Sale Announced

Discussion in 'Jevic Transportation' started by DoorMatt, Jun 30, 2006.

1. DOLLARBILL

DOLLARBILL Member

you are so right i hope it works out for jevic. but those milloniaires buys companys an drain them. or put there debts on them an close the door company dont care about the workers that made them who the are.it is all ways the bottom line or a tax right off.companys used to want workers to retire from them. not no more the dont want you to stay to long. it cost them to much money.

2. longhaul

longhaul Member

We should all line up another job then go union and the all quit if we dont get more money

3. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

Matt, I've made a decisoin to to the best I can for my company. I've worked for 2 defunct ones already and was laid off due to economic reasons from a third.

I can't and won't pretend to have all the answers. All I can tell you is that I've decided to do the best I can.

If you work at Jevic I want you there. More importantly, I want you to want to be here if not, you gotta do what's best for you.

We don't have enough drivers. We don't have enough nice new trucks, we don't have enough tonnage.

We do have enough people pointing out what's wrong already. Help me row.

4. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

20 years. 2 out of business carriers. Cut from one of the Big 3 for economcs.

No one has the crystal ball. I just feel that enthusiasm is underrated. I feel that every person makes a difference. I've seen the negativity spread like a cancer at Preston. A 67 year old brand name, recognized among the very best.

As I walk through the different depts at the Jeivc home office, I see people excited and happy. I've talked to dozens of local home boy drivers. Everyone thinks it's a goods thing.

That's where it begins. If you make things happen and turn a profit for the people who bought you, you've got a solid chance for survival.

At CF, it was too late. At Preston it was too late. Same with Red Star.

Jevic is different. Noone has the protect from freeze. Noone has the ability to trace a shipment from cradle to grave. Noone can brag about a .5% claims ratio. All facts. We got this. We got what customers want.

Please keep focused on this: We only posted 1 losing quarter in 25 years.

How long did the aforementioned carriers carry losing quarters? Years?

5. BuzzBeez

BuzzBeez Extraboard Crazy

losing quarter?

Don't think that losing quarter may not have been really all that bad. Heard someone say something about some kind of big balloon payment that quarter. Could have been just a rumor though.

6. Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy Member

Longhaul: sounds simple enough. I'm 60. When we do this, will the union give me full retirement in 5 yrs? They should, since several people on these boards think being union will solve all our problems.

Color me, "Not Convinced". (Re: CF, Preston, McLean, Pilot, Akers Motor Lines, Central Motor Lines, ETMF, et al. Many of you weren't even born when some of these defunct companies fell victim to the bottom line--all Teamsters-affiliated, by the way.)

7. DOLLARBILL

DOLLARBILL Member

post all the company that went under that was non-union to.i bet there is 10 times more.

8. imported_gabbydad

imported_gabbydad Member

Start listing, I got $20.

Listen, genius, most of the companies that went under were Union, becuase that's all there was. The prevelance of non-union is only in the last 15 to 20 years. :biglaugh:

How's that JB Hunt treating you by the way?

9. DOLLARBILL

DOLLARBILL Member

save your $20. 4 your rainy day:smilie_132:

10. Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy Member

Good Answer GBD; Dollar Bill>> THE POINT IS:::UNIONS CAN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING!!! WAGES,BENEFITS,SECURITY, FUTURES-NOTHING! THEY CAN ONLY BARGAIN FOR THEIR MEMBERS WITH THE EMPLOYER(S) IN ORDER TO GET AN ACCEPTABLE WORK AGREEMENT! THAT'S ALL! :duh: