ABF | SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE!

Muler

TB Veteran
Credits
It appears that yellow has been doing their DOG AND PONY SHOW for a long time.

Does this article sound like something the current yrc Teamsters have heard lately.?

OVERLAND PARK, Kan., June 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Yellow Corporation (Nasdaq:
YELL) announced today that it has reached agreement in principle to sell
Preston Trucking Company to a management group of three senior Preston
Trucking officers. The three senior officers of Preston who are buying the
company include David J. Letke, President; J. Sean Callahan, Senior Vice
President and Chief Financial Officer; and Nicholas J. Marino, Senior Vice
President and Chief Operating Officer.
The sale is subject to successful negotiation of a new five-year labor
agreement for Preston with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and the
Preston management group securing financing for future working capital needs.
"We are informed that the sale is being positively viewed by the Teamsters and
that labor negotiations are scheduled to commence no later than June 11. The
new owners are in the process of finalizing lending arrangements with a major
financial institution," said A. Maurice Myers, Chairman, President and CEO of
Yellow Corporation.
The financial impact of the sale is estimated to result in a second
quarter non-recurring charge of between $55 and $65 million. Yellow
Corporation estimates it will realize positive net cash flow principally from
income tax benefits of approximately $20 million. In addition, Yellow
Corporation will restate its historical results to segregate Preston results
from continuing operations. For example, in the first quarter of 1998, the
loss of $.02 per share will be presented as net income from continuing
operations of $.14 per share and a net loss of $.16 per share from
discontinued operations.
Preston is a regional carrier serving the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and
Central States. It currently operates 62 terminals and substations. Preston
delivered 2.4 million tons of freight in 1997, and serves approximately
190,000 customers. "We look forward to providing the outstanding level of
service our customers have come to expect," Letke said, "not only now, but
well into the next century."
Yellow Corporation is a holding company with operating subsidiaries
specializing in national, regional and international less-than-truckload
transportation. Headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas, Yellow employs
approximately 34,000 people, including 5,700 Preston Trucking employees.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...o-sell-preston-trucking-company-78002332.html

DATE PUBLISHED: JUNE 01, 1998

One would have to ask themselves why ups was cut a break. I guess money talks and BS walks. Notice the article said all ups was charged was the price to cover their employees only. INTERESTING!

A little more than five years ago, the increasing costs associated with withdrawing from pension plans caused one large company, UPS Inc. (United Parcel Service), to buy its way out. In December 2007, UPS paid $6.1 billion to withdraw from the Teamsters Central States fund. At the time, UPS was large enough to cut a deal. Under the arrangement, UPS was still liable for its own employees' retirement, but was excused from having to pay for the retirement of other Teamsters who never worked for it.

http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/18574

Doesn't anyone else wonder why yellow could buy Roadway or Holland and for that matter New Penn? I would like to know when yellow ever had enough money to cover the pension liability for just one of the companies that they bought.

Nobody lifted a finger while they sold off all the assets of Roadway to fund their high salaries and spending sprees.

Yes Brothers all that property they sold was your pension money going out the window. hoffa nyhan and company can't say they did not know.
Remember they did not come to us until yrc had nothing to seize if they went into default. Now we are at risk of having very little if any pension in the future but all that money went somewhere but not towards our pensions.

It is time we start calling out the people that got us to this point and DEMAND that the government launch an in depth investigation into all parties involved. We need to start screaming to the heavens that it be done. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

One would have to ask themselves why ups was cut a break. I guess money talks and BS walks. Notice the article said all ups was charged was the price to cover their employees only. INTERESTING!

A little more than five years ago, the increasing costs associated with withdrawing from pension plans caused one large company, UPS Inc. (United Parcel Service), to buy its way out. In December 2007, UPS paid $6.1 billion to withdraw from the Teamsters Central States fund. At the time, UPS was large enough to cut a deal. Under the arrangement, UPS was still liable for its own employees' retirement, but was excused from having to pay for the retirement of other Teamsters who never worked for it.

http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/18574
I think ABF also was trying to buy out of the teamster pensions about the same time as UPS. Don't know what happened or maybe I should say why it didn't happen. I believe their liability would have been like 1 billion.
B F

I think ABF also was trying to buy out of the teamster pensions about the same time as UPS. Don't know what happened or maybe I should say why it didn't happen. I believe their liability would have been like 1 billion.
B F

vQE5MT2.jpg

CmGgKeC.jpg

and the rest is history...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...420-aa2f-1845018c56c7/?utm_term=.b1011bdb0946

:crybaby:

Overall consensus among my peers is no one is willing to strike if the same bs is thrown at us just like last contract. Everyone is happy to have a job.....lol

Overall consensus among my peers is no one is willing to strike if the same bs is thrown at us just like last contract. Everyone is happy to have a job.....lol

How did the consensus come to that? What a shame,......In this day of severe QUALIFIED driver shortages, any company should be grateful you've condescended to come to work that day.....

The driver with a clean CDL is the HOT PROPERTY nowadays,.......yet company propaganda will bend heaven and earth just to convince guys that ain't so.......

How did the consensus come to that? What a shame,......In this day of severe QUALIFIED driver shortages, any company should be grateful you've condescended to come to work that day.....

The driver with a clean CDL is the HOT PROPERTY nowadays,.......yet company propaganda will bend heaven and earth just to convince guys that ain't so.......
I don't even believe the post. I don't know anyone that isn't upset about this last contract. Just my opinion I guess.

Do you people think anything is going to change the second time around? If you think changes for the better, your living in a pipe dream! Cuts are coming again..... last contract passed by a slim margin. My guess is whatever gets proposed this time around will pass with flying colors

Do you people think anything is going to change the second time around? If you think changes for the better, your living in a pipe dream! Cuts are coming again..... last contract passed by a slim margin. My guess is whatever gets proposed this time around will pass with flying colors
Troll

Smells like rollin 62 rebranded to me.
Oh, No!.........Don't mention his name!..........He'll re-appear like some hillbilly Mephistopheles in a blaze of sulphur-smelling smoke........I had to burn incense and spray Glade for three days last time he resurrected himself here.........
Besides, he's not banned and has no need to rebrand.