Central Transport | sales bonuses

heard salesman talking about his sales bonus for last month? we lose millions and pay salesman bonuses.

You are correct 5580, they are paying sales folks a bonus to hit specific targets. They can make from 500 to several thousand extra per month and the goals are not at all unattainable if they get out there and make it happen. They finally have figured out that they must stop the bleeding of the sales group bur most all the producers are gone. This is getting more comical with each passing day!

I do not know the specifics of how Vitran sales people get paid, but I assume most LTL companies pay bonuses based on performance. If a p and d driver breaks down and works over normal hours they get paid for it. If a LH driver meets their meet driver by driving further to different truck stop they get paid extra miles. I imagine sales people are expected to do a base line amount of business for base pay and get bonuses for doing more.

I understand vitran is making poor choices and sending good money after bad, but taking care of sales is as important as taking care of any other employee.

A silver tongued sales person can work miracles. Just look at the many accounts we have lost again and again and get back.