have it all wrong it means goodbye to your freight saianora in english:chairshot:

Not just your freight but your job as well. TM at GNC says corporate is on him to have someone fired just to save money. Told him to stand on the zero tolerance policy.

I'v worked at a couple different LTL co. and I know we have our share of damages,but i'v seen worse.If they spent as much time training the dockworkers with 1 yr exp. than they do training a driver with 10 yrs exp. the claims may decline.

Not just your freight but your job as well. TM at GNC says corporate is on him to have someone fired just to save money. Told him to stand on the zero tolerance policy.

aren't you guys having trouble delivering the freight already? hell...you guys might get more freight by having an extra driver. we are not going to be picking up more freight if the shipper has to wait a day or 2 for us to get there b/c we laid off too many damn drivers. this company needs to stop worrying so much about the bottom line, and more on servicing it's customers.

aren't you guys having trouble delivering the freight already? hell...you guys might get more freight by having an extra driver. we are not going to be picking up more freight if the shipper has to wait a day or 2 for us to get there b/c we laid off too many damn drivers. this company needs to stop worrying so much about the bottom line, and more on servicing it's customers.

Amen brother. Tim P has said it himself too many times. "We only have one thing to sell and that's service." Now its--to hell with the customer--I want a damn bonus even if it kills the company. If they would cut out the bonus, managers would have to get back on track worrying about our customers and the company. Every November and December its the same old thing. Kill the business and fire the drivers.

Amen brother. Tim P has said it himself too many times. "We only have one thing to sell and that's service." Now its--to hell with the customer--I want a damn bonus even if it kills the company. If they would cut out the bonus, managers would have to get back on track worrying about our customers and the company. Every November and December its the same old thing. Kill the business and fire the drivers.

TM's and sup's aren't getting a bonus or raise this year, wonder if the higher ups are?