Saints and Brees...

I agree with the author......making Brees sweat it out is foolish. He is not only one of the best QB's in the league, but he's also one of the best people and roll models that the league has. He's a proven winner and class act from head to toe. What are they thinking? Maybe waiting for someone with a few felonies to become available? Geez!:duh:

Brees came out today and said "It's a process..These things take time..There's no doubt in my mind we'll get a deal done..I'm not worried".....This guy is going to be Saint for years to come guys..The team and Brees are just looking out for their concerns...It will get done..

I'm not worried about Drew leaving N.O. But he deserves better than being franchise tagged, which can limit his pay.

Report: Saints, Brees $5M apart per year on deal - CBSSports.com

Maybe Loomis needs to go the way of Bill Polian..By delaying the inevitable,it kinda keeps everything else in limbo regarding resigning players.5 million a year is definitely far apart.

There are several things in play here..Mostly, what they will look like in 2 years with the cap...I feel they will come to a deal this weekend..Believe me,Drew is going nowhere,even though teams and fans are licking their chops to get him...Drew said the other day that he respects Loomis and Benson for looking out for the team and trying to keep everyone together.."That's what you do in this business..And that's what it is,a business..I feel no disrespect is coming toward me"...

I'm not worried about Drew leaving N.O. But he deserves better than being franchise tagged, which can limit his pay.

Remember after Marino set the record..Two year later, he threatened to leave the Dolphins because they acted like they didn't want to pay him...It's a process,like the man said...

Not sure if this was posted on this thread or somewhere else but thought I would posted it just encase it wasn't

Saints put franchise tag on quarterback Brees

METAIRIE, La. (AP)—The New Orleans Saints have placed the franchise tag on Drew Brees—giving them exclusive negotiating rights with their Pro Bowl quarterback for the next year.

Brees has been involved in lengthy contract talks with the Saints and, without the tag, could have negotiated with other teams as a free agent. Team spokesman Greg Bensel said Saturday that the Saints were officially notifying the NFL of the designation..................

Saints put franchise tag on quarterback Brees - NFL - Yahoo! Sports