Saints Coach.

Stoney

TB Veteran
Credits
Ok, I'm not a big NFL fan. But I don't understand all the fuss over the Saints coach tough locker room talk.

I always thought coaches went a little over the top, to pump up their team.

Am I missing something? Are we too easily offended, or did this this coach cross a line?

My opinion, we are to easily offended.

I was initially on the fence due to the way I was taught to play the game myself, I guess. However, I've changed my stance after hearing how specific he was in targeting players and in how specific on trying to injure them.

You can't have coaches involved in that stuff. Greg Williams is done for life.

We are certainly a nation of the offended.That said,my opinion,which im sure some will differ are,due to lawsuits recently brought up against the league by former players and their families concerning safety,the league has to look like its doing everything to make a violent game as safe as possible.That and the fact the Saints were warned previously to halt their "bounty" program and snubbed their nose at the league and continued it.It will paint a very rosy picture for the next lawsuit as the NFL can maintain its doing everything in its power to promote safety in the league.

Is it fair??Dunno.Were the Saints made an example of??Yep,but they were forewarned.

We are certainly a nation of the offended.That said,my opinion,which im sure some will differ are,due to lawsuits recently brought up against the league by former players and their families concerning safety,the league has to look like its doing everything to make a violent game as safe as possible.That and the fact the Saints were warned previously to halt their "bounty" program and snubbed their nose at the league and continued it.It will paint a very rosy picture for the next lawsuit as the NFL can maintain its doing everything in its power to promote safety in the league.

Is it fair??Dunno.Were the Saints made an example of??Yep,but they were forewarned.

I think the cream is starting to come to the top here...In their statements to the Commish, Payton, Loomis and Vitt told him in the hearing,that Williams was told to "back off" of the rewards program he had going...He didn't...As far as the "locker room talk", I heard that same talk all 7 years I played high school and college ball...No different..Now, if this is what they are going to convict Williams of his wrong doings on, they better fine every single Defensive Coordinator ,from high school, all the way up to the NFL...I don't care much for Williams, never have,but that's me..I believe in a finesse type defense..Speed..Agility..And intelligence..Along with strength...I don't believe in a blitzing every down defense...I think the Saints defense went down from the Superbowl year because of that fact...They were trying to hard to make things happen,rather than reading the offense and reacting to it...Williams, I'm glad he's gone...

It's getting very tiresome of both sides. Past players b"""""""" cause their jealous they didn't make the big contracts of today and corporate finessing the game. Won't be long well be left watching high paid flag football. However agree Williams should be barred from nfl since he got caught.