Sale Sale Sale when??

mothertrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
I know we are going to be sold ,but the question is when? I hope and pray that the new owner or owners bring this company back to where it should be. I have been with this company a long time and i still even have the same truck i started with, and that is sad. The local fleet in every terminal is falling apart, or dumb A**es don't know how to take care of them.I know i have talked with other drivers and our pay scale is low for both road and local and, that is sad. WE deserve better we work hard for our company and we are loyal to it.If not we would have moved on.I just hope that the new owner will do right by us as we have for our company for many many years. So i guess all we can do is sit on the sidelines and watch. I hope when all said and done i will see my brothers and friends i have made at this company on the other side.:tribehasspoken:

"Mulitple Choice" Poll

Need to re-vamp this POLL. No instructions, and if you checked anything, you voted Yes. What about the question re. time with/co.?...Yes?

I guess I missed something. :redneck:

It sure ain't the same company that it was when old Harry owned it!That's why a lot of the Jevic drivers jumped ship and went to New Century.

Give it a couple of more weeks. The sale is going through and the outcome will be positive.

We are so stinking busy with freight right now, it isn't funny.

As for the days of milk and honey when harry had this company, you can keep em.

I'm proud to be a Harry hater and all he stands for:

Trash talking, grudge keeping, bully who throws his money around.

Talk to the 1400 Jevic drivers who stay with us. Or better yet, the DOZENS of guys who went over to NC only to return or ask to return.

Those Cranberry colored trucks aren't gonna stay shiney and new forever.

Harry buys back the "Company" It's time he gets to Play with the UNION too.
He Sucks. thats the bottom line.
Unions aren't the best thing going But...
If He buys us back. We ought to GENTLY PLACE IT IN HIS TUSHY TEAMSTERS.

Sumdumshmuck, Please don't be vulger on the boards.

Thank You

Jevic's purpose

I wonder how many of you who extoll your opines to us on this subject, even know what one of the original purposes of Jevic was?
I'll answer that one for you .
Jevic was a tool used by Yellow to get rid of Preston. Eliminating good union jobs that provided a good living for hard working men and women. And I remember at that time the Jevic drivers laughing at the displaced Preston employees. How does it feel when it happens to you?

Rocketmann, you're partially correct.

Slightly, and I mean slightly correct.

I was with Preston till our demise. I've been with Jevic 6 years.

Jevic was invented in the early 80's. They served the niche between full TL and small LTL.

Our bread and butter was 5000# and up shipments.

Harry goes public in 98/99. Stock doesn't do well. Yellow buys us, yes to link us with Saia to shed Yellow Frt (and get rid of the union). 2 weeks after Yellow buys Jevic, Yellow shuts us down at Preston.

It's not Jevic's Purpose. It's Yellow's. Just like Roadway and Conway figured a way to spin off the union, Yellow wanted to do the same.

Jevic is a little more of a victim.

Harry get's a boatload of $, Yellow doesn't make him sign a non compete, and he starts a company aimed at destroying Jevic.

Yellow quickly figures out that Jevic and Saia are way too differnt to merge. Now Yellow has to go into the 2003 negotiations with the union while owning 2 "scab" companies.

Yellow has to find a way to get rid of us (Jevic/Saia). But the economy was bad so they couldn't sell. They formed SCS to "own" us and move forward.

As for Jevic Drivers "laughing". I can assure you one thing, in 20 years, with 6 major carriers, I've yet to find an organization that doesn't have their share of A#$holes.

But to say that as an organization Jevic was laughing, is a little dramatic.

As for my comments on the union. It's not a judgement either way. Just facts.

What I find amazing is that any Joe with a couple of years of freight experience can see that Jevic was not a good match with SAIA as a traditional LTL carrier. Why couldn't Yellow.

I also understand the Yellow stratedy with regards to shedding Yellow freight and the union. Look how successful Conway was after Cf destroyed itself.

The irony of all this is now Yellow has the pieces in place to send Yellow feight into the sunset, but they are still stuck with the union. So instead they buy and buy and buy. They dig a deep hole of debt and become more and more dependant on organized labor.

It will be interesting to see what shakes out of this mess in April of 2008

You know, Frog, I asked that question of a SR manager once.

He wasn't involved in the deal, but he said it came down to cash. The poeple brokering the deal all made tons!

And Maury Meyers, ironically enough, left Yellow Crop just after the deal to run Waste Management.

Amazing what goes on in board rooms.

Masters of the Universe.

better said

You said that much better than I was able to I think we are the same page I do realize that it was yellow's doing BUT one of the key tools in doing so was Jevic.
Take Care

Hello? Anyone there? Have we been sold and everyone's left the building? With Elvis

It's awful quiet out there. Next Friday is the end of the Qtr. Who's gonna sign my check next month? Is everyone on vacation, and left me watching the store? I don't even wear a watch. :duck:

I'm ready for a change, for the better. I need a new personal car, and it would be nice to know I have a job to pay for it! :Pick-Me:

Airbr8ks said:
i will tell you guy's something really screwed up is. why is yellows and scst corporate office's are at the same address???

Same address? According to their respective web sites YRC is located in Overland Park, KS and SCST is located in Kansas City, MO.

Granted the drive time between the two locations is not very much, but at the same address? They are located on opposite sides of the KS-MO border.

Yeah, deathly silent...today's the day/end of the qtr. Come on, Gabbydad, time's a'wasten'...we're overdue some good news.
we seem to be covered up in frt., can't get it moved, and have no drivers to move it/wonder who caused us :attention: to be in this situation? Could it be, oh, say,...SCS (YRW)?? :nutkick:

We've been buying lots of outside transportation in the last couple of weeks; mostly Prime; seen lots of 'em @J3 and especially J5; 6+ on yard last 2-3 nites. Ominous signs we are desperate for help. :hissyfit: