Saints paying a bounty

"Vile"..LOL....I don't think they got paid though...Not many big hits out of the defense this year....I wouldn't worry too much, if we brought every team up on this,if they were honest, you would have half the teams charged...This has been going on,since the NFL was conceived..They'll pay the fine,and move on to the next bounty...

Last edited by a moderator:
2009, 2010, and 2011 seasons. With all of the safety concerns that they are addressing, I think that they are in deep trouble. Goodell has no choice but to spank their hinder. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

I new Dem Saints weren't really Saints LOL . I'm telling you the flags are coming out sooner then you think stay tuned for the new National Flag Football League .

I agree with Loon.Im sure it happens,but you're not guilty till you get caught.I think an example will be made.I also think its ironic,with the players screaming "player safety" that those same players would participate in a bounty system to put other players out.Football is a contact sport,but to reward players for injuring others isn't something this league will not tolerate.

Yea,but the players are their worst enemy.They,as a union,are calling for "safer" football and then a bounty scandal comes out.Sounds like they want their cake and eat it too..

I know that back when I played, seems like 80 or 90 years ago, we talked about putting certain opponents out of the game. We didn't want any permanent damage done to them, but it was a goal to put them out for the game. And I'm sure that they targeted some of us also. That's football man. That kind of talk was also a way to get each other jacked up for the game and eliminate any thoughts of getting injuries to ourselves. But, to have a bounty, admitted to publicly and at the highest level, probably isn't going to set very well with the league. I'm expecting serious punishment.

Yea,but the players are their worst enemy.They,as a union,are calling for "safer" football and then a bounty scandal comes out.Sounds like they want their cake and eat it too..

If that were true,then why did the players agree to the bounty? I'm with ya a9..But I don't think the union representation makes them their worst enemy...Of course they want their cake and eat it to,so do you and me..But you and I are not in the position to do what they do for living...Larger facilities..More revenue...Makes greedy people..The players feel as I do about "money making deals"..If I am your product,you are going to pay for me..I think I hear Godell talking safer football more than the players..Why? Because they are their product...No one likes to purchase bruised tomatoes...

All through my football years, it was all about hurting the guy across from you.

I was 6'5"/270 lbs my senior year of high school..I played both sides....Nose tackle on defense and left tackle on offense..I never intended to hurt anyone...Until you made the move to injure me...I played my college ball the same way..These guys know the risks they take when they step on the field..They are very well paid and highly insured...As far as "bounties" go, I disapprove of it...Why would you intentionally want to take someone way of living away from them...All of this boils down to a coach, not realizing the ramifications of what he was asking the players to do...

Conrad Dobler that played for the St.Louis Cardinals in the 70's was one of the nastiest,ruthless,meanest player I ever watched in the NFL...He didn't care who you were...If you lined up across from him,you were going down..I seen an interview with Conrad about 6 years ago,and he tried to discuss his career in the NFL through tears...He never realized he was that mean on the field..Because that was the way he was taught to play the game...I think that's what Williams wanted to instill into his players,not just in New Orleans, but anywhere he coached..They are saying this may go all the way back to the Redskin days....if you teach this everyday,day in,day out, the players become a product of their environment....

I know what your saying and where your coming from. I think for me it came down to how I was coached up at an early age.

I remember being a running back in practice and having the **** beat out of me by 3 guys after they tackled me. The coaches were always slow to break up those things and encouraged that mean spirit.

Taking away another persons living is fair and I think under those circumstances it would be a little different. Finally, I did show mercy at times but for the most part.... I was always looking for the 28 sweep crack back. Wr to LB Decleater!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was when men were men.....
A photo of a dazed Tittle in the endzone taken by Morris Berman of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on September 20, 1964, is regarded among the most iconic images in the history of sports. Tittle, who was in the final season of his career, was photographed helmet-less, bloodied and kneeling immediately after having been knocked to the ground by John Baker of the Pittsburgh Steelers and throwing an interception that was returned for a touchdown at the old Pitt Stadium. The quarterback suffered both a concussion and cracked sternum on the play. He would go on to play out the rest of the season
yatittle.jpg

This was when men were men.....
A photo of a dazed Tittle in the endzone taken by Morris Berman of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on September 20, 1964, is regarded among the most iconic images in the history of sports. Tittle, who was in the final season of his career, was photographed helmet-less, bloodied and kneeling immediately after having been knocked to the ground by John Baker of the Pittsburgh Steelers and throwing an interception that was returned for a touchdown at the old Pitt Stadium. The quarterback suffered both a concussion and cracked sternum on the play. He would go on to play out the rest of the season
yatittle.jpg

Wonder of Y.A. ever b!tched about bounties...

YA and family probably never filed a lawsuit against the league either.Different era and bounty's wont cut it.If your gonna do it,dont get caught,and the Saints got caught.

"I was 6'5"/270 lbs my senior year of high school.."

You sound like the guy who would take my lunch money away from me.