Sale Announced

Friend of the frog said:
Gabby- I hate to be a sour puss, but CF spent over $20 million about 6 months before closing. USF had ordered more than $23 million in new equipment in Feb of 04 and were gone in May of 04. The trucks still came.

Spending money does not insure your future. Trust me I was in your shoes. Every situation is different and I understand that. You need to make this work because it means the world to your.

The sad part is that the millioniaire who acquired you guys don't have the same desire that you have.
you are so right i hope it works out for jevic. but those milloniaires buys companys an drain them. or put there debts on them an close the door company dont care about the workers that made them who the are.it is all ways the bottom line or a tax right off.companys used to want workers to retire from them. not no more the dont want you to stay to long. it cost them to much money.

DoorMatt said:
Well, what about keeping the old drivers? The ones who have been there for 15, 18 years and are driving pieces of junk that should have been taken off the road two years ago?

It's all well and good to get new equiptment but the drivers who have stuck around need to get it first. Even just going back and doing the proper maintence. I needed a new shock for six months. They replace ONE. Because of that the new shock is leaking. Both should have been done, but they won't.

We're getting more and more retreads on the truck. We're getting less and less service.

And BFD on the Qualcomm. Local J1 drivers don't have it. They have Nextel phones. That mostly suck. And when they do finally work, they change the programming without updating the drivers and those in the field have to figure it out again. And the Qualcomm version they do have is so old that it's almost obsolete. If they're going to brag on it, it needs to be current. It was cutting edge when it first was installed but it's not any more.

Matt, I've made a decisoin to to the best I can for my company. I've worked for 2 defunct ones already and was laid off due to economic reasons from a third.

I can't and won't pretend to have all the answers. All I can tell you is that I've decided to do the best I can.

If you work at Jevic I want you there. More importantly, I want you to want to be here if not, you gotta do what's best for you.

We don't have enough drivers. We don't have enough nice new trucks, we don't have enough tonnage.

We do have enough people pointing out what's wrong already. Help me row.

Friend of the frog said:
Gabby- I hate to be a sour puss, but CF spent over $20 million about 6 months before closing. USF had ordered more than $23 million in new equipment in Feb of 04 and were gone in May of 04. The trucks still came.

Spending money does not insure your future. Trust me I was in your shoes. Every situation is different and I understand that. You need to make this work because it means the world to your.

The sad part is that the millioniaire who acquired you guys don't have the same desire that you have.

20 years. 2 out of business carriers. Cut from one of the Big 3 for economcs.

No one has the crystal ball. I just feel that enthusiasm is underrated. I feel that every person makes a difference. I've seen the negativity spread like a cancer at Preston. A 67 year old brand name, recognized among the very best.

As I walk through the different depts at the Jeivc home office, I see people excited and happy. I've talked to dozens of local home boy drivers. Everyone thinks it's a goods thing.

That's where it begins. If you make things happen and turn a profit for the people who bought you, you've got a solid chance for survival.

At CF, it was too late. At Preston it was too late. Same with Red Star.

Jevic is different. Noone has the protect from freeze. Noone has the ability to trace a shipment from cradle to grave. Noone can brag about a .5% claims ratio. All facts. We got this. We got what customers want.

Please keep focused on this: We only posted 1 losing quarter in 25 years.

How long did the aforementioned carriers carry losing quarters? Years?

losing quarter?

Don't think that losing quarter may not have been really all that bad. Heard someone say something about some kind of big balloon payment that quarter. Could have been just a rumor though.

Longhaul: sounds simple enough. I'm 60. When we do this, will the union give me full retirement in 5 yrs? They should, since several people on these boards think being union will solve all our problems.

Color me, "Not Convinced". (Re: CF, Preston, McLean, Pilot, Akers Motor Lines, Central Motor Lines, ETMF, et al. Many of you weren't even born when some of these defunct companies fell victim to the bottom line--all Teamsters-affiliated, by the way.)

Dirty White Boy said:
Longhaul: sounds simple enough. I'm 60. When we do this, will the union give me full retirement in 5 yrs? They should, since several people on these boards think being union will solve all our problems.

Color me, "Not Convinced". (Re: CF, Preston, McLean, Pilot, Akers Motor Lines, Central Motor Lines, ETMF, et al. Many of you weren't even born when some of these defunct companies fell victim to the bottom line--all Teamsters-affiliated, by the way.)
post all the company that went under that was non-union to.i bet there is 10 times more.

DOLLAR BILL said:
post all the company that went under that was non-union to.i bet there is 10 times more.

Start listing, I got $20.

Listen, genius, most of the companies that went under were Union, becuase that's all there was. The prevelance of non-union is only in the last 15 to 20 years. :biglaugh:

How's that JB Hunt treating you by the way?

gabbydad said:
Start listing, I got $20.

Listen, genius, most of the companies that went under were Union, becuase that's all there was. The prevelance of non-union is only in the last 15 to 20 years. :biglaugh:

How's that JB Hunt treating you by the way?
save your $20. 4 your rainy day:smilie_132:

Good Answer GBD; Dollar Bill>> THE POINT IS:::UNIONS CAN'T GUARANTEE ANYTHING!!! WAGES,BENEFITS,SECURITY, FUTURES-NOTHING! THEY CAN ONLY BARGAIN FOR THEIR MEMBERS WITH THE EMPLOYER(S) IN ORDER TO GET AN ACCEPTABLE WORK AGREEMENT! THAT'S ALL! :duh: